Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

When he plays the quick one-twos, or links with Iheanacho/Castagne in a triangle, it really opens up the space. Castagne had the run in down the right flank a few times in the 2nd half, partly thanks to Tete getting the ball, running inside and passing to Iheanacho to drag Shaw out of position. 

I think he had 1 shot as well which could have been on target.

Think he was alright today.

• Like 3

Looks like he's playing within himself to me. Didn't take long for the embers of flair to be put out :D

As said above, he looks very neat and can shift the ball nicely. Just doesn't seem to want to get at the opposition as much as I'd expect

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

When he plays the quick one-twos, or links with Iheanacho/Castagne in a triangle, it really opens up the space. Castagne had the run in down the right flank a few times in the 2nd half, partly thanks to Tete getting the ball, running inside and passing to Iheanacho to drag Shaw out of position. 

I think he had 1 shot as well which could have been on target.

Think he was alright today.

Some of those triangles which opened up the space for Castagne were really good play. 

If only that was Ricardo instead of Castagne and we would of been in behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Dud. Thanks @Ric Flair

lol

Hahaha , think you might have mistakenly gone looking for the last piece of bog roll and ended up with your head up your Harris.

1st half he was pure sauce. This is nothing compared to what's about to come, you wait until muck like the Southampton or Bournemouth games.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Looks like he's playing within himself to me. Didn't take long for the embers of flair to be put out :D

As said above, he looks very neat and can shift the ball nicely. Just doesn't seem to want to get at the opposition as much as I'd expect

Probably instructions from BR

57 minutes ago, filbertway said:

1st half they couldn't deal with him, my only criticism would be why we can't engineer play down that side as freely as we can the left for 90 minutes, can only assume it take two to fcukin tango and right now he's the priority focus and that's why Barnes gets way more of the ball. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha , think you might have mistakenly gone looking for the last piece of bog roll and ended up with your head up your Harris.

1st half he was pure sauce. This is nothing compared to what's about to come, you wait until muck like the Southampton or Bournemouth games.

This is what I'm looking forwards to, I hope the leash comes off against these boys.

I think pure sauce is overdoing it, but I won't begrudge you backing your boy haha :D 

He was by far the best out of the front four today.

Madders and Kelechi were 5/10 at best with their second half performances being as bad as some of Barnes’ shocking performances only a couple of months ago.

Very curious what the instructions were to Tete today and against Spurs as he definitely played within himself more than at Villa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1st half they couldn't deal with him, my only criticism would be why we can't engineer play down that side as freely as we can the left for 90 minutes, can only assume it take two to fcukin tango and right now he's the priority focus and that's why Barnes gets way more of the ball. 

Is he supposed to have some pace about him or more of Mahrez type? There were about 4/5 incidences where we won the ball around half way and Tete and Kel had basiclally 40 yards of free space to run into but they were both jogging instead of looking to get in behind. 

It was so frustrating that today someone with pace would have been ideal. We actually made nowhere near as much from the positions we found ourselves in as we should have. Countless time we have opportunities for a 4 on 4 or 4 on 3 and slowed it down.

Edited by filbertway

Just now, filbertway said:

Is he supposed to have some pace about him or more of Mahrez type? There were about 4/5 incidences where we won the ball around half way and Tete and Kel had basiclally 40 yards of free space to run into but they were both jogging instead of looking to get in behind. 

It was so frustrating that today someone with pace would have been ideal. We actually made nowhere near as much from the positions we found ourselves in as we should have. Countless time we have opportunities for a 4 on 4 of 4 on 3 and slowed it down.

He's shit off a shovel

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He's shit off a shovel

Well that's annoying then lol

I can only assume it's either tactical or the players have forgotten how to counter attack. We only seemed to want to take advantage if we won the ball within 30 yards of their goal, otherwise it was a case of recycling the ball, despite the masses of space available.

27 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Stick Ricky P behind him and you're going to see some absolute filth 

This is a point.

Castagne has been absolute garbage this season, I thought he was brilliant when he first came but he’s a bit of a nothing player now. He’s a strong runner but at the moment that’s about all he gives. Either JJ or Riccy have to come back strongly, because we need something better in that right back position. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well that's annoying then lol

I can only assume it's either tactical or the players have forgotten how to counter attack. We only seemed to want to take advantage if we won the ball within 30 yards of their goal, otherwise it was a case of recycling the ball, despite the masses of space available.

I think the difference between the 1st 30 and the rest of the game was some sort of voodoo shit. Those 1st 30 Tete and Castagne were pulling pissers and then bang, we were muck flap.

I don't know what becomes of the class of 2022/23 but the talent is there.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the difference between the 1st 30 and the rest of the game was some sort of voodoo shit. Those 1st 30 Tete and Castagne were pulling pissers and then bang, we were muck flap.

I don't know what becomes of the class of 2022/23 but the talent is there.

I think Ten Haag tweeked things and nullified us a fair bit.

He's a top manager and proved it today VAR, corrupt officials or not

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

Clever plot this, just do enough to keep us up, note special, sign him up on a decent contract and bobs your uncle. Seriously though could be the difference in keeping us mid table. 

He had 2-3 take-ons today first half, got robbed and slipped. Maybe that knocked his confidence because he looked like could twist Shaw inside out at will. We better get used to these inconsistent performances from him though.

• Like 1