Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

49 minutes ago, bovril said:

4-1 flattered Spurs. Trying to think of the last time we totally dominated a team with top 4 aspirations, maybe Man City February and December 2016

I just watched the 25-minute highlights on the LCFC website, and, wow, "dominated" is the right word. We probably should have come away with at least 6 goals (thought the same about the Villa game). The confidence in the team is amazing, and it kinda makes you feel for Amartey and Thomas that everyone else's tails have gone up now that they aren't in the side.

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if you look at it tho on the VAR imagine, you can see Davies's shoulder and head(yes i know arms dont count) is on the red line of barnes too

maybe im reading the rule wrong i dont know

If you draw a line vertically down from his shoulder, to where he is relatively on the pitch, it will land on or behind that blue line. It's hard to explain but the blue line is correct. Where is shoulder crosses the blue line, the line is actually outside of the D in relation to the pitch. The player isn't lying flat on the pitch so it's all about perspective.

The biggest case we have for it being incorrect is that, if you look carefully, neither of Barnes' feet are planted so you could argue that the red line is incorrect rather than the blue line.

Edited by wardyfox86

49 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

This is a very negative spin on it, and I'm usually so positive, but it's a really sad reminder to me of what this team could/should have been over the last two years. 

We should be challenging for top 4, and there's a good chance we won't get that chance again.

Can't change the past. Focus on the future :D 

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if you look at it tho on the VAR imagine, you can see Davies's shoulder and head(yes i know arms dont count) is on the red line of barnes too

maybe im reading the rule wrong i dont know

You don’t measure the line 6ft in the air. You draw it on the ground. So they make a vertical line from the last part of the player, where that meets the ground is where his arm is in relation to Barnes foot. 

His head looking like it’s over the red line is nothing more than a trick of perspective. It means nothing. 

Barnes is OFFSIDE. 

Now you can talk all day long about accuracy of Var and calling minute decisions, but as the law stands now, it was used correctly and he’s off.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PaulW said:

And if the Board had listened to his requests for new signings!

Or if he'd used the players at his disposal in a system that suited them rather than shoehorning shite into positions they can't play in? (to prove a point?) 

Disclaimer: I am once again shocked (and begrudgingly impressed) with the turnaround in the same way I was pre Xmas (which I didn't think he was capable of doing) but I'm not having it that he was right all along. If top hadn't found some money down the back of the sofa we would be royally ****ed now and that would be more on BR than Top imo. You can't spend what you ain't got. 

Alls well that ends well though ay. I would keep him now just so this progress at long last isn't thwarted by someone else, but I'm still convinced it wouldnt take much for the fans to turn if he goes back to type. 

19 hours ago, glenparva boy said:

Sack the manager.  Rodgers out!.  Blah, blah, blah.  Those who have never worked in pro football, shut the **** up.  BTW, "we" have beaten only 1 of the other 19 PL sides more than they have beaten "us". ( Thankfully, it is the Villa). I love supporting my team.

If we haven't worked in pro football we aren't entitled to an opinion? Think you'd be better off in a small whatsapp group rather than foxestalk chap. 🤣

• Like 1

Just watched MOTD. Great result and all but I found it oddly troubling that nobody celebrated Kristiansen's clearance early doors. Usually you'd expect about 3 or 4 players around him celebrating the clearance, but the players just looked at him with no visible expression, apart from Souts who looks to be cut from the same cloth as Viktor.

Still laughing at how nonchalantly Mendy celebrated his goal, like he bangs in worldies every week lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Just watched MOTD. Great result and all but I found it oddly troubling that nobody celebrated Kristiansen's clearance early doors. Usually you'd expect about 3 or 4 players around him celebrating the clearance, but the players just looked at him with no visible expression, apart from Souts who looks to be cut from the same cloth as Viktor.

Still laughing at how nonchalantly Mendy celebrated his goal, like he bangs in worldies every week lol

They made up for it at other times. Our defence love a back slap and high five.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Offside is supposed to be factual like goal line technology - no clear and obvious (unless there is an issue with the cameras and you have to go with the linesman or a clear visual image that the call was v wrong) 

until we start using the auto offside tech as per the World Cup and champs league where a sensor in the ball detects the point at which it is struck and it then doesn’t rely on an old man to draw lines, we won’t be able to enforce it properly. 

This. Although <nasal>it's the tracking cameras that negate the need for the line drawing</nasal>

VAR works best when it completely removes the human element (which in turn helps to remove any claims of bias). Adding tech but keeping humans involved is like adding a strong link to a chain with an existing weak one.

It would also massively speed the decision making process. I'm sure they were about to kick off when the match commentary mentioned they were even looking at the Barnes offside yesterday.

To me, yesterday served as a reminder of the two 5th place seasons. In those times, we would regularly compete with teams like Spurs and it was great to see that level back again.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Tbh I think the majority of them just wanted to be switched for the next corner. Which duly went wrong