Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He is very similar to Iheanacho in terms of mentality, which is why I think both may stay, or at least won't be pushing to leave. 

I really believe that if we play Daka and Iheanacho each week, they could form a very effective partnership and score a lot of goals for us this season. 

Worth holding onto both IMO. Saves us searching for a striker and a new partnership. 

Vardy as supersub, and just keep swimming.

If the plan fails, then Enzo can change things completely next year.

Just now, filthyfox said:

Vardy as supersub, and just keep swimming.

If the plan fails, then Enzo can change things completely next year.

I'd move Vardy on personally, and bring in an exciting loan striker as our 3rd option, but if Vardy wants to stay, then he has earned that right and then some! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

We are going to be playing a new system and type of football. Why are some people confident that this won't suit him, cos he had a poor last season?

He's a counter attacking on the shoulder striker rather than a possession based striker who will drop back to link play, surely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

he was a success in germanys top division so  that tells you there’s something in him. Wether he’s suited to the English game is another thing…  but I’d like to see him play in a team winning games and doing well. If he fires blanks in that set up then it’s fair to cut our losses.

impersonally believe with decent wingers,  he’d thrive. But we might not be playing that style..

Not sure the map was redrawn post War World 2 for Germany to annex Austria 

• Haha 4

All 3 of our strikers are very good and I would fancy any of them to score a bag full in the Championship, especially with the manager we just hired.

But wages are a big issue. If we play one striker up top, then even with rotation, can you justify having a player on 70K a week on the bench in the Championship? (140K in Vardy's case).

• Like 2

On 28/06/2023 at 22:57, Jakemoore said:

Christ Ian Stringer is a great commentator. A bit of a knob by all accounts but that guys voice never broke. Owen Palmer-Atkin just doesn’t live up to it. 

I was just thinking how much I hated his commentary while watching that clip. He seemed to commentate on goals with end of season montages in mind. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I was just thinking how much I hated his commentary while watching that clip. He seemed to commentate on goals with end of season montages in mind. 

Yep, dreadful and forced.

Feel much the same way about Tyler's commentary for Vardy's 11 goal record. Terrible.

Just now, Rain King said:

Yep, dreadful and forced.

Feel much the same way about Tyler's commentary for Vardy's 11 goal record. Terrible.

I think Tyler's for Vardy has suffered from being repeated so often. Strings really tried to conjure up iconic bits of commentary e.g. "allez les bleus" which wouldn't have been too bad if he didn't try it almost every game and if he'd actually spent the rest of the game successfully telling us what was going on. 

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think Tyler's for Vardy has suffered from being repeated so often. Strings really tried to conjure up iconic bits of commentary e.g. "allez les bleus" which wouldn't have been too bad if he didn't try it almost every game and if he'd actually spent the rest of the game successfully telling us what was going on. 

But it was terrible from that moment. Could tell he'd written it down ready to say.

3 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

We are going to be playing a new system and type of football. Why are some people confident that this won't suit him, cos he had a poor last season?

Because all his attributes seem to be piss poor I should think

With the early days of nacho, loads on here were calling him garbage, but I was arguing different, I’d seen the goals he’d scored in pre-seasons and they seemed pin point accuracy, my thoughts was the guy had an eye for goal, a natural talent that would come good, I’ve not seen this with Daka, he has a record of goal scoring to his name, but we haven’t witnessed a wow moment with him as yet. If we could sell and replace with Piroe for a similar fee, I’d be all over that

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's a counter attacking on the shoulder striker rather than a possession based striker who will drop back to link play, surely. 

So was Haaland, who was also a fox in the box, which Patson also is (he’s better when no time to think) and Man City made it work and scored loads of goals when Haaland ran from deep. 

let’s just give him a chance, he has bags of potential and if we move the ball quicker, those opportunities will come. Don’t forget how slow and turgid BR made us in the last 18 months