Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

In his early days I thought we’d found the replacement for Vardy, but then he never fulfilled his potential and we were moving away from the style of football that Vardy had profited from. He never really fit and rarely could we exploit his strengths.

Probably time to cash in, and best of luck Patson! 

• Like 4

Let's hope any medical doesn't involve him having to run, otherwise they'll see him fall over his own feet on the treadmill and cancel the deal. 

Nice guy, hope he does well but we can't keep holding onto him because of his supposed 'potential'. 

Monaco could be very good for us. If they can have a good season and get back in the CL spots with him leading the line he could go right up in value like Balogun did last season with Reims. Who incidentally Monaco are also interested in, but not for £50mill!

Edited by JimJams

If we are intent on selling him then we need to accept a lower price and insert a monster sell on clause into the deal.

It might not have worked out for him here but I think in a few years he'll be going for big money, theres a player there for sure. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I've came to the conclusion that we are never gonna be able to get rid of Soumare, Daka & Vestergaard until their contracts expire. 

Monaco's offer is probably a loan paying half his wages with an option to buy for 20 quid over 5 years installments 

I mean you are correct on Jannick however we have actually sold him twice and has turned it down, not much we can do there. The other 2 though yes will be loans until they expire. That was a bad window lol 

58 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I've came to the conclusion that we are never gonna be able to get rid of Soumare, Daka & Vestergaard until their contracts expire. 

Monaco's offer is probably a loan paying half his wages with an option to buy for 20 quid over 5 years installments 

...with those figures you haven't set too high a price, have you!!!

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

What planet do you live on, I've read some shite on here before but this takes the cake

30 million GBP

53 games

9 goals

even Akinbiyi managed 11..

Edited by Trelleh

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We seem to want pretty much exactly what we paid for players, maybe adjusting it ever so slightly if we've already amortised a chunk of the transfer fee. So I suspect given he's been here two seasons, we still want at least £18-20m.

Rudkin attempting to justify his poor negotiations from when they were originally brought.

I saw on Tanner’s article, that Enzo has specifically picked out Rak-Sakyi and THB has recruitments he wants. I wonder if he has done the same for a player like Piroe and ultimately Daka has fell out of favour due to this. 

I rate Daka a lot and I think there’s a good chance he becomes successful in Europe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

In his early days I thought we’d found the replacement for Vardy, but then he never fulfilled his potential and we were moving away from the style of football that Vardy had profited from. He never really fit and rarely could we exploit his strengths.

Probably time to cash in, and best of luck Patson! 

It always seemed an odd buy, we were already playing possession based football, and we're signing strikers that prefer to counter-attack.

I've always been of the opinion that this squad craves a Mitrovic/Giroud mould of player, someone with some physicality, will hold the ball up and bring others into the equation and has some height and power to contest with centre backs. I never understood why Rodgers never actively went for a player like this.

54 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

30 million GBP
€30mill euros not GBP. £23mill *

53 games

3395 minutes with equates to 37.7 games in all competitions

9 goals

15 goals and 8 assists in those minutes. 

Apart from that your facts are bang on lol

I’ll gracefully take the L here, but it don’t change the fact he’s still gash 😬

25 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

I’ll gracefully take the L here, but it don’t change the fact he’s still gash 😬

Fair play :appl:

Disagree on the second part though. As has been said a lot, just not right for us. We’ve had countless worse players and many many worse value for money signings also. He will likely kick on elsewhere. I just hope we let him go and bring in another third choice striker, a younger project such as Leaburn from Charlton!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

He's scored 15 goals and how many games has he started? And out of the games he's started what's the most games he's played consecutively?

And the reason for that is he wasn’t consistent enough look at the stats last season when he did score, he would often start the next game and have no impact 

I’ve always backed Daka to come good if played in a formation and a tactical setup to cater to his strengths. A bit daft to buy him and not do that. I think he could excel at another club. The clincher for me though is whether or not he still wants to be a Leicester City player. The mood music suggests not - so I am now firmly in the get rid club.