Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's 100% what we've been missing for 18 months. Shame it took new players to force the entire team to do it! I'm not sure why they couldn't have played like that before, but maybe it really is a character thing, because Kristiansen comes across as a right stroppy b*stard, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Just one word of caution, playing that way is also one of the reasons why you end up with an injury list. Liverpool are experiencing it themselves after years of playing a high press. Still the right way to play though! Look at how much more effervescent the entire team looks. 

We have had long injury lists while aimlessly bimbling around for weeks on end. I'm willing to accept some if that is the result!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's 100% what we've been missing for 18 months. Shame it took new players to force the entire team to do it! I'm not sure why they couldn't have played like that before, but maybe it really is a character thing, because Kristiansen comes across as a right stroppy b*stard, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Just one word of caution, playing that way is also one of the reasons why you end up with an injury list. Liverpool are experiencing it themselves after years of playing a high press. Still the right way to play though! Look at how much more effervescent the entire team looks. 

This is something that a number of ex pros talk about, the galvanising effect of new players coming in. The new players are pumped to make an impact the existing players are keen to show their worth. Show the new guys how good they are and are excited to play with new players. 

Barnes is a prime example of someone who's gone a bit flat, he's got no competition for his place so he knows he'll start and can see the malaise setting in around him. Suddenly he's got an all action left back behind him and a Brazilian on his opposite flank with his samba skills, he's got to pull his finger out and wants to because it's an exciting new team.

These last few transfer windows have done so much damage to the spirit of the squad, I know we got Faes in the summer but that was a downgrade on a popular player rather than an injection of fresh talent. If we'd had a window like this last January we could have won the ECL and finished 7th instead of limping through Feb and March and surrendering our season.

• Like 2

On 13/02/2023 at 15:07, brookfox said:

As the poster with the pooey bottom said, didn’t really look like there was anything in it. Bit of a coming together of players about 35yds out but his arm went up straight away. Can’t even remember if they got a free kick for it (there was a lengthy break with stretchers that he didn’t use!) but don’t think there was any accusation one of our players had caused it.

Bentancur went in for the tackle with his right leg but somehow planted his left. No suggestion of a foul (if anything, Mendy was fouled).