Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think you have underestimated - Rapid Vienna,  Linz (Lask) and Vienna Sport Club.  From what I have seen in the first games we have played, these 3 would fair reasonably well in the Championship.  RB Salzburg would certainly give us a good game!!  It is certainly not a Falmers League!!

All play in Jeans?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

dunno some on here think we should be:rolleyes:

Daka in a counter attacking team where hes playing on the last man would be great for him but sadly in a possession based side hes a bit limited but then again we wont know unless hes give a run i suppose

and Im with you, i think Daka will come good again, either here or elsewhere; but some will say hes shit till they are blue in the face

Absolutely, same as Iverson is a very good goalkeeper and Souttar one of the best defenders in this league but can’t get in due to style of play.

We seem to really be accelerating the process of building what Enzo wants. I have been a bit sceptical of a coach who won’t work with what he has. But, there has been signs in the opening games that if the last couple of pieces of the jigsaw come in, once we gel he may have a better handle of how possession football should be done within a couple of months than old shiny chops did in four years!

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Crap argument.

Firstly Haaland is elite, we aren’t signing players like that.

Secondly, the vast majority of players have a suited style. There will be players who suit a possession style that would be like fish out of water put in a side playing more directly. 

It doesn’t mean Daka is a competition winner. It means he is not suited to us and should be allowed to leave to somewhere he is wanted. No doubt he’ll flourish again.

But hey you are clearly going to die on this hill so what’s the point….

When haaland was in Austria he was behind Daka. He wasn't elite then.

But he's moved on leaps and bounds.

I wouldn't expect that sort of jump from Daka but he's actually regressed significantly. He offers nothing. 

It's nothing to do with dying on hills, it's simply fact that 3 different managers with different styles haven't rated him after seeing him every day.

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

I wouldn't expect that sort of jump from Daka but he's actually regressed significantly. He offers nothing. 

It's nothing to do with dying on hills, it's simply fact that 3 different managers with different styles haven't rated him after seeing him every day.

You don’t seem to get the point about style of play. Just because he is not suited to how we are trying to play it does not mean the following;

1 - that he is a competition winner

2 - he is a pub player

3 - that the league he came from is a farmer league

And Haaland is younger and joined after so may explain why he wasn’t in the team there before Daka lol

And Rodgers and Enzo both go for a possession based style. Just because Rodgers implemented it in a shit way, he still had a similar idea. Smith came in and turned to Vardy in his short number of games to try and get us out of trouble. You can’t use that one against Daka!

45 minutes ago, Claridge said:

All play in Jeans?

Lederhosen and Straw Hats.  But may be the FT Austrian Bundesliga expert may have other more informed information?? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

no real concrete links so far, im sure we'll get stuff with more foundation in the next week or so

Yeah I'm sure, but as usual another "transfer" thread turns in to another cock size bun fight. 

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The hype before his signing was ridiculous , same with Tete and as for Madueke it bordered on the insane. These young players have to develop a brain if they want to succeed at the top. Some get wise , many don't and fall by the wayside. You can blame Youtube, one dimensional stat sites or limited computer games for unrealistic expectations but so much money gets wasted it is crazy. Taking somebody on loan like Callum Doyle is much safer and expectations are tempered. Undiscovered diamonds are so rare now and we have been exceptionally lucky to get three in a row with Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. Mostly you get what you paid for or often much less.

...you do realise we use analytics in order to profile the players we look to bring in!!!

2 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

...played in a 2 up top previously,

and we are rooted to a lone striker!!!

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you do realise we use analytics in order to profile the players we look to bring in!!!

Was there a software malfunction when the Recruitment Squad ran Bertrand and Vesty through the analytics program???

10 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He absolutely would suit Everton, as they get the ball forward quicker and exploit his pace, he is far from a dud, just not the sort of profile of player that fits our style. 

