Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

52 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I get About the same feeling for the rest of the squad…

Having a go at Tete and trying to analyse his character ,style of play,physical attributes,is a load of bollux…

(Mahrez is still small but lives & looks well at Man.city) His type of player was always going to struggle in such an outfit as ours….

Any analtstic point of view is a waste…he had around him one heep of a failing group of players..

Souttar,Kristiansen and Tete found themselves dumped into a mentally poor group

of players…FFs we were hardly ever on the frontfoot,that Tete had to deliver on a click of a cross-wired switch…

Smith didn’t utilise Souttar well or enough…Kristiansen let down more by clubs more experienced players at the back…

Barnes failure to aspire to what we really wanted to consistently see, was…..

Chilwell,Thomas,Castagna,Kristiansen or better said Barnes was their reason !!

It’s a thread about Tete. There are plenty of other threads about other players. That’s why I’m talking about how bad Tete has been here! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I get About the same feeling for the rest of the squad…

Having a go at Tete and trying to analyse his character ,style of play,physical attributes,is a load of bollux…

(Mahrez is still small but lives & looks well at Man.city) His type of player was always going to struggle in such an outfit as ours….

Any analtstic point of view is a waste…he had around him one heep of a failing group of players..

Souttar,Kristiansen and Tete found themselves dumped into a mentally poor group

of players…FFs we were hardly ever on the frontfoot,that Tete had to deliver on a click of a cross-wired switch…

Smith didn’t utilise Souttar well or enough…Kristiansen let down more by clubs more experienced players at the back…

Barnes failure to aspire to what we really wanted to consistently see, was…..

Chilwell,Thomas,Castagna,Kristiansen or better said Barnes was their reason !!

Too many variables to juggle around analysing why it's come to this disaster. These are only symptoms of a deeper disease - loss of confidence in oneself, in teammates and, especially, in a manager who was far more interested in himself than showing 100% commitment to his players.

The mistakes begin to creep in because the game in England is played at such speed and physicality that, if timing is out by a millisecond then passes go astray, players get left for dead and decision making turns into bewilderment.

This team has now to be rebuilt, based on those who are young enough and adaptable enough to form the core of a fresh team.

But we will desperately need a playmaker. Maddison, in my humble view, is the best technical English midfielder. Having him in the team and going down is difficult to take. If we find anyone 70% of his ability we'll be fortunate.

Edited by gerblod
Weeding out those damn stray words
  • Like 1

Bit of an irrelevant thread now. We know he's not going to sign surely. 

Loan didn't work out. Personally think he'll go on to have a good career still in Europe's top five leagues. I'm not convincing myself he's world class and we're missing out but I also think judging him on a few months of Rodgersball is a bit harsh. 

Cracking debut and fell off a cliff shortly after. Given the same can be said for a lot of our signings from Daka to Kristiansen and Faes, think it's fair to say Rodgers wasn't exactly cultivating an ideal environment for new players. 

• Like 3

Given that Villa put up one of the worse defensive displays of the season , he must have thought the PL was easy. However in the PL they will normally target a player immediately they try any flair bullshit and down you go son. Mahrez gets away with it because he is a snake charmer but most successful wide men need power and pace . Even moneybags Sancho has had a rude awakening. We can now at last put the Mahrez obsession to bed and move on.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Wish him all the best. There’s a good player in their but like all wingers consistency is the issue  

...he performed just as poorly for Lyon, they were not struggling or scrapping to beat relegation!!!

He started off, fairly well and was economical with the ball, moving it quickly and being aware of where the other players were. Just as effective in the next game at Tottenham and moved the ball swiftly and moved to make himself available. Then it all slowly turned to meh. Holding on to the ball, going down the line and being weak when contesting the ball. All these things were so coachable and a few sessions should have improved his decision-making, but it never got better.

Much like Ghezzal who was technically spot on, but seemed to lack the heart in games and never seemed fired up to compete. Maybe, they felt out of their depth in this league, or too much was being asked of them to play in a certain way.

I still believe we should pick up Tete, but the price of £22m is too steep and Shaktar will have to look to drop his price as his contract ends at the end of this year. With an option to buy, we need to be looking at around the £10m mark

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Tete is unbothered. 

IMG_9699.jpeg

I don't blame him. 

He's the least of the problems at the club. Hope he enjoys his summer and good luck to him wherever he goes. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Tete is unbothered. 

IMG_9699.jpeg

Why would he be bothered? Has no allegiance to Leicester, England, the UK or the whole continent of Europe for that matter, leave the poor bloke alone, he wasn't the only one who was shite for large parts of the season.

• Like 3

Didn’t get a proper chance in my opinion.

Sure, other than his first game he didn’t set the world alight and was poor against Southampton and Bournemouth.

But he looked promising when coming on and never got another look in once he was taken out.

• Like 3

Needed a preseason and longer time to adjust. Looked promising against Villa but was quickly worked out as all you had to do was box him down and he would go nowhere. Noticed in some of the training vids he clearly didn't understand what was being asked. The 1st Shakey one where he said 1 touch (2 maximum), the video then shows Tete dribbling towards goal taking loads of touches. 

In retrospect, a complacent mid season loan signing. 

Guest Mee-9

Wasn't even our player really was he. 

You'd have got a better Brazilian from a wax clinic on Gallowtree Gate. 

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Doubt we will see him again, never really got a proper look.. I'm sure we will look elsewhere

We should have singed Lookman at the start of the season

...we have to start admitting that Lookman on the right was a poor product!!!

On the left, he was an asset to the team but Barnes holds that position, and we did not have the money for an understudy.

26 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Why would he be bothered? Has no allegiance to Leicester, England, the UK or the whole continent of Europe for that matter, leave the poor bloke alone, he wasn't the only one who was shite for large parts of the season.

It’s a thread about Tete, all I did was post his IG update, and say he was unbothered. Also, he’s hardly poor. And nearly the entire squad was shite for large parts of the season.  All he did was follow their lead. I don’t blame him for that. 

3 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

It’s a thread about Tete, all I did was post his IG update, and say he was unbothered. Also, he’s hardly poor. And nearly the entire squad was shite for large parts of the season.  All he did was follow their lead. I don’t blame him for that. 

...that is two loans that he has failed to make an impact on, and persuaded the club that has paid for the loan to look to take him on, he should be worried!!!

Whether it was a communication problem or an acceptance (by himself) that he was not at the level required to convince a club of his worth, he should be evaluating all that he has experienced at Lyon and here to figure out why it has not worked in both cases.

Apparently, a video of Shakey asking him to play one or two-touch football,(I was not aware that the video existed) only goes to show that he holds on to the ball a lot longer than he should or needs to. I have suggested that is how he should be playing (in previous posts) it is quite clear that he ends up in blind alleys if he does not look to move the ball a lot quicker.