Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

What kind of comment is that? It just comes across as bitter. Personally I hope he smashes it elsewhere as he seems like a good kid who just hasn’t been given the chance here.

In the sense that it will be a regarded a mistake letting him

leave 

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

In the sense that it will be a regarded a mistake letting him

leave 

Ok fair enough. I get what you’re saying then.

Personally I think the way a lot pull him down is what annoys me so I’m happy for him to smash it elsewhere and make people look silly. Obviously not against us or at our expense though.

If Daka couldn't produce numbers in a team with high-quality midfielders in Maddison and Tielemans, where is the rationale coming from that he's going to do anything of note at Everton with worse midfielders and an anti-football merchant? Apologies if my question sounds a bit harsh.

(Unless of course, the offer is too good to pass.)

Edited by Iran

3 hours ago, Iran said:

If Daka couldn't produce numbers in a team with high-quality midfielders in Maddison and Tielemans, where is the rationale coming from that he's going to do anything of note at Everton with worse midfielders and an anti-football merchant? Apologies if my question sounds a bit harsh.

(Unless of course, the offer is too good to pass.)

Simple. He relies on pace, so play the ball behind the defence and let him race the defender to it.

Rodgers did everything he could to stop us playing exactly those types of ball …. Despite playing Vardy & Daka. 

It literally defies all logic. 

Everton would be a great move for him

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

because they may actually give him a decent run of games. He has had such a stop start time with us, and was also in and out of a side that had players who had checked out and were not up for the fight, including the manager! 

The worst you can say about Daka, is that it is still unknown if he can produce the goods. Until he gets to start and play 15+ consecutive games in a team and has a Manager that backs him, no one can really know if he is or can be a decent striker. 

Fair comment.

Personally, I struggle to see him being a success at Everton even if were to give him a run of games, mainly due to the fact that he is the polar opposite of a Sean Dyche kind of forward and the tactics he employs would be different to what Daka has been accustomed to on the teams he played. I wouldn't be opposed to the prospect of giving him a second chance in the Championship (assuming Enzo rates him), similarly, I wouldn't be opposed to the prospect of selling him for someone proven in the Championship like Joel Piroe.

Ultimately, as a forward, you get judged on your stats at the end of the day (rightly/wrongly).

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ok fair enough. I get what you’re saying then.

Personally I think the way a lot pull him down is what annoys me so I’m happy for him to smash it elsewhere and make people look silly. Obviously not against us or at our expense though.

Don't get your point at all. He's had two seasons here and has shown very little improvement whatsoever. He even struggled against Northampton whilst people Mavidua or whatever his name is flourished. He has had more than enough chances as starts and off the bench, scored the odd goal, mostly tap ins, and shows very little else. Is never a handful for defenders, is not physical, no decent touch or awareness. He's a very average player by prem standards. Obviously he could be very good a league down but if we can recoup 15 or so million I'd snap it up. He would look good in a shite foreign League like Turkey but doubt he would cut it in the premier League. It's a shame because he came here very highly rated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

What a huge mistake it would be to let him go. I feel sorry for him and I think he’s been let down by the club. 

He’s arrived and been used for 20 odd minutes here and there without any proper run in the team. He’s been second to an ageing and mostly ineffective Vardy, and third to Iheanacho who has basically had the exact same thing happen to him. 

Not only that, but he’s come to the club under a useless manager with a team playing awful football and expected to bang in 10+ goals a season during his 10ish minute off-the-bench appearances.

Now we’ve got our own fans surprised because he hasn’t developed? Who would develop under those circumstances? Get him coached by Enzo (someone who actually knows what they’re doing tactically) and get him in the team.

The club made an investment in him, which was the correct move given his stats and age. You’re supposed to sign these players, develop them and sell for profit. Instead, we’ve what? Hoped he’d improve whilst watching football being played from a bench? He’s been failed by a club that’s failed in a lot of things recently. 

He started 13 games, and was subbed in 17 times. 
The season before started 13 subbed in 10 in the league.

He hasn’t really been failed by the club, it’s not like he has been on fire and been dropped. He has failed by not looking good enough to cement down a a regular starting spot. 

Yes Vardy was poor last year, but he had credit in the bank from 15/25 the season before. 

Having looked back at the stats, when ever Daka did score he started the next game, unfortunately he just couldn’t maintain any form and looked ineffectual for the majority of the time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Don't get your point at all. He's had two seasons here and has shown very little improvement whatsoever. He even struggled against Northampton whilst people Mavidua or whatever his name is flourished. He has had more than enough chances as starts and off the bench, scored the odd goal, mostly tap ins, and shows very little else. Is never a handful for defenders, is not physical, no decent touch or awareness. He's a very average player by prem standards. Obviously he could be very good a league down but if we can recoup 15 or so million I'd snap it up. He would look good in a shite foreign League like Turkey but doubt he would cut it in the premier League. It's a shame because he came here very highly rated.

What don’t you get?

It doesn’t seemed to have worked out. However, he seems a good character and has tried when given minutes. 

He’s not been disruptive or kicked off for a move. If he goes, it’s because the club have moved him on. 

So sorry if I’m not willing to wish he fails elsewhere and said I hope he does well :dunno:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Daka could be useful in this league if given the chance but if he's 3rd choice, and there is a chance we can get back some money for him then we have to sell and use the money to buy a different striking option. 

When he has come on when we have been struggling, it’s been very similar to Vardy. 
When nacho comes on it changes the dynamic of the game as he occupies different pockets and channels of play. If the club are going to persist with Vardy then it’s probably best he goes. 
it would be interesting to see him on loan if financially viable and with a sustained run in the Premier league to see if it is a confidence issue.

• Like 2

IMO Daka sets light to the Champ given the opportunity. Getting rid of him makes zero sense without being willing to at least give him a proper, sustained run of games in the side. We invested 20+ million in him financially and I still think there's a player in there. Unfortunately, this issue is now exacerbated by the "does he fit Enzo's style" conundrum? Juding by the weekend and Vardy starting, you'd argue Daka is the closest in terms of skillset to him, plus he isn't out of contract in the summer like Kel. If one leaves, for me it's Iheanacho. 

Keep Patson, give him a chance and if at the end of that it's not worked out, so be it. Hopefully he starts tonight, finds the net and sparks some confidence. Don't give up on him just yet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

What don’t you get?

It doesn’t seemed to have worked out. However, he seems a good character and has tried when given minutes. 

He’s not been disruptive or kicked off for a move. If he goes, it’s because the club have moved him on. 

So sorry if I’m not willing to wish he fails elsewhere and said I hope he does well :dunno:

You seemed like you were saying that fans like me are wrong to criticise him, but he's been here two seasons and had plenty of games to show more than what he has. It's like you were saying how he proves us all wrong. I couldn't care less what he does when he leaves here, and I'm sure his attitude and everything is fine, he's just not good enough for the premier League at all in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

IMO Daka sets light to the Champ given the opportunity. Getting rid of him makes zero sense without being willing to at least give him a proper, sustained run of games in the side. We invested 20+ million in him financially and I still think there's a player in there. Unfortunately, this issue is now exacerbated by the "does he fit Enzo's style" conundrum? Juding by the weekend and Vardy starting, you'd argue Daka is the closest in terms of skillset to him, plus he isn't out of contract in the summer like Kel. If one leaves, for me it's Iheanacho. 

Keep Patson, give him a chance and if at the end of that it's not worked out, so be it. Hopefully he starts tonight, finds the net and sparks some confidence. Don't give up on him just yet. 

The match against Burton Albion is tomorrow.

• Thanks 1