Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

13 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Everton drawing a blank against Fulham will have exasperated the need for more attacking options and I think they will move for Daka this week. 

This sounds like a plea for Everton to please , please buy our dud striker. Why on earth should they do that? For the record I don't think he is dud but didn't suit Rodgers ball nor will he Enzoball. He certainly won't suit Everton either.

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Lutons strikers got 30 last season between them. Sheff Utds strikers got 31. And high flying Burnleys strikers got a grand total of 14 goals between them, being outscored by their wingers by a considerable distance, with Tella alone beating them all with 17.

So maybe 40-50 at least is somewhat an exaggeration? Seems evident you need goals all across the front line.

OK , I plucked that number out of the air , but with no Barnes or Maddison , our midfielders are going to have to score plenty. We still need a new striker more than a wideman. That is going to be extremely difficult . Every team wants potent strikers and they are expensive. 

• Haha 1

One year loan to Everton (any PL team) would get my vote. He either improves or he doesn’t. If he does, we welcome him back as Vardy’s anointed successor. If he doesn’t we get what we can for him.

It’d be ridiculous to have a third choice striker of his profile at championship level.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

One year loan to Everton (any PL team) would get my vote. He either improves or he doesn’t. If he does, we welcome him back as Vardy’s anointed successor. If he doesn’t we get what we can for him.

It’d be ridiculous to have a third choice striker of his profile at championship level.

I don't think any team barring maybe Sheffield United in the premier league would be interested, most likely we will loan him out to a team in the Bundesliga or Turkey.

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Everton drawing a blank against Fulham will have exasperated the need for more attacking options and I think they will move for Daka this week. 

Everton being linked with Daka atm doesnt mean much as it nothing firm interest wise has happened, well no new news from sources

Everton more like to get Gnonto than Daka atm imo

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I don't think any team barring maybe Sheffield United in the premier league would be interested, most likely we will loan him out to a team in the Bundesliga or Turkey.

Someone like Sheffield United or Forest would suit him. Or even Burnley. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

OK , I plucked that number out of the air , but with no Barnes or Maddison , our midfielders are going to have to score plenty. We still need a new striker more than a wideman. That is going to be extremely difficult . Every team wants potent strikers and they are expensive. 

Unless you look in some less hyped leagues.  Mahrez and Kante for example. Rudders should give Bloom a call.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

...he would have to change his style of play in order to fit in here!!!

There has been little sign that he can adapt his play and he may have to address this in the long run.

His touch and balance are woeful and that is something that he should be working on night and day, he is not going to wake up one morning and find that these aspects of his game have been fixed,  without him putting the work in.

With all the monies these players are paid,  why not get a personal trainer to analyse your game and help you to correct the areas that you are falling down on. It will be money well invested, rather than end up being a Demarai Gray, where he is still waiting to show his full potential,  he is just waiting for the right platform to showcase his undoubted talent!!

Strikers eh , consistency seems to be only found in the over 30s - Mbappe and Haaland excepted - far, far too many one season wonders. Too many are lightweight and rubbish in the air. Its no wonder Bayern are prepared to pay £100 million for Kane. He does what it says on the tin.

Can't remember how much we bought him for but would be happy with £15m for him. Or push £20m and rinse Everton. 

That would go some way to helping redevelop our squad with who Maresca wants between now and end of August. Plus the Castagne money.