Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

19 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

The whole bloody team looked out of their depth. Mate I’m even ready to give Vesty a second chance. What Bodgers did to the squad was unforgivable. Couldn’t have done it better if he was trying to wreck the club. 

Agree with that to a point, but equally, I don’t think Daka has shown much ability full stop. Like I say, he’s apparently a greyhound … but I can very rarely recall him genuinely outpacing opposition players, that can’t really be put at Rodger’s door (yes training schedules etc to an extent maybe), but something as basic as that, I’ve just not seen enough of. And his general all round play isn’t good enough. Let’s see if it improves against much lesser opposition this season. Here’s hoping! 🤞🏻 

So after all these pages of disagreement, some wanting to give him a chance, others determined to write him off.

The conclusion is he is Schroedingers Pat and his football ability is either dead or alive and we will not know which until the box is opened (games get played).

So maybe we just wait and see?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Agree with that to a point, but equally, I don’t think Daka has shown much ability full stop. Like I say, he’s apparently a greyhound … but I can very rarely recall him genuinely outpacing opposition players, that can’t really be put at Rodger’s door (yes training schedules etc to an extent maybe), but something as basic as that, I’ve just not seen enough of. And his general all round play isn’t good enough. Let’s see if it improves against much lesser opposition this season. Here’s hoping! 🤞🏻 

Nope. Disagree. Judging a guy who has played bits here and bits there. Not having it mate. Record scorer in Europe for us - BEFORE his confidence was obliterated. It’s easy to pick a player and run with a narrative. Enough doing it with Ndidi. 

If he’s as shite as you seem to think would we get our money back? Anywhere near it? No. Contract is long enough. Far better to keep him and give him some actual runs in the side. If he finds his form he may return to something close what we paid for him. He, Nacho AND Vardy are all better than Piroe. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Nope. Disagree. Judging a guy who has played bits here and bits there. Not having it mate. Record scorer in Europe for us - BEFORE his confidence was obliterated. It’s easy to pick a player and run with a narrative. Enough doing it with Ndidi. 

If he’s as shite as you seem to think would we get our money back? Anywhere near it? No. Contract is long enough. Far better to keep him and give him some actual runs in the side. If he finds his form he may return to something close what we paid for him. He, Nacho AND Vardy are all better than Piroe. 

Agreed, people seem to forget that European spell. 

Had a great record in Austria...permitting it is Austria, was he set up for failure in BR's sideways game? probably.

Only thing we can do is sit and watch if he'll play/work in maresca's system, and if he scores loads in the championship.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

If its to work for him,it will be following relegation to league one!

My issue with posts like this, and this isn’t aimed specifically at you or even around Daka, is that if we somehow did get relegated again to League 1, I think this post comes back next year but with League 2 in place of 1. Just as some of our players were being called Championship standard last season but now we are here ourselves, suddenly they aren’t even good enough for the Championship.

9 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

So after all these pages of disagreement, some wanting to give him a chance, others determined to write him off.

The conclusion is he is Schroedingers Pat and his football ability is either dead or alive and we will not know which until the box is opened (games get played).

So maybe we just wait and see?

You know, it’s almost like some people like to come on a forum and pour scorn on people for having a discussion and opinions on things not yet happened.

It would be pretty quiet in here, if we were only allowed to discuss past and present goings on.

17 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You know, it’s almost like some people like to come on a forum and pour scorn on people for having a discussion and opinions on things not yet happened.

It would be pretty quiet in here, if we were only allowed to discuss past and present goings on.

Yeah…it was a post designed with humour in mind :rolleyes:

As long as it wouldn't completely **** up his pace, I do feel like he needs to focus on doing some strength work. That's if he wants to persist with the English leagues of course. My main criticism is how much I've seen him just bounce off defenders.

41 minutes ago, joeybside said:

Get Schrödingers Pat in on loan 

He would only be for the “Katze”

Some fans will want him because he’s still alive..

the others will argue and summize he’s dead on his paws

And the mechanic from Quantens will take over the club..

On 05/08/2023 at 23:45, ARM1968 said:

We’ll agree to disagree then amigo! We’ll see regards Daka (possibly), if he stays he should stand out head and shoulders above average Championship defenders, I hope he does …

And yes you’re right, I don’t expect that we will get anywhere near what we paid for him based on his output to date. It’s difficult to compare Daka to Piroe as completely different types of player. Piroe has approx 40 goals over the last 2 seasons, so if Daka is better then I look forward to seeing his 20+ goals this season in a team that I should imagine will create more opportunities for him than a mid-table Swansea side. 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

team that I should imagine will create more opportunities for him than a mid-table Swansea side

I mean one thing worth noting is we created very little for Vardy yesterday or for any of our strikers in pre-season. 

Chances are falling a lot to centre midfielders (Ndidi literally must have had the highest xG of anyone in the friendlies? Literally, not joking) and to the "wingers."

Suspect we'll see Mavididi and Rak Sayki played in to lots of space to attack the goal or pull it back to KDH/Praet/Casadei. With that in mind, the Piroe rumours make more sense if you forget his goals and consider him to probably be favoured for his hold up and link up play. 

I'm a big fan of forwards like Vardy and Daka, I love a poacher. But they require service and with every club in the league likely to low block us this year they might not get loads of it. 

We'll see. It's obviously very, very early days and we don't know what's going to unfold. But it definitely wouldn't surprise me if KDH or Mavididi have emerged as our top scorer by Octoberish. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Alan Nixon on Twitter: "Everton target speedy Daka https://t.co/QhwNzGo9YT" / X

image.png.7fb923438cda9d304b4a44b02bd042e2.png

pinch and salt

though some will be creaming themselves with such news

Can some ITKs get a message to the club to not under any circumstances do any sort of business with Everton unless we're serving them with legal action please.

• Like 3