Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

19 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

You seemed like you were saying that fans like me are wrong to criticise him, but he's been here two seasons and had plenty of games to show more than what he has. It's like you were saying how he proves us all wrong. I couldn't care less what he does when he leaves here, and I'm sure his attitude and everything is fine, he's just not good enough for the premier League at all in my opinion.

I won’t tell people what to think. You’re entitled to your view. I get it in the sense he hasn’t hit the heights so to speak.

But I also don’t expect people to tell me what opinion to have (not aimed at you). There seems to be people foaming at the mouth at anyone who sticks up for him. My view and that of others is that the whole club and management has been a mess and some players may have a new lease and come good. That’s our opinion.

But I wish him well and hope he does well as long as it’s not against us or at our expense like I said before.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

i saw a loose rumour about west ham. It read as more of an opinion than a link. 

They probably do need a striker though. 

when you buy your Scamacca replacement from Wish…

• Like 1

I don't think he's good enough, and definitely third choice for us, but if he goes that leaves us with just Vardy and Nacho. Would be wary of us getting by that thin on the ground. A younger striking option to replace Daka would be good.

I was up for selling Nacho before due to him being in the final year of his contract, but he looked much more suited to the system at the weekend. Would probably look to keep him unless a decent offer comes in.

• Like 1

This is one player I’d like us to keep hold of he’ll improve massively and thrive well under Maresca & Co I think this league could be the making of him and can’t see Vardy playing too much this season, didn’t think I’d ever say this but thought we played a lot better when Vardy went off thought we spread the ball around cleaner rather than keeper looking for the vardy pass !

Edited by justfoxes

Be glad to see the back of him. He's awful. He has had two seasons here now, and I know game times been limited, but he has been given opportunities and fails every time.

Biggest problem for me with him is his touch. He can't control a ball, run with the ball at feet or offload it therefore I cannot see how he fits in to the team. He's also extremely weak too

Most teams are going to sit deep and not have much space in behind, and that therefore nullifies what I see as his only strength.

That being said, he does always seem to give his all so can't fault what I perceive as his attitude, he just isn't good enough.

Goodbye Patson (I hope)

5 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Be glad to see the back of him. He's awful. He has had two seasons here now, and I know game times been limited, but he has been given opportunities and fails every time.

Biggest problem for me with him is his touch. He can't control a ball, run with the ball at feet or offload it therefore I cannot see how he fits in to the team. He's also extremely weak too

Most teams are going to sit deep and not have much space in behind, and that therefore nullifies what I see as his only strength.

That being said, he does always seem to give his all so can't fault what I perceive as his attitude, he just isn't good enough.

Goodbye Patson (I hope)

...this is where good coaching comes to the fore!!!

Would it be easier to coach him to what we need or better to bring in someone who already naturally plays the way we want him to? He plays very upright, doesn't seem to use his body and bends his knees to get a solid base to distribute his weight evenly. This accounts for his weakness on the ball, if you are constantly off-balance, then it does not take much to knock you off it.

We need him to play with his back to goal, need the ball to stick to him and have the ability to link the play either back to the midfield or to supply out wide and then get into the box and drop to the edge of the 6-yard box, where it is easier to be picked out.  He has continued to play the same way that he came in and it hasn't worked so he has to change his game and approach to how he plays.

Sometimes a player has to see for himself that something needs to change, you cannot wait for your coach to tell you, you need to analyse your own game and ask for help, even if it is from outside of the club that you are presently with.

53 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

This is one player I’d like us to keep hold of he’ll improve massively and thrive well under Maresca & Co I think this league could be the making of him and can’t see Vardy playing too much this season, didn’t think I’d ever say this but thought we played a lot better when Vardy went off thought we spread the ball around cleaner rather than keeper looking for the vardy pass !

But Daka is a worse version than Vardy

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this is where good coaching comes to the fore!!!

Would it be easier to coach him to what we need or better to bring in someone who already naturally plays the way we want him to? He plays very upright, doesn't seem to use his body and bends his knees to get a solid base to distribute his weight evenly. This accounts for his weakness on the ball, if you are constantly off-balance, then it does not take much to knock you off it.

We need him to play with his back to goal, need the ball to stick to him and have the ability to link the play either back to the midfield or to supply out wide and then get into the box and drop to the edge of the 6-yard box, where it is easier to be picked out.  He has continued to play the same way that he came in and it hasn't worked so he has to change his game and approach to how he plays.

Sometimes a player has to see for himself that something needs to change, you cannot wait for your coach to tell you, you need to analyse your own game and ask for help, even if it is from outside of the club that you are presently with.

This is why getting rid and getting someone new is paramount.

All of the above you learn growing up. I'm rubbish at the football side, the ball doesn't stick to my feet. But I know how to use my knees and weight to balance myself and turn etc. These are just basics and he can't do that

I genuinely feel he's a lost cause and one of our worst ever buys when you think about the outlay. No point teaching him Marescas style when he can't control a ball is there, let's be honest. Vestergaard is a terrible footballer, but he's actually better on the ball than Daka in my opinion, and that says alot. 

Get whatever we can for daka, 10m would be nice, and run

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

9 goals 7 assists from about 2300 minutes in the Premier League.

Can't argue with those numbers. We shouldn't be actively looking to get rid unless someone coughs up 12-15m.

Slimani got 7 goals and 4 assists in 1200 one season 10 starts 13 sub appearances and was generally noted as not good enough.

For me we need one of Nacho or Daka to leave and be replaced either now or as soon as the January window opens

I love Vardy but I just would not be confident with him right now being the only striker we have whilst those 2 go off to the AFCON for probably over a month

Rather just get it done this summer so whoever we get can be well bedded in by the time they are probably going to be relied on for at least 5+ games

It doesn’t have to be Piroe either as much as I would like it, someone like Miles Leaburn from Charlton would be a smart pick up and he already has a season of playing with Rak-Sakyi as well

Or hopefully Opoku smashes the first half of the season at Leuven and we bring him back (if he doesn’t get called up to AFCON as well), although would probably have to throw him straight in

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

He needs a bit of time to get used to Maresca ball if we sell Daka that really only leaves Vardy & Nacho as strikers, I’d keep hold of him I bet he’ll play tonight against Burton & grab a couple 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

He needs a bit of time to get used to Maresca ball if we sell Daka that really only leaves Vardy & Nacho as strikers, I’d keep hold of him I bet he’ll play tonight against Burton & grab a couple 😉

To play Maresca ball we need a striker who can hold it up and bring others into play. Not sure that suits either Vardy or Daka. Rather sell Daka as he would command a fee and buy another striker more suited to Maresca's plan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Claridge said:

So are 99% of strikers.......Vardy is a freak and the GOAT for City in the Striker category so do not compare him to anyone......Daka is raw and has potential but time will tell if he can transition in English football but Prem Clubs are looking at him so I would keep than less someone offers £15m+