Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

The argument there is that Silva was a bigger fee but didn't cost us our Premier League status.  Although if Maddison scores a penalty or Faes doesn't decide to play for Liverpool, neither would Ward, so I suppose it depends if you think it's fair to lump it all on him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

It always seemed an odd buy, we were already playing possession based football, and we're signing strikers that prefer to counter-attack.

I've always been of the opinion that this squad craves a Mitrovic/Giroud mould of player, someone with some physicality, will hold the ball up and bring others into the equation and has some height and power to contest with centre backs. I never understood why Rodgers never actively went for a player like this.

Someone like Marco Futacs? 🤣 

13 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Only strikers they have now are Embolo (long term injured), Ben Yedder (rapist), and Boadu (meh)

Easy game of shag, marry, kill that one... 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JimJams said:

The argument there is that Silva was a bigger fee but didn't cost us our Premier League status.  Although if Maddison scores a penalty or Faes doesn't decide to play for Liverpool, neither would Ward, so I suppose it depends if you think it's fair to lump it all on him.

Also Silva was probably severely pissed that the club left him in limbo for 6 months because pissing Jon Rudkin couldnt use a Fax Machine. It hard really to blame Silva for his time here, it was an early sign of absolute blithering incompetence from the football operations side of the club. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everton now going for Adams which would be much better for them than Daka. 

It's fascinating, watching them build a relegation team for their new stadium. A la Peter Taylor for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/08/2023 at 09:04, AKCJ said:

Not even close.

Without trying to sound harsh, I think you can tell which Leicester fans know and understand football based on their opinion of Daka.

Come off it. Not rating a player who has been shit for us doesn't mean I know less than someone who somehow thinks he is good.

Enzo is now the second manager (maybe even third if you want to count Rodgers) not persisting with Daka. Do these people know more than him too?

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Come off it. Not rating a player who has been shit for us doesn't mean I know less than someone who somehow thinks he is good.

Enzo is now the second manager (maybe even third if you want to count Rodgers) not persisting with Daka. Do these people know more than him too?

Depends how you view it.

If you think Patson Daka is an outright bad footballer then i'd say you don't really know much about football.

If you think Patson Daka is a player that hasn't suited the way Brendan Rodgers (and now Enzo Maresca) plays football then that's fair enough, i'd agree with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Come off it. Not rating a player who has been shit for is doesn't mean I know less than someone who somehow raves over him.

9 goals 7 assists in 2300 PL minutes for us is not shit. Daka's problem is that our club's transfer strategy over the last 5 years has been shambolic, we spent 20m on him when we already had Vardy and Iheanacho, therefore he struggled to get minutes and establish himself as a starting player. Often his worst performances have been when he was pushed out to the wing to accommodate our other strikers.

In a team that has a plan to make him the number 1 option at striker he will do well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think I would prefer a loan for Daka to a league like France/Germany. If his performances improve, the exposure could mean that we demand a much higher fee like Balogun. If his performances improve and he returns a much more confident player, he could be that player Vardy replacement in 12 months when he leaves. There is a player in there, as we could see at Salzburg, however sitting on the bench for two years without a decent run of games might have drained his confidence. Obviously, he could be a dud in France/Germany, but I don't think it's worth taking the finacial loss this summer with a few years left on his contract. 

Guest Sideshow Faes
8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Depends how you view it.

If you think Patson Daka is an outright bad footballer then i'd say you don't really know much about football.

If you think Patson Daka is a player that hasn't suited the way Brendan Rodgers (and now Enzo Maresca) plays football then that's fair enough, i'd agree with you.

It's nothing to do with style. He routinely can't control a football properly. He runs around as if he's playing in a totally different match to the rest of the team. 

Maybe he'll get his mojo back elsewhere, but the evidence of the last two years is not that there's a quality striker just waiting to break out. How many top level teams actually play this mystical brand of football you think would suit him?

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

It's nothing to do with style. He routinely can't control a football properly. He runs around as if he's playing in a totally different match to the rest of the team. 

Maybe he'll get his mojo back elsewhere, but the evidence of the last two years is not that there's a quality striker just waiting to break out. How many top level teams actually play this mystical brand of football you think would suit him?

We're not a top level team for starters and haven't been for years. We aren't employing top level players and aren't attracting them either

Patson Daka puts 2/3 past us on the opening day if you want a club at our level that would suit the way Daka plays.

The football we played between 2013/2016 would also suit him. No emphasis on having the ball to control play yet still creating lots of chances.

• Like 1

Daka will always be limited by his lack of technical ability at the highest level. I know his confidence was low, but he looked genuinely appalling at the end of last season any time the ball was played into him.

He is an off the shoulder player with a decent finish on him, but even then, he lacks the explosive acceleration and nous in his movement that prime Vardy had which will limit his chances anyway given the other glaring limitations in his game.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Depends how you view it.

If, as you say, it’s a style mismatch then he’d have been perfect for Dean Smith. How many starts and how many goals did he get for Smith??