Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well it's not is it. Personally, i don't understand why some of our fans hate them and try to create some sort of imaginary rivalry, Surely a bit of banter betwwen the fans when we won the league and they didn't isn't really grounds for hating another club is it. 

There is no rivalry, i just do not like them. Well before our title win i didn't like them. Honestly i think it stems to going to Wembley as a 14 year old and seeing Nielsen score that last minute header.

Then the nonsense in our title win, that only yesterday people on talksport were talking about how Spurs should have won that league, Why? They are a nothing club who do not have a divine right to have beaten us to that title, i would understand a Man U or an Arsenal who would have been used to the pressure of a title charge but Spurs? Just seems like our title win is credited to Spurs letting us win it rather than us being the dominant team.

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Todays work agenda

1. Start laptop
  2. Start Office, Teams, Skype
  3. Start Chrome
  4. Load BBC iPlayer
  5. Watch Match of the Day
  6. Check work schedule
  7. Meeting
  8. Watch full match replay
  9. Lunch
  10. Meeting
  11. Read The Fighting Cock
  12. Read LTLF
  13. Meeting
  14. End

Hard work today :thumbup:

I'm loving your work - You are a hero and genius my friend

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

There is no rivalry, i just do not like them. Well before our title win i didn't like them. Honestly i think it stems to going to Wembley as a 14 year old and seeing Nielsen score that last minute header.

Then the nonsense in our title win, that only yesterday people on talksport were talking about how Spurs should have won that league, Why? They are a nothing club who do not have a divine right to have beaten us to that title, i would understand a Man U or an Arsenal who would have been used to the pressure of a title charge but Spurs? Just seems like our title win is credited to Spurs letting us win it rather than us being the dominant team.

I read a Leicestershire based Spurs fans tweet today - something along the lines of 'now I know what Forest fans mean about Leicester'. 

Both clubs are a similar kettle of fish - self-entitled opinions on their club because of historical victories. So when we've heard their utter bullshit for x amount of years, it's brilliant to give it back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Spudulike said:

Well one of them said that Mendy had scored a streamer :D

Some great quotes. My particular favourite "I want heads, like Henry VIII" :appl:

Expressions is brilliant. Probably the only Spurs fan I actually like. He comes out with some amazing one liners

21 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Looks like Bentancur did his ACL. Must’ve caught it off one of our staff or players or something like that.

I didn't see the incident at the game, and none of the replays have covered it (including the extended highlights on LCTV). Anyone know how it happened? Was it a heavy challenge or relatively innocuous?  

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I didn't see the incident at the game, and none of the replays have covered it (including the extended highlights on LCTV). Anyone know how it happened? Was it a heavy challenge or relatively innocuous?  

He landed funny on his left knee as he went into to tackle Mendy. 

No contact as is common with acl injuries. 

Shame, he's their best player after Kane

• Thanks 1

As the poster with the pooey bottom said, didn’t really look like there was anything in it. Bit of a coming together of players about 35yds out but his arm went up straight away. Can’t even remember if they got a free kick for it (there was a lengthy break with stretchers that he didn’t use!) but don’t think there was any accusation one of our players had caused it.

8 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Update.

Meal was lovely.

Managed to not say anything for an hour and then one of them cracked”Aren’t you going to say anything then?”Next 5 minutes giving them analysis of the match,Mendy’s rocket,15/16 season.Robert Huths header and any other gloating.

mission complete.

Perfectly handled Sir!   I had a similar experience when seeing my Southampton chums after the 9-0

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Do you think the gameplan was just stick it in each corner because Forster takes about ten hours to get down?

Haven't seen a goalkeeper with less agility since we put Schwarzer in goal at about 43

Forster used to be a great keeper, but did an ACL which took him out for a long time and he's never really looked the same. Can understand why they'd only have him as backup when they have Lloris on French national team captain x2 wage tbf.