Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I give you Jadon Sancho, 75 million and 250 grand a week. Very ,very few wingers in this league get half decent figures. Barnes , by the way, is more striker than winger.

Based on what lollollol he’s a winger who’s been tried (and failed) a few times centrally… his whole game is getting his man 1 on 1 and beating him for pace down the line or cutting in and getting his shot away

59 minutes ago, Guest said:

Just over the last few seasons there's Barnes, March, Mitoma, Trossard, Almiron, Raphinha, Bowen, Mbeumo, Zaha, Benrahma, Harrison, Wissa, Cornet, Saint-Maximin, Neto and possibly more, and that's excluding players at the big six. I'm not sure why you think citing Mahrez and Sancho ad infinitum somehow proves that productive wingers are impossible to acquire. I think I preferred it when you were obsessed with George Hirst.

I will not rubbish Tete , or any player for that matter , unlike some on here. He has a part to play until the end of the season when who knows , we might buy him. Expectations were far too high on here, its tough making an impact in the PL when opposition full backs are determined to kick your arse. By with way if we flog Hirst to Ipswich he might well be playing against us next season . Feel free to have a laugh at my expense.

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anything but. I didn't fancy Tete from the get go. I've been absolutely consistent. I did think, I then thought and now still think he's rubbish.

Are you saying you weren't entirely open minded? Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but you appear to be trying to make your (seeming) dogma a virtue. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are you saying you weren't entirely open minded? Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but you appear to be trying to make your (seeming) dogma a virtue. 

I want to see any posts from him during the Villa game when Tete ran riot.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I want to see any posts from him during the Villa game when Tete ran riot.

Find them. I can't recall posting tho I wish I had. As, honest, I wasn't convinced. I mean, I was clearly happy with his goal and his touch looked good. But his strength, positioning and speed all looked suspect. But I doubt i posted it. Clearly it would've been rather harsh after a win, a goal and all on a debut. I'm not that judgemental! 

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sceptical for sure. I definitely posted as much as the time. Always, always happy to be proved wrong  

I'm dying on this hill. I'll be DELIGHTED to be wrong. But I won't be. He's garbage 🗑️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a really difficult first half there. His corners seem decent, but he’s not being brave enough. He needs to be running in behind and running at defenders to commit them. He’s being too stand-offish.

We do over complicate more than most teams and often as a result our downfall is of our own making. May be bias but really don't see other teams make as many self inflicted problems as us. 

Still seen enough from Smith to know he likes to play on the front foot. He's inherited this so can only work with the tools he's been left.