Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

If you are going to have one great game and be fairly anonymous for the rest of your time here, make it at the start.  Thanks for the Villa game.

Unless the coaching staff are seeing something unbelievable in training that we are not seeing, I think he has to be dropped.

I wanted to us sign Under quite a bit more than I want us to sign Tete.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, martyn said:

Plays like there is a big weight on his back.

Nothing is done with the sharpness needed, he doesn't move with fluidity, he doesn't manipulate the ball quickly enough and he takes too long with his decision making. 

Don't think he should see another minute really.

...Barnes when he first came into the team was a bit like a rabbit caught in a headlight!!!

You could see how he was unsure of what to do when given the space to run in on goal, perhaps this is a bigger step up for Tete, but we just do not have the time to hope he gets to acclimatize, I still think there is a very good player there.

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Our non-scoring, non-dribbling, non-assisting lead booted non-winger, not a 10 not a 9, not an 8, not an anything-very-much player that was here for 3 years? 

Tete’s clearly not the answer, but I can’t be having this revisionism that Perez was actually any fkin good, either. 

Perez was average out wide.

Tete is awful.

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

Our non-scoring, non-dribbling, non-assisting lead booted non-winger, not a 10 not a 9, not an 8, not an anything-very-much player that was here for 3 years? 

Tete’s clearly not the answer, but I can’t be having this revisionism that Perez was actually any fkin good, either. 

Where did you get that from "we'd have been better playing Perez"? If anything it was a slight against Perez but saying Tete is even worse.

Like Perez is a 1 good game in every 8 type player, so far Tete has been a 1 good game in 12. I think we'd have definitely been better off keeping Perez.

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Barnes when he first came into the team was a bit like a rabbit caught in a headlight!!!

You could see how he was unsure of what to do when given the space to run in on goal, perhaps this is a bigger step up for Tete, but we just do not have the time to hope he gets to acclimatize, I still think there is a very good player there.

You're right , we don't have time. You may have hitched your cart to the wrong horse here. A fixation with balance won't work in our situation . We need total commitment from all our players. A bench option from now on , he may have some impact then.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I personally think we’ve seen Perez have some decent games and come on the pitch to be a positive influence. 
I see nothing in Tete to be honest. Today again he was just invisible for most of the game. Completely ineffective 

...we do not choose to go down the right too often!!!

For a long time, we have relied on Barnes to be the one to create chances and be a threat. Perez was more a stopgap for the right side, we were always looking for another Barnes on the right, let us not start eulogising Perez.

6 minutes ago, red5 said:

So why is he constantly picked to play?

Because he’s our only right winger as we bizarrely decided to loan our other 2 out and leave us with zero other options.

If we want to play Barnes and Maddison at #10, we don’t have much choice.

Edited by Sampson