Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

On 28/04/2023 at 16:32, fuchsntf said:

Well we signed Mahrez,Drinkwater in January…loans can work out the same,as some around the league have shown…

I think Tete, hasn’t been so bad,just ok…His longer life by us

depends on this 6 game run in…

and future judging of potential..

So far he has to show some more..

I agree but a bit like VK he started well and seems to have got worse. He does try and put effort in but he just doesn’t seem to be up to speed physically or confidence wise. Compared to the same stage as where lookman was when he was playing he doesn’t look like we will be rushing to sign him up. I can understand why Daka is playing up there as he is more dynamic and threatening with his extra pace. Even if he doesn’t have the control and technical ability of tete. That said you never know it may still just click into place. 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The more  I look at Tete the more I cant understand why he isnt a #10.  All his attributes would make sense in the middle.   He's not blessed with the pace to run past a man but he is very good on the ball and can pick a pass and has the ability to break into the box.  Im curious why he's not played there before (not for us, just in general) 

We've had a few players like that, haven't we, especially on the right, that seemed to either play better centrally, or who always wanted to come in off the wing and play better when they did...?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Mee-9

Goes down in History along with Gabor Bori, Zsolt Lackzo, Harry Panayiotou, Joe Doodoo and Dany N'Guessan as players who had a blinding first game, but did absolute **** all after. 

Perez and Albrighton offered more. 

What on Earth were we thinking. 

This was a disaster and will be remembered as our Brazilian disaster class. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

Goes down in History along with Gabor Bori, Zsolt Lackzo, Harry Panayiotou, Joe Doodoo and Dany N'Guessan as players who had a blinding first game, but did absolute **** all after. 

Plus that bloke Puel signed and had a blinder in the FA Cup against Peterborough ( I think )

How many Mahrez "replacements" has there been now - Ghezzal, Under and now Tete?

How hard is it to sign a half decent left footed right winger?

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Plus that bloke Puel signed and had a blinder in the FA Cup against Peterborough ( I think )

Diabate! What a player. We all thought he would become the Mahrez replacement as well. 

Guest lcfc80

Bit of a contentious one for me, as I made a real effort to watch him after people started slagging him off as being 'shit'. And I thought he got a lot of unwarranted stick. Can't remember the game, could have been Wolves but he came on 2nd half and was playing right in front of the east stand so I had the perfect position to watch him. had fast feet, was getting to the ball before defenders. was continuously getting to the ball 1st to turn it round the corner to the midfielders whilst spinning off on a run, to either find whoever was in that inside role was either flat footed and didn't respond quick enough to get to the ball, or they simply passed it backwards to the right sided defender which well could have been amarty. Shame we never saw his full potential

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How many Mahrez "replacements" has there been now - Ghezzal, Under and now Tete?

How hard is it to sign a half decent left footed right winger?

Mahrez and half decent don’t go in the same sentence ……but we have struggled your right !

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I didn’t think he was that bad, better than Tete and wouldn’t of minded having him now were in the championship 

He's the sort of player you'd love to have in the Championship. A box of tricks.