Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

So was Haaland, who was also a fox in the box, which Patson also is (he’s better when no time to think) and Man City made it work and scored loads of goals when Haaland ran from deep. 

let’s just give him a chance, he has bags of potential and if we move the ball quicker, those opportunities will come. Don’t forget how slow and turgid BR made us in the last 18 months 

Please never compare Daka to Halland again... Haaland is elite with an all round game. Daka is a goalscorer who hasn't learnt to play football. 

However I take your point, but would prefer at this point we cut our losses on Daka and get a player with a lower ceiling but higher floor who can actually control a ball passed into feet without losing it or without falling over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

The Daka-Haaland comparison is an easy one to make, considering that they played for the same club, in the same team of players, in the same system, in the same role, and Daka's numbers were only just shy of Haaland's.

It's more than possible that his poor performances have been down to us assuming that he's a 1-1 replacement for Vardy, giving him instructions to play exactly like him, at a time when we've not been playing a system that benefits the actual Vardy.

He is not a quarter of the player Vardy is and not a tenth of Haaland. 

• Like 3

If Maresca plays a high press ,possession football , Daka's lack of physical presence may tell against him. Like Vardy and Barnes he prefers space to work with. We still need a powerful striker , its the general rule in the Championship.

Was not the slightest bit impressed by him  after his stint in the Prem with us, kept hoping he'd do well but never seemed to push on past a certain point, not fast enough, not strong enough and poor decision making all in one neat package, still, maybe he might do something at this level :dunno:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

I think he'll do well.

How well do people think he'll fit in with Maresca?  @StriderHiryu  @Ric Flair @moore_94

Maresca spent last season at Man City where they very easily adapted their style of play from favouring a false 9 to adapting to fit in an absolute outright 9 with a similar statistical profile to Patson Daka. 

Obviously Man City are much better than us and Haaland is much better than Daka but then we're going to be in the Championship. 

At the end of the day, Daka consistently matches his xG and finds a lot of space in the box to take chances. If the team gets on the front foot and creates a reasonable amount then he'll thrive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Strikers doing better in the Championship I think is more to do with the fact more chances are created rather than them just being technically better than everyone else.  For example, if you put Haaland in the Plymouth side he might struggle to hit 10 goals in a season where he'd probably hit 50 with us. It's the same with our strikers - naturally we'll be dominating more games meaning that rather than having 1 or 2 chances a game like they might expect in the Premier League they now might be getting 5+. Over a season this means their tally is going to be much higher. 

I don't think it's about finding a level as an individual it's more finding the level as a team allowing the strikers to bag for fun. 

Having good wingers and a solid midfield is more important IMO. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

Problem with Daka is his physicality or lack of. The phrase soft under belly was used repeatedly about the side last season. Coady will hopefully bring a bit of steel into play but don't see a lot of that in the squad. Could get bullied in a lot of games.

• Like 1

I'm worried about Vardy being well, sadly - done.

I'm also concerned about Daka not being a consistent enough striker in his finishing. (His goal celebration of being so surprised when the ball does go in the net needs to perhaps change from looking less surprised which would give me more confidence perhaps.)

Nacho is Nacho - good egg, some poor decision making, sometimes a terrible first touch and lack of vision and sometimes bangs them in and I think he can do this - but then looks completely inconsistent again for a match or two.

Yeah it's the Championship but can these guys above deliver a promotion amount of goals for us?

Really not sure.

10 minutes ago, jerry said:

Problem with Daka is his physicality or lack of. The phrase soft under belly was used repeatedly about the side last season. Coady will hopefully bring a bit of steel into play but don't see a lot of that in the squad. Could get bullied in a lot of games.

Size matters, even Pep has seen the benefit of having a heavyweight core in Stones ,Rodri and Haaland . Some are still in thrall to 2010 Barcelona and that won't happen again.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Maresca spent last season at Man City where they very easily adapted their style of play from favouring a false 9 to adapting to fit in an absolute outright 9 with a similar statistical profile to Patson Daka. 

Obviously Man City are much better than us and Haaland is much better than Daka but then we're going to be in the Championship. 

At the end of the day, Daka consistently matches his xG and finds a lot of space in the box to take chances. If the team gets on the front foot and creates a reasonable amount then he'll thrive. 

Daka seems bereft of confidence and we've already seen glimpses of a very dangerous striker. RB don't buy players without thorough scouting and I know he was a 'recruitment team' find in the hope of replacing the GOATS runs & shot conversions - obviously Vardy is near enough impossible to replace but I think Daka does need a chance. Keep. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WoodyFox said:

Whether or not it’s him running his account but posted a pic of himself in the new kit 

Would not be surprised at all if he wants to stay this season, especially if he is given the impression he will be our starting striker. 

If he scores 20+ goals this season, then his stock will quickly rise again. 

19 hours ago, Nick said:

concerned about Daka not being a consistent enough striker in his finishing

ac0aca60-fc75-46ad-92a2-f7abe34902b3_tex

But oh hell, I'll oblige. 

Patson Daka is the most consistently accurate finisher of our strikers being the only one of the three to outperform is xG in both of the two years he's been here. 

bart-say.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1