Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

24 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

It’s not just last season though is it? 

not really a good number where moaning about him last season

10 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh that season, you reel off those stats as if they are impressive. 😂For a £30m signing, the minutes on the pitch, the goals and the assists are all underwhelming. 

i dont think he was £30mil, thought it was around the £22mil mark

with the service i do think he'd do well for us

46 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

not really a good number where moaning about him last season

i dont think he was £30mil, thought it was around the £22mil mark

with the service i do think he'd do well for us

Ok. For a player who cost us £23m I don’t think he has done anything other than underwhelm in a Leicester shirt. Statistically he hasn’t been great and with our own eyes it’s very difficult to say anything other than Patson has been underwhelming for LCFC overall. BTW, what service does he need? He played with Maddison, Tielemans & Barnes and couldn’t get enough goals. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Statistically he hasn’t been great and with our own eyes it’s very difficult to say anything other than Patson has been underwhelming for LCFC overall.

Them's be dangerous words around these here parts...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Ok. For a player who cost us £23m I don’t think he has done anything other than underwhelm in a Leicester shirt. Statistically he hasn’t been great and with our own eyes it’s very difficult to say anything other than Patson has been underwhelming for LCFC overall. BTW, what service does he need? He played with Maddison, Tielemans & Barnes and couldn’t get enough goals. 

Exactly this.  If he wasn’t banging them in with them 3 supplying, just give him his BFH and call it a day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Exactly this.  If he wasn’t banging them in with them 3 supplying, just give him his BFH and call it a day.

You should probably stick to pithy one liners about your masturbatory habits, they are quite funny. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Verumex said:

He played at a time when Tielemans plummeted in form, Barnes had been told to focus more on dropping back and Maddison had been specifically instructed to be more selfish. 

The system as a whole got more and more defensive over the last two years, and the gap between midfield and our forwards got bigger and bigger. 

Vardy couldn't get a goal in this system, Iheanacho couldn't get a goal in this system, so why oh why is Daka the only problem??

When he came he was scoring for fun. in his last club he was scoring for fun. Is it possible, maybe, that Rodgers and his increasingly backwards focused formation was the problem?

yep but some of our fans would rather blame the players, 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

you could say that for most of the players we signed the last 18 months under BR, and of course he hasnt been great, id say hes been average, then again for the time hes been here, id say thats like the vast majority of the team weve had

as Ive said before people will moan about it, like they do every striker we have; 

Daka will go elsewhere and start scoring again and we get someone else in and the same ones moaning will be moaning we should have kept him, kind of like kramaric

if people didnt notice the way the clubs formation and general tactics went backwards the last 18 months under rodgers then its a poor tale, as before then Vardy was doing incredibly well then pop

and we cant rely on Vardy forever and a day, as its easy to see hes not got long left in his football career

• Like 4

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh that season, you reel off those stats as if they are impressive. 😂For a £30m signing, the minutes on the pitch, the goals and the assists are all underwhelming. 

I see your inflated transfer fee has already been put right :thumbup:

He played the equivalent of 12.83 games that season. Times that by 3 is 38.5 so basically he played a third of a season but without consistent game time being in and out, off the bench etc. 

So my question to you is, how would you view 15 goals and 9 assists over a full season playing every game?

For context, 8 players from non ‘rich 6’ clubs have scored 15 or more in the last 5 seasons (Vardy has done it 4 times). 

So no, the goal contributions are not that bad in context. If you don’t think minutes on the pitch has a direct correlation to the amount a goals and assists a player should provide I can’t help you :dunno:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

He played at a time when Tielemans plummeted in form, Barnes had been told to focus more on dropping back and Maddison had been specifically instructed to be more selfish. 

The system as a whole got more and more defensive over the last two years, and the gap between midfield and our forwards got bigger and bigger. 

Vardy couldn't get a goal in this system, Iheanacho couldn't get a goal in this system, so why oh why is Daka the only problem??

When he came he was scoring for fun. in his last club he was scoring for fun. Is it possible, maybe, that Rodgers and his increasingly backwards focused formation was the problem?

Well when he did get the ball today most of the time he gave it away, schoolboy style. Not the only one by any means. But if you can't do your job and create or score, at least contribute in some other way. He doesn't even do that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squidsworth said:

Well when he did get the ball today most of the time he gave it away, schoolboy style. Not the only one by any means. But if you can't do your job and create or score, at least contribute in some other way. He doesn't even do that. 

And he was up there, mostly alone, lacking fitness, against Liverpool. 

I really don't see how that's a fair sample of evidence. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Verumex said:

And he was up there, mostly alone, lacking fitness, against Liverpool. 

I really don't see how that's a fair sample of evidence. 

Maybe not but show me the evidence from the last two years that shows anything to the contrary. We can't design a team around a player who has shown very little in his time here. One of many, sadly, who had plenty of chances to shine but didn't. Will be glad to see him go, or make me eat my words, I don't mind which. 

• Like 1

He has no first touch (or second), as soon as the ball reaches him to hold it up it bounces off him or the opposition win it straight back.

Unless we are going to play to his strengths with balls along the floor for him to run onto there is no point keeping him or if he stays giving him a start. We did try to play a couple of balls through today but he can’t keep onside either..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Maybe not but show me the evidence from the last two years that shows anything to the contrary. We can't design a team around a player who has shown very little in his time here. One of many, sadly, who had plenty of chances to shine but didn't. Will be glad to see him go, or make me eat my words, I don't mind which. 

Screenshot_20230730_224330.jpg

Screenshot_20230730_224352.jpg

To add to this, in the last season he played only two full games of football in the Premier League. One of them he was out of position as Left Winger, in the other one, he got one goal and one assist.

