Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

10 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Sorry,he's shite.

He's got a terrible touch and no strength .

Since you've ignored all of my arguments I'll ignore all of yours. 

Oh, wait, you've not even given any, just baseless negativity. 

Let me guess, he doesn't pass the "sight test"?

7 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

I'm sure all the Daka haters would love to be proven wrong if it means success for Leicester.

Some maybe, but there are many who would rather die on the sword of their argument than admit to being wrong.

As I have said further up this thread, if he has an excellent season and say, won the leagues golden boot, there will be a lot more ‘hmm he found his level, still not good enough for the Prem’ than there will ‘hand up, I was wrong’, he really is what we thought we were getting now’.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Some maybe, but there are many who would rather die on the sword of their argument than admit to being wrong.

As I have said further up this thread, if he has an excellent season and say, won the leagues golden boot, there will be a lot more ‘hmm he found his level, still not good enough for the Prem’ than there will ‘hand up, I was wrong’, he really is what we thought we were getting now’.

plus lets not hide the fact ones calling Daka are ones who probably said Vardy isnt good enough in his first season at the club and call Kel crap too

if we signed Piroe, pretty sure theyd be calling him crap etc with a month

fully believe given time and the right service Daka will come good, already shown it in spells, when the services is there for him most the time he puts it away

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, nabb7 said:

The thing stopping me from writing Daka off, is the fact that I completely wrote Kel off after his first couple seasons. I was certain he was a waste of space and wanted him offloaded - dreadful touch, no pace, wasted chances - then he saved our season and I've been enamoured ever since!

It'd be great for Daka to have a similar revival

thats the thing for me, i know i wrote Kel off at times during his first 18 months with us but he shown in glimpse what he could do with; 

Patson has been here 2 full season, and during that time Rodgers tactics went backwards for the most part, you could see it towards the end of the season before daka came in, slow build up play give the oppo team chance to get back into formation etc; oh and dont moan about his first touch, Kel's is just the same at times

but i guess its easier to blame daka than to actually see how incredibly poo rodgers tactics/ideas where for the last 18 months of his time at leciester

As ive said already within this thread, I fully believe Daka will come good for us, 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats the thing for me, i know i wrote Kel off at times during his first 18 months with us but he shown in glimpse what he could do with; 

Patson has been here 2 full season, and during that time Rodgers tactics went backwards for the most part, you could see it towards the end of the season before daka came in, slow build up play give the oppo team chance to get back into formation etc; oh and dont moan about his first touch, Kel's is just the same at times

but i guess its easier to blame daka than to actually see how incredibly poo rodgers tactics/ideas where for the last 18 months of his time at leciester

As ive said already within this thread, I fully believe Daka will come good for us, 

The difference is Kel, despite the stick he gets on here, is actually a very good footballer. He generally has very good technique bar the occasional mistake. It’s his decision making that sometimes goes wrong. Daka hasn’t demonstrated that all round ability in a LCFC shirt, maybe that will improve under Enzo. 

• Like 1

Hope I'm wrong! He's not shite then

(How's that)

Hope he scores a sack full and we get promoted.

I think if I wish it's true  enough, it might happen.

I'll wish really hard.

He's not shite it's just my eyes.

He's not shite it's just my eyes

He's not shite it's just my eyes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

The difference is Kel, despite the stick he gets on here, is actually a very good footballer. He generally has very good technique bar the occasional mistake. It’s his decision making that sometimes goes wrong. Daka hasn’t demonstrated that all round ability in a LCFC shirt, maybe that will improve under Enzo. 

...we have to be looking at playing him as a striker, not on the wings!!!

He has to learn to play in the structure that Enzo wants, so long as he is drilled into this one role, he could flourish. At this moment if you watch him on the pitch, he looks out of his depth and has little understanding of what is required of him out of position. Ndidi was the one breaking into the box having been played in, where was Daka in those situations?

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have to be looking at playing him as a striker, not on the wings!!!

