Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

As was Castagne, Kalechi, Praet and Barnes. 

He’s a quality player who’s three games deep with a struggling team and has played some of the best sides in England. Once he settles he will start to shine. 

At the movement were awful in general, so what do people genuinely expect from him? 

Fair points. Except they weren't worse. They were miles better 

• Like 1

Kells was worse given how much of the ball he had. Too much dilly dallying and the getting swarmed by 5 arses before he loses the ball. Just needs to move it faster. Maybe missing madders to work that magic quicker. Just around painful to watch we are when we don’t click.

7 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Got absolutely zero competition for his place like Barnes in this current system. We've got no other wide players!

Pretty simple solution then...3-5-2 and utilise the attacking abilities of our full backs.

Also gives Iheanacho some support, which, through no fault of his own, he was crying out for today.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Games against the big sides come the end of the season ultimately won't matter, it's beating the dross around us that will and he'll hopefully help us with that

Don't forget , the learned opinion on here is that we are also dross. Every game will be tough, very tough.

Can’t blame an attacking player when the team were set up to not attack at all. 

Don’t think he’ll be extending his stay here past the summer. Our other top players dont so why would this lad want to waste time playing anti football?

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Pretty simple solution then...3-5-2 and utilise the attacking abilities of our full backs.

Also gives Iheanacho some support, which, through no fault of his own, he was crying out for today.

Hopefully Evans coming back will help with that. Not sure I'd be massively hopeful with Amartey in that 3

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Games against the big sides come the end of the season ultimately won't matter, it's beating the dross around us that will and he'll hopefully help us with that

Sadly that's how far we have fallen off the cliff isn't it. That we just need to beat the dross.

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Jesus christ. Not more of this.

Getting praised for literally being living matter on the pitch haha

Im holding off any opinion till the next 3. Big @Ric Flair said Tete will shine against the these teams were about to play so this is when we will get a good idea of what this guy is about.

Hard to judge your wingers too much when the manager sets up like a Gary Megson wet dream.

I must admit I still expected more from him in these last 3 games against the perceived best sides. He was lively in the opening half an hour at Old Trafford but his 2 home games we've barely got the ball out to him.

He has to take some responsibility for that but there were several occasions 1st half that Iheanacho and Praet pratted about on the ball when we had them on the counter and didn't find him in space, that's not his fault and frustrating as it was one of the only ways we were going to get in at Arsenal as we don't have much physicality in attacking crosses nor did we have Maddison who could help us open them up.

I'd expect Tuesday and Saturday to see what he's all about but then again I'm concerned the Villa and Spurs games could have been a brief new player bounce and we are back to being bang in trouble.

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Was he?

Harvey put that lovely teasing cross in that just eluded Tete at the far post.

Splitting heirs maybe, but at least Harvey created a chance.

Yes he was. 

Constantly out of position and behind the play. Refused to run at all. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I must admit I still expected more from him in these last 3 games against the perceived best sides. He was lively in the opening half an hour at Old Trafford but his 2 home games we've barely got the ball out to him.

He has to take some responsibility for that but there were several occasions 1st half that Iheanacho and Praet pratted about on the ball when we had them on the counter and didn't find him in space, that's not his fault and frustrating as it was one of the only ways we were going to get in at Arsenal as we don't have much physicality in attacking crosses nor did we have Maddison who could help us open them up.

I'd expect Tuesday and Saturday to see what he's all about but then again I'm concerned the Villa and Spurs games could have been a brief new player bounce and we are back to being bang in trouble.

There was one occasion when we had a really promising break and he was far too close to Kel and for some reason I can't fathom didn't make a run to try and split the defence or drag a defender away.  It was very odd.  

But that was just a dire game on every level and I'm not reading too much into him from that.

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Can’t blame an attacking player when the team were set up to not attack at all. 

Don’t think he’ll be extending his stay here past the summer. Our other top players dont so why would this lad want to waste time playing anti football?

He had chances to do stuff at times today, first half and done Jack! Gave the ball away, and not strong enough in the tackle when being tackled, and as i said earlier, there is no way he is going to make a tackle on an opposing player. I don't think he does physical!! I've not completely given up on him yet, but so far I just aint seeing it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Hopefully I'm wrong (and usually I am) but I can see this ending up like the Ünder loan. Slowly given less and less playing time before completely disappearing altogether.

Some of us have the same feeling. Hope we're wrong and Ric Flair is right.

• Like 1

Tete was very poor today if we are being honest. Out paced, half hearted challenges for 50/50’s and his tracking back is worse than Mahrez’s. He also had little clue where to position himself and had Iheanacho continually shouting at him to get into position. It’s early days and he has shown enough to suggest he could be a great acquisition but he definitely needs to improve on today’s showing.