Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

Watched it ‘as live’ just now. **** me that was unreal. Was expecting a trouncing when we went 1-0 up. All that and Tete had an off game.  If he and Barnes can alternate form then we won’t lose a game for the remainder of the season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Another spec-savers candidate…

Hey off from the norm…

How are you going,early retirement etc..

I'm OK thank you for asking. Much appreciated.

I miss the job immensely. But I did my bit in my 36 years as a paramedic. I wish it was better now for those following in my footsteps.

Stay well, pal. :thumbup:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'm OK thank you for asking. Much appreciated.

I miss the job immensely. But I did my bit in my 36 years as a paramedic. I wish it was better now for those following in my footsteps.

Stay well, pal. :thumbup:

Have you kept your hand in, or close to old job…

Or retired completely,no further interest,no regrets.??

7 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I would have Kristiansen as my MOTM. His clearance off the line when we were 2:1 up was critical, as was his defending and bombing forward on the attack. Could make the case for Nacho, Mendy, Faes or Maddisson too.

I agree with him being Man of the Match, or close to. I think we’ll be getting used to saying that most weeks, his style of play is quite something after being used to a very out of form Luke Thomas. However, think the one off the line was at 0-0, the resulting corner he was caught flat footed for the goal.

9 hours ago, Ricey said:

You can’t be sure he was onside. The angle isn’t straight on so just because Davies shoulder is crossing the line on that image doesn’t mean to say he’s playing him on.

It’s actually scary how few people seem to understand perspective.

The line IS drawn from his shoulder, draw a vertical line from shoulder to foot level, and that gives you where to draw the line. People seem to think you draw lines 6ft in the air.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I think the difference today was we didn’t stuff around playing the ball across the park and backwards , we went at spurs and gee we looked good , thought we ignored TETE a bit today and played more towards Barnes. Mendy was great 

Think going to Barnes to roast new boy Porro was part of the plan, and did you notice Tete and Barnes seemed to swap side briefly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

I agree with him being Man of the Match, or close to. I think we’ll be getting used to saying that most weeks, his style of play is quite something after being used to a very out of form Luke Thomas. However, think the one off the line was at 0-0, the resulting corner he was caught flat footed for the goal.

Yes, you are right. It was at nil nil, but he did some great defending at other times too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think going to Barnes to roast new boy Porro was part of the plan, and did you notice Tete and Barnes seemed to swap side briefly?

It helps that for the first time in a while we don't HAVE to use barnes out wide so it's harder to keep him locked down. Plus iheanacho is the perfect forward for wingers, dropping deeper to receive the ball allowing them to roam inside and he's very unselfish for a striker really. We have really good balance going forward for the first time in a long while. Its great to see. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why do you say stuff like this?

I can see why people's perception are this way, I mean (and yes, I am going to go back to it) his reaction to the West Brom game and performance, not to mention his obsession with control that often comes across as obsession with possession for possession sake.

However, none of that matters yesterday a jot based solely on yesterday, it was all encouraging and positive and I give credit where its due, people (myself) often are critical of his demeanor on the touchline, make jokes of his notepad, the silly tepid clap, but yesterday he seemed to encourage and be positive, driving them, instructed them up the field, firing them up, engaging and communicating.

Having 2 hard working, tackling and running central midfielders for the first time in years playing together is where we closed the opposition out. 

That and Rodgers finally realising playing Madders as a  No 10 rather than sticking him out wide is not only where he can do the most damage but helps bring out the best in others like Nacho and Barnes.

This should be a blueprint for the rest of the season and hopefully Madders will be happy to stay when he sees he's being used properly. 

Also nice to see Rico on a pitch again. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

This is what we want to see. The new signings seem to have perked up the whole team. Please Brendan, stick with the exciting attacking football 🙏

Strange… He’s got what he AND the fans have been asking for.

Rodgers is not the enemy…

Now it’s proven,the squad stars returning,and refreshment in new players..

He has something to coach,where commitment and Frontfoot football is in the players minds…

Has much as we have had the right to lambast & criticise him,we should also take note, his worries were founded & proved right..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting that he digs out Ward a bit about halfway through, saying he kept kicking it long when we were 4-1 up, which wasn't necessary.

Just about sums Brendan Rodgers up.   My mate in the West Stand saw him going nuts when Ward was kicking it long.

I mean, you never want to try the occasional direct ball forwards do you?  (especially when your forward seems to be winning a few headers).

Far better to always slowly play the ball sidewards and backwards, and try to bore everyone to death?  (including your own fans).

I seriously believe that whenever we play fast exciting positive football ... it's despite the manager, and not because of him,

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

Just about sums Brendan Rodgers up.   My mate in the West Stand saw him going nuts when Ward was kicking it long.

I mean, you never want to try the occasional direct ball forwards do you?  (especially when your forward seems to be winning a few headers).

Far better to always slowly play the ball sidewards and backwards, and try to bore everyone to death?  (including your own fans).

I seriously believe that whenever we play fast exciting positive football ... it's despite the manager, and not because of him,

Sorry hard disagree with you there. Playing long is fine and he even says as much. But always playing long means you turn possession over easily multiple times. His point is that when you’re on top of the game, you want to keep the ball and not let the opponents back in. We did turnover the ball a lot from goal kicks yesterday. 

For years under both Puel and Rodgers we’ve seen too much sideways football, but there hasn’t been much of it in the last two games and despite being 3-1 up at halftime, we did not sit back and play side to side in the second half. 

We all expect a new keeper in the summer and I expect someone who is good with their feet and has great distribution. That’s a new must in modern football and a reason why keepers like Ederson, Alison and David Raya even are highly sort after. 

• Like 2