Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I genuinely thought he'd scored more for Southampton than 25 in 4 seasons :o

Jeez. Maybe it's cos it felt like he always scored against us lol

Genuinely one of the most appalling finishers I've seen.  Yet scores against us like you say.  

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

If, as you say, it’s a style mismatch then he’d have been perfect for Dean Smith. How many starts and how many goals did he get for Smith??

I would say it's entirely unfair to judge anyone based on that 9 games or whatever it was. The club was fully in the shit and beyond saving.

But he started in the only win we had before the last game of the season.

Daka for me just is not suited to English football, hes too lightweight, lacks strength, football brain and a nasty edge.

He will make a good player somewhere, I feel just not in the Premier League. 

Sureley the Saudis could do with someone like him?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I would say it's entirely unfair to judge anyone based on that 9 games or whatever it was. The club was fully in the shit and beyond saving.

But he started in the only win we had before the last game of the season.

I’m not so sure. If Daka had been stifled by Rodgersball and suddenly there’s a new manager with tactics that suit his game it’s absolutely on him to perform in those 9 games.

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m not so sure. If Daka had been stifled by Rodgersball and suddenly there’s a new manager with tactics that suit his game it’s absolutely on him to perform in those 9 games.

That's an incredibly dumbed down look on football. Life isn't so simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

This feels like such an Everton signing

Maupay and Adams -   Dream duo that will surely fire them into the Championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scinnell said:

Think I would prefer a loan for Daka to a league like France/Germany. If his performances improve, the exposure could mean that we demand a much higher fee like Balogun. If his performances improve and he returns a much more confident player, he could be that player Vardy replacement in 12 months when he leaves. There is a player in there, as we could see at Salzburg, however sitting on the bench for two years without a decent run of games might have drained his confidence. Obviously, he could be a dud in France/Germany, but I don't think it's worth taking the finacial loss this summer with a few years left on his contract. 

...sending him out on loan and coming back here with us playing Enzo-ball is not going to do him any favours!!!

We do not play the way that he needs to play in a team, we were shortsighted when we brought him in, and even more, if we choose to hold on to him, due to the way we prefer to play.

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Daka will always be limited by his lack of technical ability at the highest level. I know his confidence was low, but he looked genuinely appalling at the end of last season any time the ball was played into him.

He is an off the shoulder player with a decent finish on him, but even then, he lacks the explosive acceleration and nous in his movement that prime Vardy had which will limit his chances anyway given the other glaring limitations in his game.

...he tends to be on his heels a lot, waiting for the build-up to look to put him away!!!

He gestures for the pass quickly when we are in possession but he doesn't receive it, we are too busy building the play, so he makes the gesture and starts the run, the ball isn't released, and he now needs to get back onside reset, and look for the chance to trigger the pass again. He is very good at holding his line (when he first came here) to stay onside, but that has now gone, he now drifts offside or rocks on his heels when he needs to be alive to the ball coming in.

The way we play for some seasons now has not been good for Vardy and therefore his understudy is suffering as well.

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I dunno, arguing that a player that’s been rubbish for two years isn’t rubbish is pretty basic too

His stats prove that he hasn't been "rubbish". He's put out extremely good numbers for someone who hasn't been a consistent starter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

His stats prove that he hasn't been "rubbish". He's put out extremely good numbers for someone who hasn't been a consistent starter.

I'm not sure about using stats and numbers. I think, for me, I prefer to look with my own eyes. 

6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Daka for me just is not suited to English football, hes too lightweight, lacks strength, football brain and a nasty edge.

Yes but we are not in the premier league and it's not a given we go straight back up either. I'd rather see what he can do at this level then make a judgement.

6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I can imagine him being somewhat successful for a smaller prem team that would play to his strengths and let him fun on to the ball into the box, ect cross the ball low into the box.. have a target man drop it to his feet from corners/ crosses/ free kicks kind of thing… like. Brentford, Palace type team.. the sort of team were they wouldn’t have the luxury to do anything else other than play to his strengths..  

but he can’t be a loan striker, and he  can’t get the ball with his back to goal and he can’t be expected to run with the ball from the halfway line and take a few players on. 

he’s just an old  fashioned striker/ Poacher and we should have known that when we bought him…

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Do you think Brighton and Brentford are well run?

At the moment they are. I guess this is leading to you saying they are successful because they use stats a lot. I'm not saying they don't work but for me I'm not sure they are as important as some make out.