Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

55 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Our best and most effective wingers are our fullbacks

14 players since Mahrez have featured on our RW

We have one nonperforming and inconsistent winger, one poor loan winger and when fit six wing-backs of which four are decent

We also benefit from a back three

Another thinly veiled dig at our top scorer. At least you're consistent across here and twitter lol

Watching him the other night, there was very little in there that suggested good top flight player. Leeds doubled up on him fairly quick and that was it. 

At times, all he needed to do was a bit of give and go or even just pop it into space when he could see the pressure was coming but he'd just drag it into a few white shirts. 

Realistically - if you're getting a player on loan in January, you're not getting the first, second or even third best option.

On 26/04/2023 at 08:56, Pliskin said:

Bitterly disappointed how he has turned out. 

There’s a top class player in there, but he’s come into a struggling team, having to adapt to the PL and gain confidence with his team mates, which hasn’t happened.

Apparently he’s the best player at the club by a country mile on the training by pitch, no one can touch him from what I’ve been told. He just can’t get into games. 

We're heading into Juan Veron territory aren't we? Great in training games allegedly. 

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

should stop going down the route of signing underperforming wingers from European clubs.

Love the exotic on here don't they. Watch all the highly suspect YouTube clips , bombard you with bogus stats and would never entertain a Joe Smith from Wigan. 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2023 at 13:34, fox_up_north said:

Watching him the other night, there was very little in there that suggested good top flight player. Leeds doubled up on him fairly quick and that was it. 

At times, all he needed to do was a bit of give and go or even just pop it into space when he could see the pressure was coming but he'd just drag it into a few white shirts. 

Realistically - if you're getting a player on loan in January, you're not getting the first, second or even third best option.

Well we signed Mahrez,Drinkwater in January…loans can work out the same,as some around the league have shown…

I think Tete, hasn’t been so bad,just ok…His longer life by us

depends on this 6 game run in…

and future judging of potential..

So far he has to show some more..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

We've been rubbish for the whole time he's been here, the established players are all underperforming so really, I don't think I have any idea if he can cut it in the prem, as he's not had a premier league team to work with.  He hasn't saved our season, neither has Maddison, Barnes or Vards.

Imagine if we'd played well enough to create a bit of space for the lad to play with.  We could have seen a different player. 

• Like 2

On 27/04/2023 at 15:14, Daggers said:

The Flair Apology Summer Tour

Add your name to the list of houses that Flair is going to personally visit and spent at least 15 minutes begging for your forgiveness for his completely misleading and deranged belief that Bobby Titš was any way a half decent player.

1. Daggers

And Daka. Jury is out Ric …. 😂

People on here want players they can love or hate.  They really don't go for "not too bad" players. Tete is another one of those who could do quite well in Italy where they let you play. Over here they snap at your ankles sometimes before you even get the ball , you have to stand up physically to get anywhere and we haven't got the time for him to learn.

21 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

We've been rubbish for the whole time he's been here, the established players are all underperforming so really, I don't think I have any idea if he can cut it in the prem, as he's not had a premier league team to work with.  He hasn't saved our season, neither has Maddison, Barnes or Vards.

Imagine if we'd played well enough to create a bit of space for the lad to play with.  We could have seen a different player. 

That’s where some desperate frustrated fans come unstop…looking just for the miracle worker and judging them as such…

We haven’t yet had anybody who has stood up..and grabbed our season by the tail.

We could go down because the others got their act together,and we stayed still

So far..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

As underwhelming as he's been I still would have preferred to see Tetê brought on against Everton rather than playing Daka out of position. We've definitely improved under Smith but he certainly makes some odd decisions.

I think the problem with Tete has been he's looked completely disinterested in engaging with play at all. He won't take a man on.  It probably a confidence issue rather than than attitude but I certainly wouldn't be hanging my hat on him in a relegation fight if I was manager.

This is probably controversial but I think Praet could be given more game time. I saw him from the Gods V Man City and his positional sense and movement is a cut above of the rest, he's on a different page. I think I'd have gone for Praet rather than Daka. Having said that, Barnes was pretty anonymous at times and could have been hooked earlier.

It will be great when we get Ricky back as we'll have more options then. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think the problem with Tete has been he's looked completely disinterested in engaging with play at all. He won't take a man on.  It probably a confidence issue rather than than attitude but I certainly wouldn't be hanging my hat on him in a relegation fight if I was manager.

This is probably controversial but I think Praet could be given more game time. I saw him from the Gods V Man City and his positional sense and movement is a cut above of the rest, he's on a different page. I think I'd have gone for Praet rather than Daka. Having said that, Barnes was pretty anonymous at times and could have been hooked earlier.

It will be great when we get Ricky back as we'll have more options then. 

One of Tetê's better performances for us was when he came on against Bournemouth. Impact sub might be the role that gets the most out of him.

• Like 1

The more  I look at Tete the more I cant understand why he isnt a #10.  All his attributes would make sense in the middle.   He's not blessed with the pace to run past a man but he is very good on the ball and can pick a pass and has the ability to break into the box.  Im curious why he's not played there before (not for us, just in general) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

One of Tetê's better performances for us was when he came on against Bournemouth. Impact sub might be the role that gets the most out of him.

Without that debut we'd have thought we'd have signed a right ringer! There's definitely a player in there some where....

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The more  I look at Tete the more I cant understand why he isnt a #10.  All his attributes would make sense in the middle.   He's not blessed with the pace to run past a man but he is very good on the ball and can pick a pass and has the ability to break into the box.  Im curious why he's not played there before (not for us, just in general) 

Not a bad shout tbf