Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 4 - 1 Spurs - Post Match

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Massive massive performance and win. We've destroyed them and its been a long time coming. 

I said as soon as Tete played that Barnes would improve immensely and today was his best game of the season for us. So harsh he was robbed of that other goal but VAR can bollocks. 

Harry Souttar was colossal and Kristiansen and Barnes together were unstoppable.

Brilliant days work, wow

Did Tetê play today?

:ph34r:lol

Edited by SecretPro

Mendy was immense. Protected the back 4 well with his intelligent positioning. Good in helping to get the ball out together with KDB. Kristiansen looked very good again. Kane and Son did not have a sniff - very rare when we play them.

But special mention to Nacho whom I thought was 10/10 EXCELLENT for the 70 mins he played. He is like another Maddison but a bit further up. We have two Maddisons (or Nachos) in the same lineup. What a team. Still cannot believe it took Rodgers so long to let (and not be forced to let) Nacho start games. This guy is a goal machine.

Maddison once again excellent too.

Barnes was unlucky not to have scored two (his first was very harshly ruled out for offside).

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Amazing win and a great performance from what I've heard. The new signings seem to be making a difference and Rodgers must be happier now. Things are looking better and the table looks a little healthier for us. Long way to go but we should be aiming for a top 10 finish now

Could do with Everton not doing owt silly on Monday and Leeds losing tomorrow. But, can only take care of your own business and that’s what we’ve done the past two weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Spurs so desperate in that second half they obviously thought their best chance was to get one (or more) of ours red carded. Surprised the ref didn't find a way to oblige. 

There was a moment where KDH committed a foul on Hojberg. It was a foul, but just that. Ref even entertained a conversation with Kane about it. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Massive massive performance and win. We've destroyed them and its been a long time coming. 

I said as soon as Tete played that Barnes would improve immensely and today was his best game of the season for us. So harsh he was robbed of that other goal but VAR can bollocks. 

Harry Souttar was colossal and Kristiansen and Barnes together were unstoppable.

Brilliant days work, wow

Edited to say, how could I not mention Nampalys Mendy's performance, what on earth!!!!

Well said Zippy 

• Haha 1

Wow I went to watch non league and I get radio Leicester on to hear we've scored 4, won and Mendy scored an absolute rocket of a goal!

What a statement of intent victory!

Well done!

Can't wait to see the highlights!

Just now, Lionator said:

Tetê putting in a 5/10, imagine if he’d have gotten an 8. We’d have hit double figures. 

To be fair I only jest. He was perfectly adequate today, just having him on the pitch and posing a threat means we get more out of Barnes and Maddison because he's one extra for the opposition to worry/think about. He tracks back too and holds on to the ball well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There was a moment where KDH committed a foul on Hojberg. It was a foul, but just that. Ref even entertained a conversation with Kane about it. 

I think that was the one where KDH should've got a yellow for protesting. The reason he didn't was because the ref knew that he'd made a mistake. 

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Mendy was immense. Protected the back 4 well with his intelligent positioning. Good in helping to get the ball out together with KDB. Kristiansen looked very good again. Kane and Son did not have a sniff - very rare when we play them.

But special mention to Nacho whom I thought was 10/10 EXCELLENT for the 70 mins he played. He is like another Maddison but a bit further up. We have two Maddisons (or Nachos) in the same lineup. What a team. Still cannot believe it took Rodgers so long to let (and not be forced to let) Nacho start games. This guy is a goal machine.

Maddison once again excellent too.

Barnes was unlucky not to have scored two (his first was very harshly ruled out for offside).

Nacho was superb, last game and this, but the bold bit is a total falsehood too me, we could not play Nacho like we did for Vardy or as tried to do with Daka as Kel is not about pace, he is about skill and subtlety. We need Tete or similar to make Nacho (and Barnes to a lesser degree) be truly effective.

Also Kristiansen was sensational. :appl:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Porro is a great wing back but he's a great attacking wing back. For a team already defensively suspect he might not have been the most inspired bit of business.