Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

It’s actually scary how few people seem to understand perspective.

The line IS drawn from his shoulder, draw a vertical line from shoulder to foot level, and that gives you where to draw the line. People seem to think you draw lines 6ft in the air.

I sometimes have to check myself on things like this, as the amount of people that get enraged because they can’t seem to be able to understand perspective and angles is staggering. As is the amount of people that get angry that the camera angle isn’t straight on and then claiming that means the lines are wrong, when it’s the tech that works out the angle of the lines based on the pitch dimensions.

Don't get me wrong , I hate VAR, but so many people seem to totally misunderstand it.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Just about sums Brendan Rodgers up.   My mate in the West Stand saw him going nuts when Ward was kicking it long.

I mean, you never want to try the occasional direct ball forwards do you?  (especially when your forward seems to be winning a few headers).

Far better to always slowly play the ball sidewards and backwards, and try to bore everyone to death?  (including your own fans).

I seriously believe that whenever we play fast exciting positive football ... it's despite the manager, and not because of him,

People have different perspectives- at 3-1 ahead I thought we should be trying to keep the ball rather than punting it long for a 50/50 at best header.  Spurs did a fair job at pressing high but their midfield and wing backs were poor at backing that up so there were spaces to play through that press. It seemed like the first time ward did it and ward played it too softly to Castagne (which put him under pressure and resulted in a chance for them) skewed his confidence for the rest of the game.  Castagne was free a lot second half and could have played it on to tete or inside to papy -  ward opted to punt it to kel who, even if he did get first contact simply headed it to one of their three CB’s.  I could have understood more if he had chosen every time to punt wide to tete or Barnes where there was a decent chance we would end up with a throw (or them which is less risky) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Just about sums Brendan Rodgers up.   My mate in the West Stand saw him going nuts when Ward was kicking it long.

I mean, you never want to try the occasional direct ball forwards do you?  (especially when your forward seems to be winning a few headers).

Far better to always slowly play the ball sidewards and backwards, and try to bore everyone to death?  (including your own fans).

I seriously believe that whenever we play fast exciting positive football ... it's despite the manager, and not because of him,

Not for me, as Wards long kick resulted in an instant or quick turnaround. That game wasn’t boring and the last two games suggest (we can all hope so) that we are looking to be more attacking.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I guess the positive interviews he gave after the game will do nothing to shake your belief. Or that to believe this really makes very little sense, when you think about it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Because of your negative perspective,not everybodies…
He seen something wrong and commented on it…

Sometime Rodgers hate goes really too far..!!

Its him who has got the team in this attacking modus,not the twats on the sidelines

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

However, none of that matters yesterday a jot based solely on yesterday, it was all encouraging and positive and I give credit where its due, people (myself) often are critical of his demeanor on the touchline, make jokes of his notepad, the silly tepid clap, but yesterday he seemed to encourage and be positive, driving them, instructed them up the field, firing them up, engaging and communicating.

And these are the salient points - the rest is just finding fault for the sake of it (by some, not by all).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ricey said:

You can’t be sure he was onside. The angle isn’t straight on so just because Davies shoulder is crossing the line on that image doesn’t mean to say he’s playing him on.

In the same argument though you can't be sure he was offside either and that's the problem with VAR. There's still an element of human inaccuracy. Is the "t-shirt" line still a thing, because if it is, then when is the line drawn from Dier's shoulder and not from the end of short sleeve? That makes Barnes completely level. Also using the line on the pitch, although the angle isn't straight, still means that if your draw the line from Davies, then Barnes is onside.

Looks like VAR had a shocker all round after catching up with motd though and ultimately it made absolutely no difference to our result, so can't complain too much, but if that's at 0-1 or 1-1, then there would have been much more made of it as there was in the Arsenal v Brentford game and the West Ham v Chelsea game. 

I still don't understand why they can't go back to the "clear day light" rule, even when using VAR. If the lines are touching, if it's that close, if there is no "clear and obvious" error, stick with the on field decision 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I sometimes have to check myself on things like this, as the amount of people that get enraged because they can’t seem to be able to understand perspective and angles is staggering. As is the amount of people that get angry that the camera angle isn’t straight on and then claiming that means the lines are wrong, when it’s the tech that works out the angle of the lines based on the pitch dimensions.

Don't get me wrong , I hate VR, but so many people seem to totally misunderstand it.

Are we going to get the fancy graphics from the world cup, was so much clearer and as such felt more accurate. I also think they were using more technology and not some guy trying to draw lines which is why you're always going to people questioning it.

