Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

This could be another Krameric situation. We sell him for much less than what we bought him for, he then bangs in goals for fun. I wonder if a season long loan somewhere might help him regain his confidence? The big problem I foresee with Daka is that he hasn't the tools to play the role Maresca wants him to and obviously if that's the case, he probably needs to move on for his own development.

16 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

This could be another Krameric situation. We sell him for much less than what we bought him for, he then bangs in goals for fun. I wonder if a season long loan somewhere might help him regain his confidence? The big problem I foresee with Daka is that he hasn't the tools to play the role Maresca wants him to and obviously if that's the case, he probably needs to move on for his own development.

I know what you mean, but there's near endless factors that contribute to whether or not a player is successful at any given club which mean that anyone half decent can be doggo at one club and look like an entirely different player at another. 

Kramaric was fine for us but was obviously moved on because it wasn't working out at City for whatever reason. The football people know. I rather suspect this will be the case with Daka too. It just hasn't really worked here and that's fine. You can make the argument that neither were given a proper run to prove themselves, but there's obviously more to it. It happens. 

22 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Totally agree with you MG this “ WILL” bite us on the arse if we sell him we need to keep the lad he’s young fit and very quick, he just needs that confidence in his abilities and scoring built back up and I’m hoping Enzo can do the job !

On 10/08/2023 at 11:26, MGLCFC said:

Krameric didn’t suit our counter attacking style at that time 

If daka is leaving then that because either he doesn’t want to play in the championship, enzo doesn’t fancy him or enzo has to choose two from three and he prefers kel and vards 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Krameric didn’t suit our counter attacking style at that time 

If daka is leaving then that because either he doesn’t want to play in the championship, enzo doesn’t fancy him or enzo has to choose two from three and he prefers kel and vards 

Yes. I agree with you, so why buy him? I'd have thought if you are looking to develop a squad that plays in a certain way, you purchase players who are comfortable in that style of play.

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes. I agree with you, so why buy him? I'd have thought if you are looking to develop a squad that plays in a certain way, you purchase players who are comfortable in that style of play.

When we bought him we weren’t playing that style under Pearson 

we were bottom of the league and needed goals 

Guest Sideshow Faes
11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Got to assume he's either injured or being sold really. Disappointing. 

Daka has been at Leicester for 2 years.

Aside from a game in Moscow where our opponents decided to stand still on the halfway line, he's been woeful.

His touch is poor. Speed of thought is incredibly slow. 

He moved from a farmer's league to England and isn't quick enough of thought, is too poor on the ball and is not strong enough to survive.

Why would anybody would be disappointed in him leaving? 3 different managers haven't played him up front, as he's not done enough in matches or training to convince anybody.

A terrible signing in hindsight.