Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m still to see this ‘rapid’ 

maybe it’s that he doesn’t anticipate well so is always on the back foot and others react faster. 

Same here, can't say he's looked very explosive in his time with us. Certainly nowhere near Lloyd Dyer/prime Vards acceleration. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Eh?

He's rapid. Lloyd Dyer had no technical ability, just rapid, and he scared the shit out of Championship defenses.

Regardless of technical ability or anything else, Dyer was far quicker, or at least had more explosive acceleration, at least from the eye test in games though.

I'm definitely with those posters who say "is he really that quick? Why do we never see it then?" Keep hearing people say how "rapid" he is, but he's never showed anything close to Dyer, Vardy, Joachim or even De Laet type pace here. I think it's something people just heard so often when we signed him, that they keep repeating how fast he is, without him ever actually showing it in the eye test.

Barnes shows his acceleration and pace way more than Daka and always looks much faster and quicker off the mark than Daka to me and much more likely to beat his man for pace, but never gets the same talk about how "rapid" he is.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

On 1:10 there, England international/La Liga winner Trippier can't contain the heat of Lloyd 

Lloyd Dyer is exactly what its team has been missing for years. What a player he was for us .

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Lloyd Dyer is exactly what its team has been missing for years. What a player he was for us .

Loved Lord Dyer. We definitely need to sign a few players of a more athletic profile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Regardless of technical ability or anything else, Dyer was far quicker, or at least had more explosive acceleration, at least from the eye test in games though.

I'm definitely with those posters who say "is he really that quick? Why do we never see it then?" Keep hearing people say how "rapid" he is, but he's never showed anything close to Dyer, Vardy, Joachim or even De Laet type pace here. I think it's something people just heard so often when we signed him, that they keep repeating how fast he is, without him ever actually showing it in the eye test.

Barnes shows his acceleration and pace way more than Daka and always looks much faster and quicker off the mark than Daka to me and much more likely to beat his man for pace, but never gets the same talk about how "rapid" he is.

A better question for me is why is everyone so obsessed with his pace at all? What does it matter? Real life isn't FIFA, the best striker isn't just the one with the 99 Pace and Acceleration. Who would you rather have in your team out of Lewandowski, Falcao, Benzema and DJ Campbell? 

Look at the goals Daka scores and the vast majority of them are either just about finding space in and around the box or timing his run well off the shoulder, both of which Vardy does exceptionally well. He obviously doesn't quite have Vardy's instincts but then the list of players in world football that do are very short. 

One of those players is Erling Haaland. Go and watch a highlight reel of Haaland, yes he's fast, but watch how many of his goals are just the ball seemingly to magically, "randomly" drop at his feet in the box about two yards out. Daka's scored a fair few of his goals for us like that, once is a fluke, multiples is a pattern of taking up good positions. 

I dont give a shit how fast he can run, I care about how frequently he finds himself in goal scoring positions and then how reliably he converts them when he does. 

Obviously that's an old video but here's not really a goal in there where his pace was the most important factor and I can't think of one this season where it was either? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

A better question for me is why is everyone so obsessed with his pace at all? What does it matter? Real life isn't FIFA, the best striker isn't just the one with the 99 Pace and Acceleration. Who would you rather have in your team out of Lewandowski, Falcao, Benzema and DJ Campbell? 

Look at the goals Daka scores and the vast majority of them are either just about finding space in and around the box or timing his run well off the shoulder, both of which Vardy does exceptionally well. He obviously doesn't quite have Vardy's instincts but then the list of players in world football that do are very short. 

One of those players is Erling Haaland. Go and watch a highlight reel of Haaland, yes he's fast, but watch how many of his goals are just the ball seemingly to magically, "randomly" drop at his feet in the box about two yards out. Daka's scored a fair few of his goals for us like that, once is a fluke, multiples is a pattern of taking up good positions. 

I dont give a shit how fast he can run, I care about how frequently he finds himself in goal scoring positions and then how reliably he concerts them when he does. 

Obviously that's an old video but here's not really a goal in there where his pace was the most important factor and I can't think of one this season where it was either? 

His other advantages or disadvantages as a player are a different debate though. Many people keep specifically using his supposed lightning pace as a reason to why he’s a good player. Not arguing any other reasons, that’s a completely different aside,, but I just don’t understand where this idea he’s lighting quick comes from because he’s never shown it for us. I’m genuinely curious if they see this regularly in matches and I’m just missing it or he is genuinely as fast as Vardy or Dyer in their prime. That was all I was saying.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

His other advantages are a different debate though. Many people keep specifically using his supposed lightning pace as a reason to why he’s a good player. Not arguing any other reasons, that’s a completely different aside,, but I just don’t understand where this idea he’s lighting quick comes from because he’s never shown it for us. That was all I was saying.