Edited by Verumex
  • Like 1

He might improve but why is it taking him so long? New country maybe. Poor season for everyone overall, BR influence all could be factors. Chris Woods impact straight away, Iwan Roberts, Mike Newell, Mahrez, Kante, Alan Smith, Lennon. Must be loads more. All hit the ground running. Their technique/desire/work rate was evident quite quickly imo. I hope Daka shows us more. He looks like an honest player.

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I see your inflated transfer fee has already been put right :thumbup:

He played the equivalent of 12.83 games that season. Times that by 3 is 38.5 so basically he played a third of a season but without consistent game time being in and out, off the bench etc. 

So my question to you is, how would you view 15 goals and 9 assists over a full season playing every game?

For context, 8 players from non ‘rich 6’ clubs have scored 15 or more in the last 5 seasons (Vardy has done it 4 times). 

So no, the goal contributions are not that bad in context. If you don’t think minutes on the pitch has a direct correlation to the amount a goals and assists a player should provide I can’t help you :dunno:

He only played the equivalent of 12.83 games at a cost of £23m because he didn’t do enough in his time on the pitch to justify more. If he’d come on and contributed to play, looked dangerous on the ball and pressed effectively off the ball he would’ve got more game time. If his technique was better he could’ve also perhaps had more opportunities elsewhere along the front line - maybe filled the right sided attacking role. 

3 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

He might improve but why is it taking him so long? New country maybe. Poor season for everyone overall, BR influence all could be factors. Chris Woods impact straight away, Iwan Roberts, Mike Newell, Mahrez, Kante, Alan Smith, Lennon. Must be loads more. All hit the ground running. Their technique/desire/work rate was evident quite quickly imo. I hope Daka shows us more. He looks like an honest player.

I'd argue he did hit the ground running. He joined in the summer of 2021, and had a few small token appearances at the end of games, scoring once against Man Utd in a 13 minute appearance, before getting his first start. He played for 78 minutes and got an assist, before playing the full 90 the following game against Newcastle where he scored and assisted.

He then sat out the two games across Christmas against Man City and Liverpool, before scoring again in the following two.

He went 4 games without getting on the score sheet after that, only one being a full 90 minutes, before being benched and seeing his playing time dropped dramatically. The next time he had a couple of games where he was allowed to play for more 20 minutes he scored in the following game.

And at that point Rodgers had started the regression of his system, focusing more on possession without purpose, and isolating the forward players with a deep midfield.

Looking at the figures, he started pretty well, and I've not mentioned his Europa League goals.

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

There’s a player in there and I’ll defend him til the cows come home just like I did with Iheanacho when he was getting dogs abuse before hitting form for us. 

I'm a Daka fan but you also think Dennis Praet is worth keeping hold of despite the fact he wears crocs for boots

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

yep but some of our fans would rather blame the players, 

you could say that for most of the players we signed the last 18 months under BR, and of course he hasnt been great, id say hes been average, then again for the time hes been here, id say thats like the vast majority of the team weve had

as Ive said before people will moan about it, like they do every striker we have; 

Daka will go elsewhere and start scoring again and we get someone else in and the same ones moaning will be moaning we should have kept him, kind of like kramaric

if people didnt notice the way the clubs formation and general tactics went backwards the last 18 months under rodgers then its a poor tale, as before then Vardy was doing incredibly well then pop

and we cant rely on Vardy forever and a day, as its easy to see hes not got long left in his football career

There was never a debate that Kramaric didn’t have the technique or quality though. He left because he wasn’t happy with his game time. He did however contribute to general play, Daka doesn’t do that. I agree though that many players have dropped off in the last two years under Rodgers. Daka though has never really had that peak to drop from, he’s just consistently underwhelmed. That hasn’t yet changed in this pre season. If he stays I hope finally smashes it in The Championship. I just wish his general play allowed him to maximise any limited opportunities he gets. At the moment he doesn’t help himself with his control, his holding up of the ball or his pressing off the ball. 

11 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I'd argue he did hit the ground running. He joined in the summer of 2021, and had a few small token appearances at the end of games, scoring once against Man Utd in a 13 minute appearance, before getting his first start. He played for 78 minutes and got an assist, before playing the full 90 the following game against Newcastle where he scored and assisted.

He then sat out the two games across Christmas against Man City and Liverpool, before scoring again in the following two.

He went 4 games without getting on the score sheet after that, only one being a full 90 minutes, before being benched and seeing his playing time dropped dramatically. The next time he had a couple of games where he was allowed to play for more 20 minutes he scored in the following game.

And at that point Rodgers had started the regression of his system, focusing more on possession without purpose, and isolating the forward players with a deep midfield.

Looking at the figures, he started pretty well, and I've not mentioned his Europa League goals.

Fair enough reference figures but he's not convinced me as yet. Overall, in his general ability as a footballer, he hasn't made me think that he's got what it takes. He hasn't made me think 'great - Daka's playing today'. Hopefully he will.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Screenshot_20230730_224330.jpg

Screenshot_20230730_224352.jpg

To add to this, in the last season he played only two full games of football in the Premier League. One of them he was out of position as Left Winger, in the other one, he got one goal and one assist.

He said evidence from the last two years. The Austrian bundesliga is 3 & 4 years ago! 

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

He said evidence from the last two years. The Austrian bundesliga is 3 & 4 years ago! 

So you're ignoring the other stuff?

And why is his early good form not relevant? My argument is that he's been stifled by Rodgers' system, stats from him playing in another system is absolutely worth discussing. 

Edited by Verumex