They would benefit from having him. This away record over the last couple of seasons has been dreadful partly because they have a serious lack of pace in the front line. I'm sure Dyche would love to have the option of being able to play balls in behind the opposition's defence. 

• Like 3

Just now, mozartfox said:

Was there a software malfunction when the Recruitment Squad ran Bertrand and Vesty through the analytics program???

...a Rodgers virus corrupted the programme!!!

It has taken a lot of cleaning and a new algorithm, introduced by Maresca that has kept us on track so far. With Rudkin running Windows 7, he is having difficulty running software updates, but he is looking to pick up his emails eventually.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I remember Vardy struggling in the championship, I remember we almost sold him, I just think Daka needs a run of games, probably with a forward thinking player like nacho, I reckon the pair of them would score bagfuls, but we aren’t setting up like that

...Vardy always had someone upfront with him!!!

Nugent, Okazaki, Mahrez (he was always up the pitch,  not coming back to defend) and as such always had a foil.

We play with one upfront and this Maresca system is using a single striker as well. Unless he Daka is asked to play in a way where he is there to support the wide and central players, he is going to be as effective as Vardy is right now. There is no reason why he should not be Johnny on the spot for tap ins as players such as Praet or Ndidi are running through without the option of a simple lay of to roll the ball into the net. Our strikers appear to be behind the break and not where they should be.

• Like 1

Don’t rate him In the slightest but couldn’t be much worse than the other 2 in the first 2 games - all 3 are absolutely pony when we don’t actually have any threat in the final 3rd at all - zero link up - nobody at the byline- no cut backs - no crosses - no assists full stop -strikers need people to feed them - we have nothing at all in that area -  zero - might as well play Matt Elliott up top - and yes I mean current Matt Elliott not peak 2000 Matt Elliott 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Don’t rate him In the slightest but couldn’t be much worse than the other 2 in the first 2 games - all 3 are absolutely pony when we don’t actually have any threat in the final 3rd at all - zero link up - nobody at the byline- no cut backs - no crosses - no assists full stop -strikers need people to feed them - we have nothing at all in that area -  zero - might as well play Matt Elliott up top - and yes I mean current Matt Elliott not peak 2000 Matt Elliott 

Thanks Jamie, we get it. You don’t like Enzo ball.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks Jamie, we get it. You don’t like Enzo ball.

Incorrect- love enzo and love what he wants to do - it’s the future and you can already tell he has something special - just wish we would get the players in he needs to be able to have a threat in the final 3rd - pretty simple points on where we are currently lacking any threat 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a Rodgers virus corrupted the programme!!!

It has taken a lot of cleaning and a new algorithm, introduced by Maresca that has kept us on track so far. With Rudkin running Windows 7, he is having difficulty running software updates, but he is looking to pick up his emails eventually.

Windows 7?  Don’t me a fool. That was at least fairly stable. Ohh no. Rudders is still on Windows Millennium. Now THAT was a non operating system. 

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I think you have underestimated - Rapid Vienna,  Linz (Lask) and Vienna Sport Club.  From what I have seen in the first games we have played, these 3 would fair reasonably well in the Championship.  RB Salzburg would certainly give us a good game!!  It is certainly not a Falmers League!!

I hope not. They are in the Austrian third tier!

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

image.png.35651cb49157216ed46081815881eff0.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jv1 said:

...it really should not be that difficult, players going to the byline and cutting the ball back for an easy tap-in!!!

Borges was pretty good at that and one of the reasons why I wanted him so much. It is a staple part of Pep-ball and therefore a part of the strategy incorporated by Maresca. It is not enough just to get to the byline, you have to have the ingenuity to create the space to lay the ball back to someone free in the box. The chances are that in going to the byline the pass would be blocked for a corner, we might as well give them back the ball, as we are inept with this kind of set-piece. Borges had the skill to beat a man in those tight spaces and create the space for the lay-off. 

We really missed out on a player who would have enhanced our team in a big way.

• Like 1