Given where most football fans on social media get their views on players, I assume this has something to do with it:

Screenshot_20230627_114743_Chrome.jpg

Personally I find the 81 dribbling funnier than the 96 pace and I like the guy. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 3

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-open-loan-deal-player-summer-impressed-manager-club-spoken-foxes/

Leicester open to loan deal for player this summer – ‘Impressed’ manager, club have spoken to Foxes

Leicester City are open to letting Patson Daka leave on loan this summer, with AC Roma pursuing a deal for him.

That’s according to Calciomercato, who say that Roma’s general managers Tiago Pinto and Lina Souloukou have already spoken to the Foxes on a recent trip to England.

They say that the Roma pair ‘had the opportunity’ to speak to Leicester during their recent trip as they look at several possible signings from the Foxes following their relegation to the Championship.

That makes them something of an easier target than before and ‘above all’ on their list of possible recruits is striker Patson Daka.

He was linked to the Serie A club in 2021 when they wanted a replacement for Edin Dzeko and despite Roma eventually signing Tammy Abraham, he’s remained on their list of options.

The striker is not coming off the back of a great season at Leicester but he ‘impressed (Jose) Mourinho’ during his time in Austria with RB Salzburg and he’d be happy to have him.

The feeling is that if Roma can’t unlock a deal with West Ham for striker Gianluca Scamacca then they will turn to Daka, particularly as Leicester are ‘open to a loan with a redemption’ option included.

The player’s salary, which is €4.3m a year, would not be a big problem for the Italian side either and, thus, there is not much stopping a deal from happening.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Given where most football fans on social media get their views on players, I assume this has something to do with it:

Screenshot_20230627_114743_Chrome.jpg

Personally I find the 81 dribbling funnier than the 96 pace and I like the guy. 

I find the 77 physicality the most hilarious 

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-open-loan-deal-player-summer-impressed-manager-club-spoken-foxes/

Leicester open to loan deal for player this summer – ‘Impressed’ manager, club have spoken to Foxes

Leicester City are open to letting Patson Daka leave on loan this summer, with AC Roma pursuing a deal for him.

That’s according to Calciomercato, who say that Roma’s general managers Tiago Pinto and Lina Souloukou have already spoken to the Foxes on a recent trip to England.

They say that the Roma pair ‘had the opportunity’ to speak to Leicester during their recent trip as they look at several possible signings from the Foxes following their relegation to the Championship.

That makes them something of an easier target than before and ‘above all’ on their list of possible recruits is striker Patson Daka.

He was linked to the Serie A club in 2021 when they wanted a replacement for Edin Dzeko and despite Roma eventually signing Tammy Abraham, he’s remained on their list of options.

The striker is not coming off the back of a great season at Leicester but he ‘impressed (Jose) Mourinho’ during his time in Austria with RB Salzburg and he’d be happy to have him.

The feeling is that if Roma can’t unlock a deal with West Ham for striker Gianluca Scamacca then they will turn to Daka, particularly as Leicester are ‘open to a loan with a redemption’ option included.

The player’s salary, which is €4.3m a year, would not be a big problem for the Italian side either and, thus, there is not much stopping a deal from happening.

My preference would be to keep and help him find his feet in the Championship. However, if he's to leave, then sell him outright, don't loan him. I get that these loan deals are designed to push the price up but when has that ever really happened for us? I'm not a fan of loans. Commit to the player or sell him and get the money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

My preference would be to keep and help him find his feet in the Championship. However, if he's to leave, then sell him outright, don't loan him. I get that these loan deals are designed to push the price up but when has that ever really happened for us? I'm not a fan of loans. Commit to the player or sell him and get the money.

Feels like a valid test exercise, we loan him, so if we go up we have a fresh player who has been playing consistently (hopefully) or we don’t and we have a player who has been in the shop window all year. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Feels like a valid test exercise, we loan him, so if we go up we have a fresh player who has been playing consistently (hopefully) or we don’t and we have a player who has been in the shop window all year. :dunno:

OR he either barely features for them as he's just being used as cheap back up in case of injuries and his price plummets further. OR he turns out to be shit for them and his value bottoms out.

Just now, JimJams said:

OR he either barely features for them as he's just being used as cheap back up in case of injuries and his price plummets further. OR he turns out to be shit for them and his value bottoms out.

Or that. lol

On 27/06/2023 at 08:16, Finnegan said:

Why are you comparing Lloyd Dyer to Patson Daka? They have and require very different skill sets hence why they play in  different positions. 

I mean, Ritchie De Laet was also fast are we going to compare him too? 

Dyer being a better dribbler than Daka isn't a gotcha, Vards can't really dribble for toffee either. But Lloyd Dyer couldn't hit a barn door, he had permanent 50p boots and his shooting was an actual meme even with fans that liked him. 

Where as Patson Daka is the most consistently, statistically, accurate striker at the club.

Apples and oranges. 

Saying Lloyd Dyer couldn’t hit a barn door is unbelievably harsh. He was a great player for Leicester. 

I was wrong about Praet, so more than willing to accept being wrong about Daka eventually, BUT... I still believe there is a very good striker in there, and think if he is paired with Iheanacho sat just behind him, then these two will score 20+ each in the Championship for us. 

• Like 1