Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

Not convinced he's a winger. Looks like a Praet-style player who gets bunged out on the right to do a job there. It's all very neat & tidy but I only heard his name mentioned about 4 times. Get in the game, do something. May as well have kept Perez or Albrighton.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Running out of patience now. Leeds are a car crash at the back, exactly the kind of side he ought to shine against and he was crap. Thinking this is another Under.

He's no where near as good as Under, and that says everything about him.  He offers nothing. We are as good as playing with 10 men!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Running out of patience now. Leeds are a car crash at the back, exactly the kind of side he ought to shine against and he was crap. Thinking this is another Under.

I know I sound like a broken record but Under is clearly a much better winger.

He actually had a few good moments and whilst might not be cut for the PL (doesn’t track back enough) at least he had that genuine pace to get in behind players.

There was a moment last night when Castagne passed the ball towards Tete and he just jogged away with his back to him 🙈

• Like 1

Noticed a few times last night where he just needed to offload the ball quicker. Instead be kept hold of it and tried to beat the defender. By which time Leeds got another player back and either the pass wasn't on any more or he was doubled up on. 

Hopefully Smith and Co can teach him to play quicker and make better decisions. 

• Like 1

Bringing in Tete is just another example of Rodgers mismanagement, only this time it relates to Albrighton who I'm convinced would have offered more than Tete even if his best years are behind him. 

If Albrighton can be recalled, we should do so, Tete is done here, I'll be surprised if we see him again. 

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SK3Blue said:

Bringing in Tete is just another example of Rodgers mismanagement, only this time it relates to Albrighton who I'm convinced would have offered more than Tete even if his best years are behind him. 

If Albrighton can be recalled, we should do so, Tete is done here, I'll be surprised if we see him again. 

Albrighton isn't in our squad, so you have to let that go. At the moment, Tete feels like a luxury we can't afford. I think he could potentially make a difference if we were pushing for a European slot and the team were playing with oodles of confidence and flair. But we are scraping for survival in his first exposure to the PL. He's just not suited to or ready for that. I agree about the overall mismanagement to get to this point, but its ultimately why Bodgers lost his job. He got what he wanted (offloaded some castoffs, introduce the winger that he would have said was the missing link), but like a lot that Bodgers did this season, it wasn't what the team needed.

Tete doesn't deserve a start against Everton. Needs another option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Not convinced he's a winger. Looks like a Praet-style player who gets bunged out on the right to do a job there. It's all very neat & tidy but I only heard his name mentioned about 4 times. Get in the game, do something. May as well have kept Perez or Albrighton.

...he is a winger alright!!! 

He seems to want to carry the ball and runs  into trouble,as his control on the ball is just not tight enough and seems too inclined to go to ground when losing out in challenges. 

He looks better when bringing others in, as opposed to beating half a team and ignoring spaces created for his teammates. Much like Ghezzal who had all the skills, but floundered out on the pitch, either he realised this was way ahead if his level, or lack the conviction to make it work. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

Albrighton is underwhelming West Brom. If he can’t stand out in Championship I’m not sure he’ll do much for us. I love the guy and was expecting him to be a big deal for the Baggies. He hasn’t been. 

Harry on the bench, Tete and VK coming under criticism. Who thinks transfer windows solve anything? In fact across the PL very few incomers from Jan. have made an immediate difference. Once again reality is nothing like "Football Manager".

Bitterly disappointed how he has turned out. 

There’s a top class player in there, but he’s come into a struggling team, having to adapt to the PL and gain confidence with his team mates, which hasn’t happened.

Apparently he’s the best player at the club by a country mile on the training by pitch, no one can touch him from what I’ve been told. He just can’t get into games. 

4 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Albrighton is underwhelming West Brom. If he can’t stand out in Championship I’m not sure he’ll do much for us. I love the guy and was expecting him to be a big deal for the Baggies. He hasn’t been. 

I just think it's the experience that would be beneficial and you always get 100% with Marc, I'd still rather have him than Tete, even if it's just an option off the bench.