Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I must admit I still expected more from him in these last 3 games against the perceived best sides. He was lively in the opening half an hour at Old Trafford but his 2 home games we've barely got the ball out to him.

He has to take some responsibility for that but there were several occasions 1st half that Iheanacho and Praet pratted about on the ball when we had them on the counter and didn't find him in space, that's not his fault and frustrating as it was one of the only ways we were going to get in at Arsenal as we don't have much physicality in attacking crosses nor did we have Maddison who could help us open them up.

I'd expect Tuesday and Saturday to see what he's all about but then again I'm concerned the Villa and Spurs games could have been a brief new player bounce and we are back to being bang in trouble.

Maybe Castagne is a problem for Tete?Partnerships on the pitch are very important (15/16 season being the best example). 

He makes some ok runs from fullback and creates space but I imagine Tete would prefer a fullback he can link up with and play one two’s. 

1 minute ago, Weller Wing said:

The way we played today, we now ARE the dross.

Can't imagine Leeds (for example) being that shit against a team that weren't at their best.

Similar game to Man Utd at home,  where we barely laid a glove on them 

Leeds, Everton, West Ham their fans would have laid hell into their team if they had played like we did today. 

Part of me thinks we’ll be ok (if Maddison can stay fit!) part of me thinks we’re sleep walking into the relegation zone.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

As was Castagne, Kalechi, Praet and Barnes. 

He’s a quality player who’s three games deep with a struggling team and has played some of the best sides in England. Once he settles he will start to shine. 

At the movement were awful in general, so what do people genuinely expect from him? 

The same as we are getting out of our other new signing from abroad Kristensen.  I do think he will settle, given time, but he isn't setting the world on fire yet.

Let’s give him a chance before he gets written off. Great debut and then Spurs, United and Arsenal to follow. Not the easiest run! Him and Barnes were very narrow first half to clog up the middle to try and stop them getting through the centre. Hopefully he has the impact next week and hopefully we have more of the ball and actually some efforts on goal!

11 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He needs a) an overlapping full back like VK does with Barnes and b) players who will pass him the ball. We were crying out for a RW for 2 seasons and when we get one we continue to overuse Barnes.

True, nobody seems to want to pass to Tete.

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We are the dross btw

Yes but we have to be not as bad a dross as the other dross! How far we have fallen, and when you see how crap our u21s and u18s are doing, it makes you wonder what the hells going on!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dames said:

Can’t blame an attacking player when the team were set up to not attack at all. 

Don’t think he’ll be extending his stay here past the summer. Our other top players dont so why would this lad want to waste time playing anti football?

If a player is mustard you just know, doesn’t matter who against. Little touches and runs and passes. Sadly, at the minute he’s not showing that. Sometimes it takes time though, that’s fine..: especially under the negative c*** that is Rodgers.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If a player is mustard you just know, doesn’t matter who against. Little touches and runs and passes. Sadly, at the minute he’s not showing that. Sometimes it takes time though, that’s fine..: especially under the negative c*** that is Rodgers.

Spot on

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Helps if the rest of the team have the ability to pass the ball and not shit themselves when the ball comes near themlol lol

Helps if the player has pace, or trickery, or well anything. Barnes looked better and he’s been bobbins. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You're still on the fence with Rodgers then. lol

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I agree. But time, nah. I can tell already. I've seen what I need to see. At best, absolute best, this lad will be average. His movement, swagger and all round game aren't there. He's not failing or messing it up, he isn't even allowing himself the opportunity to mess things up..

I'm afraid to say the lad looks out his depth. He was anonymous v spurs (benefit of doubt given that he was stretching pitch) , anonymous v Man U after 25 mins and non existent today. I'm truly shocked how poor he was.