Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

Not made my mind up on Daka just yet, but I don't think Rodgers slow build up, possession based style of football suited neither Daka or Vardy.  Both players that look for quick balls into space to be at their most effective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Daka must stay.

He will be getting 30 + goals next season.

So what he didn't have a great 1st season in the premier league.

I also remember Vardy having a absolute shit 1st season when he came to us his 1st season in the premier league was dog shit aswell.

Need to keep him and he is one of the key players wo build the team around 

The decision of his suitability for the Managers plans, his potential and actual ability lies firmly with the manager thankfully .  Tbh if decisions  were made based on opinions of posters on FT we'd be in the conference 🤣

52 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Daka must stay.

I also remember Vardy having a absolute shit 1st season when he came to us his 1st season in the premier league was dog shit aswell.

Maybe (although you’re stretching any sense of reality at 30) 

but just as likely he struggles to get double figures 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Daka must stay.

And what about his 2nd premier league season? lol

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Daka must stay.

I need the drugs your on 🤣

On 07/07/2023 at 10:07, Fox85 said:

Daka must stay.

Problem is he was shit in his second season too, and I don’t see him getting more than 15 at best in championship he’s garbage

15 minutes ago, Rich77 said:

Problem is he was shit in his second season too, and I don’t see him getting more than 15 at best in championship he’s garbage

I think a lot of people will come back to this and say they hold their hands uo they were wrong.

A lot of players were shit under BR not just Daka.

Daka out performed Halaand and people are so quick to write him off. However a lot of Leicester Fans are fickle anyway.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

I think a lot of people will come back to this and say they hold their hands uo they were wrong.

A lot of players were shit under BR not just Daka.

Daka out performed Halaand and people are so quick to write him off. However a lot of Leicester Fans are fickle anyway.

that is what gets me, he was alright in his first season imo, and off it last season, but if anyone looks how we played last season etc + rodgers tactics 

would have been hard for Haaland to get 15 goals; and over the last 18 months BR hadnt progressed anyone except Maddison and his tactics went backwards too

if im correct, people on here where calling Vardy not good enough when he gave away that penalty at home against Boro(that home game with all the snow about).....so fickle aint the word

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, HankMarvin said:

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Roma executive Tiago Pinto is still in contact with Patson Daka’s entourage.

He might want to contact the Club at some stage......

11 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Didn't we used to call that tapping up? 

Yes. But literally everyone in the world does it. 

How many times have you read "personal terms have been agreed with the player but now the clubs have to settle on a fee" etc. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jamfox said:

New manager , new tactics, new League

The guy was scoring for fun at a lower level before he came to us, he's also undeniably blessed with electric pace, I say give him a chance in the championship..

👍I think this applies to a lot of players who have been frozen out by BR. 

We lose 15m off our positive ffp column if we sell via amortisation of his original purchase 

so we’d need to sell for a very decent amount to make it a worthwhile deal to do - in patson’s case we may be better off with a loan where the loan fee pretty much covers the £5m amortisation being written off this season.  Taking his wages off the books is the bonus 

selling players within two years of buying them is rarely financially sensible - hence leeds loaning many of theirs out 

• Like 2