Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

2 hours ago, turlo said:

he was onside if they drew the lines against the shoulder of the spurs defender on the far side

You can’t be sure he was onside. The angle isn’t straight on so just because Davies shoulder is crossing the line on that image doesn’t mean to say he’s playing him on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ricey said:

You can’t be sure he was onside. The angle isn’t straight on so just because Davies shoulder is crossing the line on that image doesn’t mean to say he’s playing him on.

You cant say he was offside either from that picture, and as the goal had been given, the goal should have stood. Wasnt it a similar thing with Brennan Johnsons goal agaist us for Notts Forest, where they didnt have a straight on angle, but the pic made him look marginally on from the angle they had, and so they gave him the benefit despite the linesman flagging for offside.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just watched the highlights. Class. 

Quick back to front attacking. Rodgers must be puking his guts up tonight having to have witnessed that

Well played lads!

Loss/players look horrible = Rodgers fault

Win/players look great = Nothing to do with Rodgers

Is that the world you live in?  Just checking before I write you off as ignorant 

Edited by marbles
  • Like 4

Guest Col city fan
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Why do you say stuff like this?

You’re on a bit of a crusade tonight mate.

You won’t change em, don’t frustrate yourself.

33 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

You cant say he was offside either from that picture, and as the goal had been given, the goal should have stood. Wasnt it a similar thing with Brennan Johnsons goal agaist us for Notts Forest, where they didnt have a straight on angle, but the pic made him look marginally on from the angle they had, and so they gave him the benefit despite the linesman flagging for offside.

The angle is irrelevant for the lines, they aren’t drawn by eye.

There is also no benefit of the doubt. The VAR pin points what he deems as the most advanced points of the attacker and the last man, then the tech works out the rest. If it’s tight the is no rule to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker. It’s either on or off.

He would have tried Davies and Dier as the last man as well, which is why it took so long.

The question really is whether it’s been worked out from the right part of of the shoulder.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 1

Anyway, enough VAR.

Today was perfection. First home match I’ve enjoyed for a very very long time.

Kristiansen and Souttar have given us so much more aggression and drive. Tete was quiet but he was being doubled up on at all times, which helped others around him.

• Like 4

Just now, Ricey said:

Anyway, enough VAR.

Today was perfection. First home match I’ve enjoyed for a very very long time.

Kristiansen and Souttar have given us so much more aggression and drive. Tete was quiet but he was being doubled up on at all times, which helped others around him.

I reckon a late charge to the last Euro spot is on… :ph34r:

A lot better today, and good to see attack as the best form of defence rather than parking the bus.

Great to win from behind, not least because I had a few quid on that at 14/1 and also a Nacho goal and assist at 20/1 both with Ladbrokes.

I would have Kristiansen as my MOTM. His clearance off the line when we were 2:1 up was critical, as was his defending and bombing forward on the attack. Could make the case for Nacho, Mendy, Faes or Maddisson too.

Good subs too and game management.

Some things to work on though. Near own goal by Castagne, some sloppy passes giving the ball to Spurs in dangerous areas. Tete was quiet, heavily marked but clearly not good in the air. He needs ball to feet. 

Great to have six points this month, I did fear that we would get none. Looking forward to Arsenal now, I think we are playing them at the right time for our form and theirs.

Edited by foxinsox

Mendy and Ihenacho making the difference. What worries me most is that they’ve always produced top performances when given a run , but it doesn’t stop Rodgers dropping them as soon he gets a chance ! Mendy is better than Ndidi and Soumare , and Kels is our best striker. Leave well alone !

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Kind words Col. I just don't understand how people can be that way.

Surely, by now, you’ve had enough experience of such behaviour. We’ve both lived long enough now to realise that certain things make no sense and certain people less. 

• Like 1

Scintilating. I knew this team had it in them. Keep this system, keep this team and keep making signings as good as the last couple of weeks and this club can fly again.

Iheanacho man. Better late than never but how the hell were we not using this bloke? He's quality.