Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

22 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

My interpretation of St Albans post was that if the remaining amortised value for Daka is circa £15m spread over the next 3 year's, then even if we received the full £15m this season it creates a problem as whilst the balance sheet will look healthy this FY we'll still have circa £5m going out in FYs 24/25, and 25/26, hence why a loan might be more beneficial as the loan fee covers the majority of the amortised cost during each FY. Likewise if the buyer pays in 3 installments over the next 3 year's those holes in the balance sheet should be plugged (albeit if we received a fee of £10m, we'd effectively show a loss of circa £1.66m in each of those years). Of course if we shift his wages off the wage bill that is a saving in itself which should offset some of the projected future losses. 

I'm not accountant so might have completely misunderstood, but that was take on the situation. 

...much like depreciation, once the £15m is received there are no longer entries to go on the balance sheet for the existing years that would have been part of the amortisation!!!

The plan is to show it on the balance sheet at its original value and apply the yearly agreed amortised amount each year to offset the original value. 

Much like a loan, you may have agreed to pay it back over a certain period of time at an agreed amount. Should you receive a windfall and paid it all back within a shorter period, you have no liability for the upcoming years that you would have been repaying the debt.

11 hours ago, Turtle27 said:

There’s a decent footballer in there somewhere. Let’s hope a season in the Championship and Maresca are the key to unlock it 🤞🤞🤞🤞

There's a very instinctive striker in there somewhere, but I'm not sure about decent footballer. 

Daka reminds me a bit of Fryatt. Give him a split second in front of goal, he'll at least hit the target. Give him time to think and too many options then all of a sudden he turns into a 5 years old in a sweet shop and can't make his mind up and will most likely choose the wrong option, panic and lose all composure 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Claridge said:

He doesn’t have electric pace at all. Quickish, but poor anticipation makes him seem slower

That's not what defenders or managers say , and it's also not what's on him FIFA card either 

Anticipation wise you might have a point 

5 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

I think it’s time to give up on this Donkey. I haven’t seen anything from him in the majority of games he’s played for us. I feel it’s time to get rid! He’s not even championship level! 

Thing is every body keeps saying "get rid" about a number of players. Not a single one of them is going to sacrifice a penny to please us. They have their livelihood to protect.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There's a very instinctive striker in there somewhere, but I'm not sure about decent footballer. 

Daka reminds me a bit of Fryatt. Give him a split second in front of goal, he'll at least hit the target. Give him time to think and too many options then all of a sudden he turns into a 5 years old in a sweet shop and can't make his mind up and will most likely choose the wrong option, panic and lose all composure 

Fryatt had far less pace than Daka but far better technique. He was a good footballer. Irrespective of the stats that are used to suggest he’s been a good player for LCFC, the eyes don’t lie when it comes to Daka - he still looks way off it. 

• Like 4

Daka can’t win. Bad season and all those slating him will be saying ‘ToLd U hE wOz CrAp’. 

If he scores 30 and wins the league top goalscorer, the same people will refuse to accept they were wrong and it’ll then be ‘He HaS fOuNd HiS lEvEl, NoT gOoD eNuF fOr ThE pReM’ :dunno:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wignalll2007 said:

Where have you seen evidence of that? 

This. 

At this point, I'd only accept seeing Daka personally put 4 goals past a team in one game at a Europa league level before I'll believe that he has the potential to do any good in the Championship. 

No, wait..! Erm, I mean 5! Yeah 5...

• Haha 2

Musa Mk2.

Certainly doesn't suit the way we play. I'm yet to see any real evidence there's a footballer in there. His Moscow was was Musas pre season Barca.

Today showed he can't hold the ball up I'd have nacho up there over daka all day long.

Of we can get half out money back I'd be impressed.

• Like 4

One of the frustrating things I find with Daka is when he is closing down and pressing a defender on the ball he curves his run so he can run behind the defender rather than facing him up and making him pass or try and use some skill. Daka curves his run, opens the front door and the defender runs forward with Daka now chasing him from behind. It never works, the defender knows where he is. It gives the defender free space to pass or run forward. I don’t know why he does it or why 3 managers now have not  told him to stop it. It’s almost Barnesesque in the ‘going through the motions’ approach to pressing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

This. 

At this point, I'd only accept seeing Daka personally put 4 goals past a team in one game at a Europa league level before I'll believe that he has the potential to do any good in the Championship. 

No, wait..! Erm, I mean 5! Yeah 5...

What, so your evidence is the fact he scored 5 goals in one europa game 🤣

I think week in week out is a better test! 

He goes in the slimani and musa signings pile for me. If we really did sign him for close to £30m it’s been awful business, can’t do the basics right and doesn’t have an aura about him nor do centrebacks seem fearful. I’m fearful of what price we’ll get for him as I wouldn’t personally pay £10m never mind £30m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Daka can’t win. Bad season and all those slating him will be saying ‘ToLd U hE wOz CrAp’. 

If he scores 30 and wins the league top goalscorer, the same people will refuse to accept they were wrong and it’ll then be ‘He HaS fOuNd HiS lEvEl, NoT gOoD eNuF fOr ThE pReM’ :dunno:

pretty much it as well on Daka; so many slating him for last season when if you look at it, wtf did we really create for our forwards, we was shocking

dont get me wrong he wasnt the best striker at the club last season, that was Kel, but he was better than Vardy

and lets be right, hes hardly had a run of games for us, its always been 2 or 3 then out

and if he does well this season it would be a fluke or hes found his level

then again as mentioned before; a good number of people calling daka are more than likely the same ones who called Vardy(after that Boro game when we was in the championship when it almost got called off cos of snow) and Kel before too;

so the poor bloke cant win either way, 

fickle aint the word here

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

pretty much it as well on Daka; so many slating him for last season when if you look at it, wtf did we really create for our forwards, we was shocking

dont get me wrong he wasnt the best striker at the club last season, that was Kel, but he was better than Vardy

and lets be right, hes hardly had a run of games for us, its always been 2 or 3 then out

and if he does well this season it would be a fluke or hes found his level

then again as mentioned before; a good number of people calling daka are more than likely the same ones who called Vardy(after that Boro game when we was in the championship when it almost got called off cos of snow) and Kel before too;

so the poor bloke cant win either way, 

fickle aint the word here

It’s not just last season though is it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought he did ok today. Willing runner, pressing and working for the team. He was incredibly isolated today, which was a huge problem last season as well. We also missed some opportunities to release it to him more quickly as well 

We need to get the front players closer together. 

9 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

It’s not just last season though is it? 

So 2021/22? The season that was his first in England, where he scored 5 and assisted 3 (8 contributions), in the equivalent minutes of less than 13 games, many off the bench. That season?

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

So 2021/22? The season that was his first in England, where he scored 5 and assisted 3 (8 contributions), in the equivalent minutes of less than 13 games, many off the bench. That season?

Yeh that season, you reel off those stats as if they are impressive. 😂For a £30m signing, the minutes on the pitch, the goals and the assists are all underwhelming.