Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I said he'd be in the top 3 strikers in the world inside 18 months. 

Fairly sure you mentioned £100m, but someway short whether it was £100m, top 3 striker in 18 months or both.

After Daka and Tete is there a reason why I should believe any of your analyses on players? ;)

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Fairly sure you mentioned £100m, but someway short whether it was £100m, top 3 striker in 18 months or both.

After Daka and Tete is there a reason why I should believe any of your analyses on players? ;)

Not on players that end up here, mainly because we are an absolute graveyard of a club the last two seasons. 

However a good chunk of my suggestions that go elsewhere do well. 😂

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm working on the assumption that it's a reflection of the fact I'm not the only one bored of seeing (in all walks of life, not just pertaining to football) a vocal minority on the internet celebrate their own ignorance and treat facts and statistics with contempt. 

Unfortunately, the last decade or so has emboldened a lot of these people who fall in to the trap of believing that just because they're louder than everyone else that they must also be more numerous and thus righteous. 

I'd say if you tally up all the reputation given to comments (not just mine) defending Daka and compare it to the handful that feel the need to throw him abuse at every opportunity, you'll quickly come to realise that you're a lot more alone than you realise. 

You can convince yourself that we're all sheep, if that's easier for your self esteem, and that you're the real football genius that sees the truth of things. We call this the Col (formerly Thracian) Defence. 

But you should know the rest of us aren't crediting you with the same vision and intellect. 

(Was this condescending and arrogant enough for you? I'd hate to let you down now that you've gotten my attention.)

For a moment when i started reading your post i felt as if Thracian wrote it. :wave::D

• Haha 2

He's been here two seasons, both of which we were honking as a footballing side. 

Jamie Vardy was shocking in his first season for us. He was shocking for us last year, too. 

There's no reason why Daka can't turn up this season and tear the league up.

He was clearly drained of confidence by the end of last season, but that'll happen to a young lad scrapping for minutes and watching the game unfold at the other end of the pitch the few times you do get on.

Our fans are stupid, what's new?

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3

Daka lacks aggression and strength in my opinion. He's proven he has the instinct to score. Just getting there is the problem. He gets knocked off the ball too easily. If he gets a stronger core, I think he'll be good. Most of his goals aren't flukes, they are decent finishes. 

I still quite like him, but I understand why people don't rate him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm working on the assumption that it's a reflection of the fact I'm not the only one bored of seeing (in all walks of life, not just pertaining to football) a vocal minority on the internet celebrate their own ignorance and treat facts and statistics with contempt. 

Unfortunately, the last decade or so has emboldened a lot of these people who fall in to the trap of believing that just because they're louder than everyone else that they must also be more numerous and thus righteous.

I'd say if you tally up all the reputation given to comments (not just mine) defending Daka and compare it to the handful that feel the need to throw him abuse at every opportunity, you'll quickly come to realise that you're a lot more alone than you realise. 

You can convince yourself that we're all sheep, if that's easier for your self esteem, and that you're the real football genius that sees the truth of things. We call this the Col (formerly Thracian) Defence. 

But you should know the rest of us aren't crediting you with the same vision and intellect. 

(Was this condescending and arrogant enough for you? I'd hate to let you down now that you've gotten my attention.)

I really hope you write this stuff with a firm tongue in your cheek. 

I read this paragraph (very) recently and it really reminded me of you.. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I really hope you write this stuff with a firm tongue in your cheek. 

I read this paragraph (very) recently and it really reminded me of you.. 

He's really really angry! 🤣

Guest nathan.
6 hours ago, Daggers said:

Magnificent creatures, apes

Im struggling to see the funny side of that comment.

9 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Have you got friends and family on here or multiple accounts? You seem to get a lot of trophy likes for your condescending & dismissive replies to other foxestalk users. 😂 

For me an assessment of Daka is quite simple based on his key stat as a striker. He simply hasn’t scored anywhere near enough goals. 

No a lot of people just think you are wrong :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1