Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

Guest Sideshow Faes
4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

If that’s a farmers league, what in gods name is the championship? 

Championship is better than the Austrian League

Guest Sideshow Faes
5 hours ago, smudger63 said:

When i say there is a player in there, i dont mean in terms of  him ever being technically gifted, but i mean in a team that plays to his strength, he will score goals, in the way that he scored the 4 against Moscow, and scored 54 in 82 games for Salzburg.

Of course  Austrians top league isnt of the standard of the premier league, which i know you will immediatly come back with, but in a team that wants to play a possession game, and doesnt move the ball quickly, and doesnt release the ball quickly looking for a run in behind, he has no chance, which is why Vardy has struggled in recent seasons too.

The truth is, we went out to recruit another Vardy like player, which they did, but at the same time, we had gone away from the style of football that got the best out of such players.

It was poor recruitment more than anything else, looking for a player who was never going to fit in with the style of play we had changed too.

There's just a massive difference between the Austrian League and England, even the championship. The speed of thought and foot required is different level, even if we were playing constant through balls. 

Just being fast isn't enough and I'm not convinced about his finishing at all.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Championship is better than the Austrian League

It really isn’t. The championship is shit. It’s a complete scrappers league. We have such an overinflated opinion of our football in this country. If anything it’s on a par with the Austrian league. 

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
Just now, Pliskin said:

It really isn’t. The championship is shit. It’s a complete scrappers league. We have such an overinflated opinion of our football in this country. If anything it’s on a par with the Austrian league. 

It's far better than the Austrian League.

Pretty sure Football Manager shows the ranking of each league. Anyone actively on there that could solve this debate lol

Edit - looked it up. From the page I saw, seems the EFL Championship is ranked 19th in Europe and the Austrian league 20th so negligible different apparently.

Edited by LCFCJohn

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Like the Austrian league :ph34r:

Yeah-  Haaland was shit. Mane was shit. You definitely are an expert on Austrian Football. The Deutsche Bundesliga is full of players coming out of the Austrian League.

25 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yeah-  Haaland was shit. Mane was shit. You definitely are an expert on Austrian Football. The Deutsche Bundesliga is full of players coming out of the Austrian League.

Mate I’m with you. Hence the point above where I’ve highlighted it’s not a ‘farmers league’ as the poster further up likes to put it.

Im all for signing players from these leagues. Unfortunately a large part of our fan base only want big names at big cost and don’t give guys coming from European league a fair crack!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Mate I’m with you. Hence the point above where I’ve highlighted it’s not a ‘farmers league’ as the poster further up likes to put it.

Im all for signing players from these leagues. Unfortunately a large part of our fan base only want big names at big cost and don’t give guys coming from European league a fair crack!

thats very true, one game, wait not even one game they are wrote off

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

The hype before his signing was ridiculous , same with Tete and as for Madueke it bordered on the insane. These young players have to develop a brain if they want to succeed at the top. Some get wise , many don't and fall by the wayside. You can blame Youtube, one dimensional stat sites or limited computer games for unrealistic expectations but so much money gets wasted it is crazy. Taking somebody on loan like Callum Doyle is much safer and expectations are tempered. Undiscovered diamonds are so rare now and we have been exceptionally lucky to get three in a row with Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. Mostly you get what you paid for or often much less.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The hype before his signing was ridiculous , same with Tete and as for Madueke it bordered on the insane. These young players have to develop a brain if they want to succeed at the top. Some get wise , many don't and fall by the wayside. You can blame Youtube, one dimensional stat sites or limited computer games for unrealistic expectations but so much money gets wasted it is crazy. Taking somebody on loan like Callum Doyle is much safer and expectations are tempered. Undiscovered diamonds are so rare now and we have been exceptionally lucky to get three in a row with Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. Mostly you get what you paid for or often much less.

Yep, spending big (whether fees or wages) on the likes of Vestergaard, Bertrand, Ward and Slimani and Silva etc a bit further back has really served us well hasn’t it :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yeah, I was hoping the club perspective and the fans mindset would change a bit with relegation but apparently not.

the club's has a bit imo but some of our fans, fvck no; everyone is shit even if they have a good game or theyve found their level

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yep, spending big (whether fees or wages) on the likes of Vestergaard, Bertrand, Ward and Slimani and Silva etc a bit further back has really served us well hasn’t it :rolleyes:

It is true that our transfer market activity has been largely poor but many on here would apparently want to make it worse still. At least all of our recent purchases have been relatively cheap. I would prefer a policy of only loaning young inexperienced players "taking a punt " on transfers would not be an option.

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Haaland and Mane performed after leaving Austria.

Daka hasn't.

Haaland didn't need guardiola to play a certain kind of football that nobody plays anymore to succeed.

Man City played this sort of system without a great striker for a long time. The players supporting the striker are arguably more important than the striker in this system. Never hurts to have a goalscorer of course, but it's just not worked out for him here. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It is true that our transfer market activity has been largely poor but many on here would apparently want to make it worse still. At least all of our recent purchases have been relatively cheap. I would prefer a policy of only loaning young inexperienced players "taking a punt " on transfers would not be an option.

Personally I’d rather see is bring in young talent that we develop for ourselves or at least a profit. Players like Leaburn and Edwards…

17 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Haaland and Mane performed after leaving Austria.

Daka hasn't.

Haaland didn't need guardiola to play a certain kind of football that nobody plays anymore to succeed.

Crap argument.

Firstly Haaland is elite, we aren’t signing players like that.

Secondly, the vast majority of players have a suited style. There will be players who suit a possession style that would be like fish out of water put in a side playing more directly. 

It doesn’t mean Daka is a competition winner. It means he is not suited to us and should be allowed to leave to somewhere he is wanted. No doubt he’ll flourish again.

But hey you are clearly going to die on this hill so what’s the point….

26 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Man City played this sort of system without a great striker for a long time. The players supporting the striker are arguably more important than the striker in this system. Never hurts to have a goalscorer of course, but it's just not worked out for him here. 

The players supporting the striker need serious upgrading for us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

RB Salzburg aside this is not true.

47 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Crap argument.

Firstly Haaland is elite, we aren’t signing players like that.

Secondly, the vast majority of players have a suited style. There will be players who suit a possession style that would be like fish out of water put in a side playing more directly. 

It doesn’t mean Daka is a competition winner. It means he is not suited to us and should be allowed to leave to somewhere he is wanted. No doubt he’ll flourish again.

But hey you are clearly going to die on this hill so what’s the point….

dunno some on here think we should be:rolleyes:

Daka in a counter attacking team where hes playing on the last man would be great for him but sadly in a possession based side hes a bit limited but then again we wont know unless hes give a run i suppose

and Im with you, i think Daka will come good again, either here or elsewhere; but some will say hes shit till they are blue in the face

8 minutes ago, Langston said:

RB Salzburg aside this is not true.

I think you have underestimated - Rapid Vienna,  Linz (Lask) and Vienna Sport Club.  From what I have seen in the first games we have played, these 3 would fair reasonably well in the Championship.  RB Salzburg would certainly give us a good game!!  It is certainly not a Falmers League!!

Edited by mozartfox

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I think you have underestimated - Rapid Vienna,  Linz (Lask) and Vienna Sport Club.  From what I have seen in the first games we have played, these 3 would fair reasonably well in the Championship.  RB Salzburg would certainly give us a good game!!  It is certainly not a Falmers League!!

Respectfully, I don’t think I have!