What annoys me is that Dawson scored with his arm against us, but they still measure it from the defenders armpit and not the end of his sleeve.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ricey said:

when it’s the tech that works out the angle of the lines based on the pitch dimensions.

What happened with the Palace/Brighton one then? 

The PL have come out and said that was incorrect. How does the tech get it wrong? What's the point in the VAR official if it can't check the tech? 

The comments on this page are completely based on results. If we get thrashed by Utd. , Rodgers will get his customary kicking. You have to give credit to the players , they make the on field decisions and they quickly realised Spurs were having a very bad day and exploited it.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

In the same argument though you can't be sure he was offside either and that's the problem with VAR. There's still an element of human inaccuracy. Is the "t-shirt" line still a thing, because if it is, then when is the line drawn from Dier's shoulder and not from the end of short sleeve? That makes Barnes completely level. Also using the line on the pitch, although the angle isn't straight, still means that if your draw the line from Davies, then Barnes is onside.

Looks like VAR had a shocker all round after catching up with motd though and ultimately it made absolutely no difference to our result, so can't complain too much, but if that's at 0-1 or 1-1, then there would have been much more made of it as there was in the Arsenal v Brentford game and the West Ham v Chelsea game. 

I still don't understand why they can't go back to the "clear day light" rule, even when using VAR. If the lines are touching, if it's that close, if there is no "clear and obvious" error, stick with the on field decision 

The last point is a change that they’ve made this season. If the lines are touching it’s onside. Yesterday the lines weren’t touching.

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What happened with the Palace/Brighton one then? 

The PL have come out and said that was incorrect. How does the tech get it wrong? What's the point in the VAR official if it can't check the tech? 

…because the VAR pin pointed the wrong player. Human error.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have a feeling it is drawn from Davies to be honest. Hard to know, which is why I wish they’d show us the VAR footage in the stadium.

I do agree there should be more room for error with the lines, as it relies on some subjectivity in regards to shoulders and until we have more frames to choose from you can never be sure the one chosen is exactly when the ball was played.

50 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Strange… He’s got what he AND the fans have been asking for.

Rodgers is not the enemy…

Now it’s proven,the squad stars returning,and refreshment in new players..

He has something to coach,where commitment and Frontfoot football is in the players minds…

Has much as we have had the right to lambast & criticise him,we should also take note, his worries were founded & proved right..

...every club seeks to bring in players at the start of the season, unless there is an embargo, that is what happens!!!

We played on the front foot against Forest, we were very good and yet reverted to the possession based game which saw us labouring to achieve anything on the pitch.

Front foot,  high tempo is what this team has always been about, we were being asked to play in a way that nullified us. Pretty much shooting ourselves in the foot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

Spurs Twitter putting the melt into absolute meltdown 😂

Lol. Just spent a very amusing 10 mins browsing this thread.

Must say they are top 6 or even Champions league quality in vitriolic posts!

Seems that almost everyone except Harry is what those there norf landeners call a kant.

We deffo need to step up our offensive game to compete with this elite team.

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Offside isn’t ‘clear and obvious’ - it’s supposed to be a factual call. If it’s too close (lines are touching) then the striker gets the benefit of doubt.  That is just an appalling draw of the lines by the var - he’s drawn against the inside of dier’s t shirt line and ignored Davies beyond him.  because of the result, nothing will be mentioned but dean should be stood down for incompetence. 

Its seems to me that the refs in the VAR room are itching to find any excuse to disallow goals, they are like over enthusiastic traffic wardens looking for a way to ticket some poor sod who's 5 seconds beyond their time.

They are so intent on the player whos left boot lace is 1.5mm offside they miss the player standing 1.5mts offside (Brentford).

It was intended as a way to stop CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistakes but this is now forgotten.

This was NEVER what we were sold, but is a total dream for pernickety referees who can exercise power even when not on the pitch.

It has become a monster eating our beautiful game but FIFA will not change back now as no doubt too much money has already found its way into grubby hands.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I worked during the pandemic early on, voluntarily doing shifts where and when required. 

I fully retired 2 years ago and I now am a volunteer for the Air Ambulance charity and I do 4 afternoons in the local charity shop.

I still read up on paramedic science as it's something I'm interested in. Keeps my brain alive, lol.

I don't regret retirement but I do miss the job.

Keep it going fella & a big thanks at least from this direction…

keeping fit is the key & keep health demons from the door..

Unfortunately I couldn’t…fit,adventure trekking,odd international VSO work.Was for a couple of years part of disaster rescue team,interfacing with dog units.
But had to give that up because of health reasons..

• Like 1