Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

50 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m going to stick up for him here. 

He is a very good player and clearly has a lot of ability. However, he simply came to the wrong team at the wrong time. 

He’s been in limbo for a few years due to his parent clubs situation, so it can’t have been easy for him bouncing around on loan. 

He came to a club that was in free fall, the manager wanted away, loads of players uncertain of their contractual situation, and an ownership that sat in silence as the ship sunk. It’s hardly a player to flourish, he was expected to learn English, learn the league and adapt to life in England. 

It was an impossible situation for him, I feel sorry for him having to experience this shit show.

In seriousness, I do actually agree with this.

• Like 2

I feel a bit sorry for him. 

Tried everything to settle in, tried learning the language, unlike Soumare and he’s been here for two years. 

Had such a positive start as well. Our position didn’t help at all. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’m going to stick up for him here. 

He is a very good player and clearly has a lot of ability. However, he simply came to the wrong team at the wrong time. 

He’s been in limbo for a few years due to his parent clubs situation, so it can’t have been easy for him bouncing around on loan. 

He came to a club that was in free fall, the manager wanted away, loads of players uncertain of their contractual situation, and an ownership that sat in silence as the ship sunk. It’s hardly a player to flourish, he was expected to learn English, learn the league and adapt to life in England. 

It was an impossible situation for him, I feel sorry for him having to experience this shit show.

It certainly wasn’t an impossible situation for him at all. After the Spurs game we were looking a lot more comfortable in the table.
He had a few months to knuckle down, show people what he can do and get a really good move to somewhere in the summer and a nice big contract. 

Instead he looked completely out of his depth and contributed nothing. 

Edited by Viva
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Viva said:

It certainly wasn’t an impossible situation for him at all. After the Spurs game we were looking a lot more comfortable in the table.
He had a few months to knuckle down, show people what he can do and get a really good move to somewhere in the summer and a nice big contract. 

Instead he looked completely out of his depth and contributed nothing. 

It really was…… now more articles are being written highlighting the issues That we’re going on in the club. 

Try to put yourself into his shoes for a moment….. his future is uncertain in itself, he has come to a club in complete disarray, signed by a manager who probably doesn’t even want him, and a side that was on the turn of sinking. 

If you can’t apply all of that to this situation and understand why he didn’t perform, then you clearly don’t have any empathy at all. 

Tete will come good elsewhere where players can actually flourish. 

Tbh after his outstanding debut, Tete looked ok technique wise but well off the Premier League pace requirement and not strong enough mentally or physically to cope. He quickly developed the habit of rolling the ball back to a defender rather than progress forward. He didn’t appear to have much in the way of confidence to try a shimmy or a dribble. A couple of times he was also victim of Rodgers’ bizarre substitutions. Just as he seemed to be finding his feet in a game (Brentford away for example) he’d get hooked. That being said, his performances were ultimately a backward step from the hard working and unfairly criticised (playing out of position) Perez. Even Albrighton, going past his prime would’ve done more and certainly inspired his teammates more than Tete ever did from January. Very poor business by the club tbh:dunno:

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

...he also performed the same at Lyon, his quality at Shaktar was also not matched there!!!

A previous poster has suggested that he should look at playing the #10 role, as a winger I believe he should be releasing the ball quicker and using his movement to challenge defences. It was this style of play that made him stand out and so effective.

5 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Goes down in History along with Gabor Bori, Zsolt Lackzo, Harry Panayiotou, Joe Doodoo and Dany N'Guessan as players who had a blinding first game, but did absolute **** all after. 

Danny N’Guessan now that’s a blast to the good old days 

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

If you can’t apply all of that to this situation and understand why he didn’t perform, then you clearly don’t have any empathy at all. 

I don't often read the word "empathy" used with regard to players on these threads. Yet it's the most appropriate word at this time with regard to the majority of players in the squad.

Tetê found himself entering a s**tshow of a situation where Rodgers was at loggerheads with individuals, who, for one reason or another, wouldn't or couldn't satisfy requirements for the renovation of the squad.

A fresh player in such a destabilised situation isn't going to get much of an opportunity to bed in - he can turn out to be the salvation of the team or be handed a few games until the manager decides he's not going to be the miracle worker everyone expected (or hoped for). The idea that, because he is Brazilian, he was going to be Ronaldinho, shows how naive most fans are.

He was desperately unlucky to arrive at City's dead-end season. If Gray, now a regular with the team that scrambled to safety above us, couldn't impress after season upon season, then what chance was there for Teté?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It really was…… now more articles are being written highlighting the issues That we’re going on in the club. 

Try to put yourself into his shoes for a moment….. his future is uncertain in itself, he has come to a club in complete disarray, signed by a manager who probably doesn’t even want him, and a side that was on the turn of sinking. 

Rodgers was talking him right up after the Villa game. Basically saying he’s been what we have been missing for ages. 

He had the position nailed down then and could have easily helped take us to mid table if he had kept up that Villa form. 

I can’t see him being a great success anywhere at the top level. 

I also think he’s probably been the most disappointing signing I can ever think of for us. If he had put in maybe one more performance like that Villa game, we would have stayed up. 

Edited by Viva

7 minutes ago, Viva said:

Rodgers was talking him right up after the Villa game. Basically saying he’s been what we have been missing for ages. 

He had the position nailed down then and could have easily helped take us to mid table if he had kept up that Villa form. 

I can’t see him being a great success anywhere at the top level. 

I get About the same feeling for the rest of the squad…

Having a go at Tete and trying to analyse his character ,style of play,physical attributes,is a load of bollux…

(Mahrez is still small but lives & looks well at Man.city) His type of player was always going to struggle in such an outfit as ours….

Any analtstic point of view is a waste…he had around him one heep of a failing group of players..

Souttar,Kristiansen and Tete found themselves dumped into a mentally poor group

of players…FFs we were hardly ever on the frontfoot,that Tete had to deliver on a click of a cross-wired switch…

Smith didn’t utilise Souttar well or enough…Kristiansen let down more by clubs more experienced players at the back…

Barnes failure to aspire to what we really wanted to consistently see, was…..

Chilwell,Thomas,Castagna,Kristiansen or better said Barnes was their reason !!

• Thanks 1