Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

Great result and great display. Amazing what we can do when we go forward and get at teams. 

I hope for all our sakes that we continue with this style of football. I don't know what changed but let's keep it going. 

Maybe it's the signings making the difference, or Brendan realising he won't get sacked so might as well try to win some games to preserve his reputation. Either way, long may it continue 👍

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Guess?...as he stated???

Sounds like because he happens to be from an Eastern European country and didnt take a knee he must automatically be a former member of the Hitler youth? Theres been numerous players in the Prem that havent taken the knee. I have no idea his reasonings for this but we live in a democracy, the moment people are forced what to do then we might as well rename ourselves North Korea

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Your suggestion creates even more grey areas though and would see loads of goals disallowed.  The Brentford goal yesterday - change the law so that anyone stood offside when the ball is played in and they are offside will result in defences just storming forwards as the ball is about to be kicked - it will be chaos.  There are always unintended consequences.  fwiw, I didn’t think that Gabriel was getting to the wide player who played it back across and if he was supposed to be marking him then he should have been a lot closer.  

I agree the active rule should stay but they have to use common sense and apply it when it’s needed. That Rashford goal where it was deemed he wasn’t active when he was about 1 yard from the ball is a joke, the only players who are not active should be either no where near the ball or any defenders.

The Arsenal goal I think Gabriel kinda deserved because he was pulling the hell out of the Brentford players shirt, looked like he was pulling his offside.

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

I agree the active rule should stay but they have to use common sense and apply it when it’s needed. That Rashford goal where it was deemed he wasn’t active when he was about 1 yard from the ball is a joke, the only players who are not active should be either no where near the ball or any defenders.

The Arsenal goal I think Gabriel kinda deserved because he was pulling the hell out of the Brentford players shirt, looked like he was pulling his offside.

PGMOL have admitted that if the ‘rashford’ goal happened again then it would be called offside 

I just think we need better officials, both on and off the pitch. But that was always the case.  So as many have asked, if it’s still getting things wrong, what’s the point of var ?? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Update.

Meal was lovely.

Managed to not say anything for an hour and then one of them cracked”Aren’t you going to say anything then?”Next 5 minutes giving them analysis of the match,Mendy’s rocket,15/16 season.Robert Huths header and any other gloating.

mission complete.

Yep - had a great couple days 

at the youngest’s game yesterday was quite fun - the biggest problem is that most spurs fans (as opposed to gooners) don’t expect anything from their team.  if we beat arsenal in a fortnight then I’m really in for a good week to follow !! 

• Like 1

It is such a pleasure watching our front 3 currently, although I do wonder how this formation would work against differing opposition setups though? Think it would work against a low block, just wondering which formations it would struggle against?

Neither Villa nor Spurs really got in our faces, so possibly that?

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/leicester-city-vs-spurs-saturday-11th-feb-3pm.47325/page-20

If you find yourselves bored at work feel free to entertain yourself to some light reading. From page 20 onwards will be the downfall as this is when their goal was given onside.

Makes me laugh how they do not understand why we hate them.

For me i hate them simply down to them being classed as a big club when the only reason is simply down to location. Nothing on the pitch warrants them big club status. Pathetic club, Pathetic team and Pathetic fans.

Also where were the spurs fans on saturday? They started singing then as soon as we took the lead i never heard from them again, EVER. Just an all round horrible club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

PGMOL have admitted that if the ‘rashford’ goal happened again then it would be called offside 

I just think we need better officials, both on and off the pitch. But that was always the case.  So as many have asked, if it’s still getting things wrong, what’s the point of var ?? 

This is the problem with var. I can accept a ref in the heat of the moment with one look making a mistake. But if the var officials are making mistakes then the technology is redundant. Your swapping (understandable) human error on the pitch for human error elsewhere.  I think for the tiny amount of decisions it corrects the game would be better without its interruptions. I think technology is in the process of automating off side decisions which will hopefully improve that but most other stuff is on field opinion vs off field opinion. Just stick with the Matchday officials and accept errors will be made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/leicester-city-vs-spurs-saturday-11th-feb-3pm.47325/page-20

If you find yourselves bored at work feel free to entertain yourself to some light reading. From page 20 onwards will be the downfall as this is when their goal was given onside.

Makes me laugh how they do not understand why we hate them.

For me i hate them simply down to them being classed as a big club when the only reason is simply down to location. Nothing on the pitch warrants them big club status. Pathetic club, Pathetic team and Pathetic fans.

Also where were the spurs fans on saturday? They started singing then as soon as we took the lead i never heard from them again, EVER. Just an all round horrible club

Well it's not is it. Personally, i don't understand why some of our fans hate them and try to create some sort of imaginary rivalry, Surely a bit of banter betwwen the fans when we won the league and they didn't isn't really grounds for hating another club is it.