Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I am curious to see what Piroe to Leeds does to our willingness to sell Daka. I wouldn't bet against him being in the squad tomorrow. 

I think we'll want a minimum of 3 strikers in the squad, especially given Maresca seems to have some doubts about Iheanacho and Vardy's link up play is average to poor. Piroe over Daka made sense given Piroe would likely be cheaper and better at hold up / link up play. 

Now he's off the table, we haven't been strongly linked to any other strikers and we don't have long to find a replacement. 

We have 2 more loan spots that we can fit in the match day squad. It's been heavily suggested by credible sources that they're likely to be used on a winger and a centre back. 

So unless we receive an offer genuinely too good to turn down for Daka, that covers all of his remaining amortisation and represents maybe even a small profit, I'm not sure I see the angle in letting him go? 

Obviously we can go over the 5 loan limit but loaning clubs aren't going to be happy knowing someone always has to miss out. 

If selling Daka lets us buy, say, THB and loan someone like Archer then OK maybe? Idk. Stream of consciousness this a bit but eh. Interesting. 

I have a feeling we won't sign a CB. I know Enzo mentioned it but with VK looking likely to leave, it presents a different option.

VK is behind Doyle in that LB/LCB hybrid role but if we sign someone else for that role who would be AHEAD of Doyle, it frees Doyle up to not only be backup to that position but go in at CB ahead of the likes of Vesty, Souttar etc.

Just a thought. Ideally I'd prefer a LB more suited to that role than VK AND a CB who would be ahead of the ones I mentioned but not sure that'll happen so reckon we'd prioritise LB over CB. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I will be extremely surprised if we sell or loan out Daka and don't sign an actual recognised 9 even if just a loan. 

I find I’m half way between you @Finnegan and @StriderHiryu.

I don’t think Daka would have to be replaced by a number 9, but nor can I see Mavididi, Praet or Akgun even ‘filling in’ there.

Perhaps a better option is someone like Archer (or Piroe!), a versatile forward who could play well in any of the front three positions? 

But who that might be if Archer signs for Sheff U I have no idea!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

image.png.72cb5cf622aef52d0ac1fbf6bdf01bdb.png

Interesting list as to who he's compared to. Some prolific, some not...

I dont find fbref's comparison feature to be brilliant tbh. 

You don't have to be a genius to spot straight away that Bamford, Watkins, Ings and Abraham are all quite different forwards. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Haven’t we been linked with Andi Zeqiri from Brighton, reckon he will be the replacement for Daka.

I know it's fashionable to say 'oh, he's shite about everyone we're linked with, but Zeqiri is actually shite isn't he?

We will need a third striker. Personally, would like that to be a physical, hold the ball up and bring people into the game kind of player. A proper "Plan B" off the bench.

Personally I'd go for Miles Leaburn from Charlton. We could be in a situation where next season we have no Kelechi and no Vardy, bringing in 3 strikers in one window wouldn't be ideal.

Another option is we bring Kieffer Moore in from Bournemouth on loan as part of the Daka deal 

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I know it's fashionable to say 'oh, he's shite about everyone we're linked with, but Zeqiri is actually shite isn't he?

Maybe at premier league level but last season he had a good season in the Swiss league could see us signing him, fairly young and as third choice striker I don’t think he would be a bad option to bring in.

• Like 1

I’m absolutely heartbroken. He’s been treated awfully by the club.

He should be off to Real Madrid, not Bournemouth (my personal opinion of him and at times, my blind, unfounded faith in him might have slightly exaggerated this response). 

Goodbye our/my Zambian king. We’ll always have that cold night in Moscow to remember you by. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

We will need a third striker. Personally, would like that to be a physical, hold the ball up and bring people into the game kind of player. A proper "Plan B" off the bench.

Personally I'd go for Miles Leaburn from Charlton. We could be in a situation where next season we have no Kelechi and no Vardy, bringing in 3 strikers in one window wouldn't be ideal.

Another option is we bring Kieffer Moore in from Bournemouth on loan as part of the Daka deal 

You mean like piroe? 🙄

I don't think we need a third striker, and Enzo wouldn't go for a big lump plan B either. I am sure he'd rather chuck Praet or someone up front as a false 9.

If we get these two wingers over the line, I think any other forward signings would be a luxury even if we ship Daka out. If we did sign one, rather than an out and out 9 it would (or should) be a versatile player for wide, up front, and maybe even the attacking 8 position - but they don't grow on trees.

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I am curious to see what Piroe to Leeds does to our willingness to sell Daka. I wouldn't bet against him being in the squad tomorrow. 

I think we'll want a minimum of 3 strikers in the squad, especially given Maresca seems to have some doubts about Iheanacho and Vardy's link up play is average to poor. Piroe over Daka made sense given Piroe would likely be cheaper and better at hold up / link up play. 

Now he's off the table, we haven't been strongly linked to any other strikers and we don't have long to find a replacement. 

We have 2 more loan spots that we can fit in the match day squad. It's been heavily suggested by credible sources that they're likely to be used on a winger and a centre back. 

So unless we receive an offer genuinely too good to turn down for Daka, that covers all of his remaining amortisation and represents maybe even a small profit, I'm not sure I see the angle in letting him go? 

Obviously we can go over the 5 loan limit but loaning clubs aren't going to be happy knowing someone always has to miss out. 

If selling Daka lets us buy, say, THB and loan someone like Archer then OK maybe? Idk. Stream of consciousness this a bit but eh. Interesting. 

Can't see how we sell Daka and don't bring someone in.

With Vardy and Nacho out of contract in the summer, we would be starting from scratch in the summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

He should be off to Real Madrid, not Bournemouth (my personal opinion of him and at times, my blind, unfounded faith in him might have slightly exaggerated this response). 

Goodbye our/my Zambian king. We’ll always have that cold night in Moscow to remember you by. 

Mate, it's bad enough you stole my diary but reading it out to foxestalk is taking liberties. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

"Heartbroken", seriously? 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maresca wanted players out. There appears to be movement on Daka & Castagne to begin with. So hopefully we do see someone come in within the next week...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

With Vardy and Nacho out of contract in the summer, we would be starting from scratch in the summer.

Not to mention being solely reliant on Vardy during January/February when Nacho goes off to the AFCON....

• Like 2