He has to learn to play in the structure that Enzo wants, so long as he is drilled into this one role, he could flourish. At this moment if you watch him on the pitch, he looks out of his depth and has little understanding of what is required of him out of position. Ndidi was the one breaking into the box having been played in, where was Daka in those situations?

Not saying playing him on the wings but if he was more able to hold the ball up centrally, beat a man, pass and move, press effectively, then he would’ve got more game time. 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Not saying playing him on the wings but if he was more able to hold the ball up centrally, beat a man, pass and move, press effectively, then he would’ve got more game time. 

...are you applying the same traits to Vardy!!!

Take Press effectively out of the equation and Vardy does none of these things.

I think if it’s to work for him here, he needs the role to be a traditional no.9. His main attribute is breaking the offside trap, running in behind.

The way enjoy sets up, doesn’t really give much focus to this.

I really cant see him or Vardy getting lots of goals.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I think if it’s to work for him here, he needs the role to be a traditional no.9. His main attribute is breaking the offside trap, running in behind.

The way enjoy sets up, doesn’t really give much focus to this.

I really cant see him or Vardy getting lots of goals.

If its to work for him,it will be following relegation to league one!

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

If its to work for him,it will be following relegation to league one!

I think a manager playing to his strengths and it he would do ok but I’m just not convinced our manager is prepared to adjust his philosophy for that type of striker. 
So I do hope we get another forward in and he is sold.

If he doesn’t stand out at this level then we know we’ve signed a dud. I was willing to give him time but as last season went on he looked more and more out his depth in my opinion, and I’m still not sure if he’s as ‘rapid’ as he’s apparently meant to be. Certainly in the Prem he very rarely outpaced any defenders and as many have said is far too light weight, weak and wasteful in possession. It’s a huge season for him and he needs to show a lot more against significantly weaker opposition!

Edited by MalletFox

8 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If he can go one game without falling over of his own accord, i’ll admit I was wrong about him.

...the amount of times that he falls over is unreal, and yet he does nothing about it!!!

It is either a stud problem or a balance problem, either way, it can be resolved but every game he plays in, he will go over without contact.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are you applying the same traits to Vardy!!!

Take Press effectively out of the equation and Vardy does none of these things.

So yes there’s the press which is absolutely vital, the other is he’s scored 156 goals for us. He’s more likely to shoot than Daka and more likely to score! 

9 hours ago, Fox Genius said:

For me, Daka has only ever had a run of games in a dysfunctional team that JV couldn’t score in either.  Let’s see the team start functioning this season then judge him after that.

Has it ever occured to you he might be one of the dysfunctional players in our team

3 hours ago, MalletFox said:

If he doesn’t stand out at this level then we know we’ve signed a dud. I was willing to give him time but as last season went on he looked more and more out his depth in my opinion, and I’m still not sure if he’s as ‘rapid’ as he’s apparently meant to be. Certainly in the Prem he very rarely outpaced any defenders and as many have said is far too light weight, weak and wasteful in possession. It’s a huge season for him and he needs to show a lot more against significantly weaker opposition!

The whole bloody team looked out of their depth. Mate I’m even ready to give Vesty a second chance. What Bodgers did to the squad was unforgivable. Couldn’t have done it better if he was trying to wreck the club. 

• Like 2

On 04/08/2023 at 18:26, Verumex said:

That was against Spartak Moscow, they're not pushovers. 

If anything, that's more evidence to my point, when he came here he was a fantastic player. I really believe that he's been managed wrong, and that's the cause of his decline, just like a lot of our players. 

They were a bottom half Russian league side at the time, actually they were in a relegation battle but put up a bit of decent form to finish 12th at the end of the season.

I'm sorry but Spartak Moscow were pushovers at the time, they were objectively an extremely poor side. People see the name of an old established European club and think they must still be a good side and the best side in their respective country because they had a good side in the 80s. They certainly were a long way from a PL level side, they were barely a Russian top flight side.

Edited by Sampson