Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

Just now, Old Fox said:

So are 99% of strikers.......Vardy is a freak and the GOAT for City in the Striker category so do not compare him to anyone......Daka is raw and has potential but time will tell if he can transition in English football but Prem Clubs are looking at him so I would keep than less someone offers £15m+

I meant Vardy's abilities now, obviously we will probably never have another Vardy. 

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I meant Vardy's abilities now, obviously we will probably never have another Vardy. 

JV will look a different player if we get a No.10 or creative 8 ......he looked awful last season until towards the end of the season when Smith got us at least playing the ball in between defenders......no way will EM not recognise Vards has strengths...

Back to PD - I take your point - I still think he has potential and we will need strikers on the break this season away from home and you never know what side of the bed Kelechi has got out of so I would keep all 3 but only if Kel would sign a new deal otherwise sell Kelechi to fund a new striker

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

JV will look a different player if we get a No.10 or creative 8 ......he looked awful last season until towards the end of the season when Smith got us at least playing the ball in between defenders......no way will EM not recognise Vards has strengths...

Back to PD - I take your point - I still think he has potential and we will need strikers on the break this season away from home and you never know what side of the bed Kelechi has got out of so I would keep all 3 but only if Kel would sign a new deal otherwise sell Kelechi to fund a new striker

He looked pretty poor against Cov too

On 08/08/2023 at 19:33, MPH said:

when you buy your Scamacca replacement from Wish…

Scamacca last season in the PL: 940 minutes 3 goals 0 assists

Daka last season in the Pl: 1164 minutes 4 goals 4 assists

Scamacca really isnt that good, Daka is arguably as good if not better than him, definitely better than a wish version.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Yup, he's off. 

No way you don't use tonight's game to give one of your strikers his first minutes. 

As long as we bring someone else in, I can accept that there is no need for Vardy and Daka in the same team. 

Iheanacho to start. New striker to push him for that start, and Vardy to be an impact striker from the bench. 

I agree. If your going to have Nacho as your main striker, I feel we need someone similar to him as a like for like replacement incase of injury. Then Vardy as a different option or to play alongside when needed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka out, Archer in. Archer will be more than a back up as he'll cover LW and RW as well as challenge Iheanacho and Vardy through the middle.

Great shout. Maresca seems to like players that can cover more than one role too

• Like 1

Really don’t see the point in us spending big on another striker. Love the GOAT but whilst he is here, we are a graveyard for strikers coming in.

We would have been better off keeping Hirst given he seems to have arrived at this level now!

He’s third choice here and that’s the truth no way good enough to lead the line. Nacho is our first choice , Vardy back up. Let Daka go and sign a younger striker. That Charlton striker who’s 20: Miles Lester Leaburn :D or Cameron Archer would both be good options.

19 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Really don’t see the point in us spending big on another striker. Love the GOAT but whilst he is here, we are a graveyard for strikers coming in.

We would have been better off keeping Hirst given he seems to have arrived at this level now!

Does scoring one goal for Ipswich in the Championship really count as “arrived at this level”?

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka out, Archer in. Archer will be more than a back up as he'll cover LW and RW as well as challenge Iheanacho and Vardy through the middle.

thing with Archer, i think we are going to have to be quick getting it done, as Boro will probably come in for him if they Akpom goes

4 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Does scoring one goal for Ipswich in the Championship really count as “arrived at this level”?

More than any of our strikers have in the league this season lol

Id say good enough to be third choice as let’s be honest Vardy and Nacho aren’t going to be third choice.

However I also like the Leaburn shout as the other option is signing a kid like him.

Zero point signing a Piroe type.

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

More than any of our strikers have in the league this season lol

Id say good enough to be third choice as let’s be honest Vardy and Nacho aren’t going to be third choice.

However I also like the Leaburn shout as the other option is signing a kid like him.

Zero point signing a Piroe type.

arrived at this level? thats Hirst first goal in the championship after 41 games:ph34r:

i personally do think Daka is still good enough for us, but signs are there for me anyway hes on the way out, shame really but it is what it is

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

arrived at this level? thats Hirst first goal in the championship after 41 games:ph34r:

i personally do think Daka is still good enough for us, but signs are there for me anyway hes on the way out, shame really but it is what it is

I like Daka too but if he is not fancied, he’s too expensive to carry as third choice to not get any minutes.

I did say re Hirst ‘seems’ to have. I.e did well at League 1 level, become a valuable member of the promoted Ipswich side, and for their manager who is a well respected coach to want to sign and make his main man up top which he has followed up with a very good performance and a goal in a good win for them. So I’m looking at that overall picture not just saying ‘oh he scored a goal so he’s arrived’ lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I like Daka too but if he is not fancied, he’s too expensive to carry as third choice to not get any minutes.

I did say re Hirst ‘seems’ to have. I.e did well at League 1 level, become a valuable member of the promoted Ipswich side, and for their manager who is a well respected coach to want to sign and make his main man up top which he has followed up with a very good performance and a goal in a good win for them. So I’m looking at that overall picture not just saying ‘oh he scored a goal so he’s arrived’ lol

i am with you tho, out of daka and Hirst, hirst would fit this system we play more, although I think Archer from Villa will fit it better than both(plus he can play a number of positions too)

shame really i do rate Daka, but I think the style of play we play etc it just doesnt suit him, the same with Vardy, I'd even say Daka is third choice and its not what he wants, given hes one of the sell-able assets, if we can get back anywhere near what we paid then we should, id like he to stay but for player and club, think it may well be time for him to move on