Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

Not sure he is suited to the Premier League. It's fast and its physical and he always just seems to be step behind what is going on. Not necessarily his fault but he just hasn't or can't adapt to what we need from him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Bitterly disappointed how he has turned out. 

There’s a top class player in there, but he’s come into a struggling team, having to adapt to the PL and gain confidence with his team mates, which hasn’t happened.

Apparently he’s the best player at the club by a country mile on the training by pitch, no one can touch him from what I’ve been told. He just can’t get into games. 

.Madison's comment on Ghezzal ... exactly!!! 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

3 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I just think it's the experience that would be beneficial and you always get 100% with Marc, I'd still rather have him than Tete, even if it's just an option off the bench. 

Yes you could be right - he does always put a shift in, he’s a defensive force for and I suspect quite a good influence behind the scenes ..I just hope we can find a way to get Tete playing to his potential…

• Like 1

If we stay up and we had the opportunity to sign him for £17m I think I would. You'd pay that for a semi-decent Championship player these days and there's clearly a player in there. If you look at his circumstances; came from France to the PL (step up in terms of pace/physicality), with high expectations, into a club off-form and a squad bereft of confidence it's no wonder he's not shone. Might be wishful thinking but I think a good pre-season in a rejuvenated squad and he could still be an asset.

Or we could go down in which case the whole debate is irrelevant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Albrighton is underwhelming West Brom. If he can’t stand out in Championship I’m not sure he’ll do much for us. I love the guy and was expecting him to be a big deal for the Baggies. He hasn’t been. 

They were actually booing him every time he got the ball at the weekend. Couple of times he put some cracking crosses into the box and he was still getting stick. I'd still have him back here. Even without the pace some other players have he's still got a pass or a through ball in him and he'd help Castagne out far more than Tete does

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, iancognito said:

They were actually booing him every time he got the ball at the weekend. Couple of times he put some cracking crosses into the box and he was still getting stick. I'd still have him back here. Even without the pace some other players have he's still got a pass or a through ball in him and he'd help Castagne out far more than Tete does

...I suppose being a Villain would not have endeared them to him, and needed to be exceptional to overcome this tribal perception!!!

lot of talent but he can't reach the pace of the league. that comes with experience but short term loan and our desperate position means he won't get it. I'd gamble if we stay up but honestly feels like he'll go back, sign for a different club and build into a decent lower half winger 

11 hours ago, brookfox said:

If we stay up and we had the opportunity to sign him for £17m I think I would. You'd pay that for a semi-decent Championship player these days and there's clearly a player in there. If you look at his circumstances; came from France to the PL (step up in terms of pace/physicality), with high expectations, into a club off-form and a squad bereft of confidence it's no wonder he's not shone. Might be wishful thinking but I think a good pre-season in a rejuvenated squad and he could still be an asset.

Or we could go down in which case the whole debate is irrelevant!

Really? You think?! 

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

There’s a top class player in there, but he’s come into a struggling team, having to adapt to the PL and gain confidence with his team mates, which hasn’t happened.

Apparently he’s the best player at the club by a country mile on the training by pitch, no one can touch him from what I’ve been told. He just can’t get into games. 

They used to say that about Willie  Thorne 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

lot of talent but he can't reach the pace of the league. that comes with experience but short term loan and our desperate position means he won't get it. I'd gamble if we stay up but honestly feels like he'll go back, sign for a different club and build into a decent lower half winger 

...he needs to change his approach to the game!!!

He picks up the ball, beats a man, then someone else closes him down and he has to beat him which takes him into contact with another player and have to beat him even though doing so is going to take him into a group of opposition players, a blind alley if you will. A give an go or a switch ball is what he needs to do, but he chose to beat the players around him and then falls on the floor when he inevitably loses the ball. he has bags of talent, he just hasn't got the mentality to bring it with him onto the pitch.

14 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Makes missing out on Lookman a big cock up. Outside of the villa game i've seen nothing that would be worth paying 17 mil for him. 

The search continues..

...the outlay for a right-sided player who was ineffective, was not worth the money!!!

As a backup to Barnes, it would have been a luxury buy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the outlay for a right-sided player who was ineffective, was not worth the money!!!

As a backup to Barnes, it would have been a luxury buy.

He got us goals and assist playing off the right hand side. Would have cost us 12 mil which in todays market is a steal. And hes young. Nothing luxury about it. He is just better than tete.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

He got us goals and assist playing off the right hand side. Would have cost us 12 mil which in todays market is a steal. And hes young. Nothing luxury about it. He is just better than tete.

...interesting take on this!!!

Last season (Leicester): 

RW -  Played 23         Goals  2      Assists 3

LW -  Played 15          Goals 5       Assists 0

S/S - Played 1            Goals 1       Assists 0

This Season (Atalanta): 

RW - Played 5      Goals 5           Assists 2

LW - Played 1       Goals 1           Assists 0

S/S- Played 20     Goals 9          Assists 3

16 hours ago, Pliskin said:

You meant Tete is the best player at the club? His old club and you mean this?

What about Maddison, Nacho, etc?

5 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Makes missing out on Lookman a big cock up. Outside of the villa game i've seen nothing that would be worth paying 17 mil for him. 

The search continues..

We didn’t miss Lookman. The club decided not to take up the option of buying him for a mere £12m. Even if we sell him instantly, he would have been worth doubled, being a proven EPL player with potential. He was also a low risk for us as he already played a season for us and we know he can make it. He is now doing very well back in Serie A. If we try to get him today, it would be north of £30m.

Edited by Tom12345

16 hours ago, Pliskin said:

that says more about our defenders than teté

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he needs to change his approach to the game!!!

He picks up the ball, beats a man, then someone else closes him down and he has to beat him which takes him into contact with another player and have to beat him even though doing so is going to take him into a group of opposition players, a blind alley if you will. A give an go or a switch ball is what he needs to do, but he chose to beat the players around him and then falls on the floor when he inevitably loses the ball. he has bags of talent, he just hasn't got the mentality to bring it with him onto the pitch.

This is not 'beating a man', it's trying and failing to beat a man, and it was noticeable in the Leeds game he'd pretty much stopped bothering to do even that. That's pretty terminal for a supposedly tricky winger. 

I think he's having the same thoughts about his ability to hack it in the Prem as most of us. I can't see his limiting himself to a Praet-lite diet of over-deliberate give and sort of goes is going to help much. Feels like he needs a game where he pulls off a couple of fancy Dan moves and then kicks on from there, but he's now too frit to try. We certainly don't have the luxury of wasting an on field position finding out. 

35 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

This is not 'beating a man', it's trying and failing to beat a man, and it was noticeable in the Leeds game he'd pretty much stopped bothering to do even that. That's pretty terminal for a supposedly tricky winger. 

I think he's having the same thoughts about his ability to hack it in the Prem as most of us. I can't see his limiting himself to a Praet-lite diet of over-deliberate give and sort of goes is going to help much. Feels like he needs a game where he pulls off a couple of fancy Dan moves and then kicks on from there, but he's now too frit to try. We certainly don't have the luxury of wasting an on field position finding out. 

Trouble is ,unless you are a Mahrez , if you pull off a fancy trick , the next time you try it you will be row Z. Barnes at least can muscle by players. Why are so many so called " wingers" so weak?