Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

hes wank, no other way of putting it. not that quick, weak and has no technical ability. but yes fans think he'll do well in a very physical championship.

Eh?

He's rapid. Lloyd Dyer had no technical ability, just rapid, and he scared the shit out of Championship defenses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Eh?

He's rapid. Lloyd Dyer had no technical ability, just rapid, and he scared the shit out of Championship defenses.

Pity we could get his Zambian team mate Fashion Sakala from rangers. I didn't realise he was Zambian when I seen him and thought he ws Daka with skill

On 06/06/2023 at 19:29, sacreblueits442 said:

...I really hope not!!!

We just love playing players out of position, we shoehorn them in to get them into the team. This team has been unbalanced for years, we never sought to get it right and it was make do and mend to get us through. Let us hope the next manager looks at this and remedies our approach and drops players who are not impacting the team.

Perhaps push KDH upinto barnes' position

I’m just not sure what people see in Daka?

His lack of ability to stand up, hold the ball up and basically get involved with the build up is so poor.

Like others have said, peak Vardy’s pace was frightening for defenders yet I can’t remember a time where Daka has shown his 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

His performance against Spartak Moscow showed what kind of player he is, if we play to his strengths he is a very dangerous striker, unfortunately pretty much since the day we signed up, we have played such a slow, ponderous style of play which starves of him of any opportunity to play on the shoulder of the last last defender and instead he is expected to drop in and  link up play which isn’t the type of player he is. 

Should he be able to adapt,? maybe but in truth I really don’t understand why would you recruit a striker who’s natural game is based around peak Vardy and then play a atyle of play completely alien to him, which negates his natural attributes and expect him to thrive. Absolutely beggars belief. Personally I think Daka will have a very successful career, whether that can be with us remains to be seen. 

Which I tend to agree with but even Musa looked good in a couple of games for us.

I hope that you’re right as we were all excited about the signing of Daka but it’s fair to say it hasn’t worked out for him like any of us hoped.

8 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Eh?

Lloyd Dyer had no technical ability?? You watched a different Dyer to me. 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

His performance against Spartak Moscow showed what kind of player he is, if we play to his strengths he is a very dangerous striker, unfortunately pretty much since the day we signed up, we have played such a slow, ponderous style of play which starves of him of any opportunity to play on the shoulder of the last last defender and instead he is expected to drop in and  link up play which isn’t the type of player he is. 

Should he be able to adapt,? maybe but in truth I really don’t understand why would you recruit a striker who’s natural game is based around peak Vardy and then play a atyle of play completely alien to him, which negates his natural attributes and expect him to thrive. Absolutely beggars belief. Personally I think Daka will have a very successful career, whether that can be with us remains to be seen. 

His problem is he appears to not have the skill set to adapt to any style of play rather than a ball over the top. His one real standout game against Spartak relied on a very high defensive line by them and a central defence that had no pace. He’s not shown enough basic attributes to be able to play against the deeper and better defensive lines that he got in The Premier League and he’ll still get in The Championship, irrespective of the speed of our play. He hasn’t shown any obvious ability to be able to dribble, he struggles to control a ball, he loses physical battles, doesn’t appear to have intelligent movement off the ball. For the price we paid for him, these basic attributes should be way better than he’s shown to date. He’s a good finisher and initially he looked really rapid (though that pace appears to have dipped last season.) but I’ve not seen anything like enough to be convinced Patson has the ability to be able to adapt like Vardy did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

His lack of ability to stand up, hold the ball up and basically get involved with the build up is so poor.

Like others have said, peak Vardy’s pace was frightening for defenders yet I can’t remember a time where Daka has shown his 🤷🏻‍♂️

For me, it’s clear he has the ability to get into positions and finish from back in Austria and in glimpses for us. Yes the quality of the leagues are different but finishing is a transferable skill.

It depends how you see it but a lot of those things you have highlighted in your middle paragraph, I see as things that could improve with confidence and under a new coach.

This team has been awfully managed for the last 2 seasons and players like Daka have been on the fringes. The whole team has looked poor, Vardy has looked like the kid Wednesday released until Smith came in!

Another way I’d look at it, is how many of the other 23 teams in the Championship would turn down Daka if offered (within their financial constraints obviously so based purely off the player). Personally I think none. 

Ultimately, we aren’t going to bring in a new squad of 25 players so some of the younger guys I want to see whether they still have it in them to recover from what has happened. 

And sometimes, it’s not about the quality of the player but whether they are suited to the league. The best comparison with Daka would be Kramaric. Also in Vardy’s shadow and came from a lesser level European League. Obviously went on to do well at a good level in Germany but just wasn’t suited/was with us at the wrong time.

9 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Eh?

It's not just Championship, it's any level. If you've got pace and can run at defenders they won't like it.

23 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

His problem is he appears to not have the skill set to adapt to any style of play rather than a ball over the top. His one real standout game against Spartak relied on a very high defensive line by them and a central defence that had no pace. He’s not shown enough basic attributes to be able to play against the deeper and better defensive lines that he got in The Premier League and he’ll still get in The Championship, irrespective of the speed of our play. He hasn’t shown any obvious ability to be able to dribble, he struggles to control a ball, he loses physical battles, doesn’t appear to have intelligent movement off the ball. For the price we paid for him, these basic attributes should be way better than he’s shown to date. He’s a good finisher and initially he looked really rapid (though that pace appears to have dipped last season.) but I’ve not seen anything like enough to be convinced Patson has the ability to be able to adapt like Vardy did. 

...there are too many games where Vardy is now isolated, where he does not get the service that he needs and only appears to come alive when Albrighton comes on the pitch, and his remit is to get the ball early to Vardy!!!

A lot of what you have pointed out is not something that Vardy does, and the run to trigger the pass is usually not picked up, which then pulls him offside.

The strange thing is we play a certain way to try and get Vardy in and we change that strategy when Daka comes on, and we compare them the same.

Daka's inability to stay on his feet or being more robust on the ball are all attributes he should be working out. Those areas are basic and should not have been an issue in his second season.

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Championship may help him become the player we thought we had signed, still relatively young and has the potential.. see what Enzo thinks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Championship may help him become the player we thought we had signed, still relatively young and has the potential.. see what Enzo thinks.

I hope so mate but the reality is, can we afford so many players on PL wages with a Championship income? 

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...with the reduce wages, it is all relative!!!

I wish mate, let’s say at best every player has taken the maximum 50% pay cut (they blatantly all haven’t) then our average salary will still be in the 40k+ region I’d predict.

That is not sustainable on Championship income.

Edited by SafewayFox