Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

17 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Wasn’t because we didn’t score goals though was it?

Well it certainly wasn’t our biggest problem, but more than 12 goals from our 3 strikers certainly could have helped. I wasn’t being entirely serious anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outfox the Fox said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leicester-city-ready-to-accept-23m-patson-daka-offer/

Can't believe we'll get anything near £23m for him - even from the likes of Monaco.

Unfortunately doesn't really say anything. "Monaco are considering something, we might be open to it, LCFC want as much of their fee back as possible"

Definition of filler. 

I don't understand why I'm hearing this Daka doesn't wanna play in the championship nonsense. If I was in a job where I'd individually underperformed, was getting paid a handsome wage and had a chance to do that job at a slightly lower standard I'd jump at it. I think Daka knows he may well prove to not even be good enough in the championship and is looking for a way out to an easier league where he can look a superstar again, which is probably good for the club, as a season where he underperformed in the championship is wasted wages, an a wasted year where we can get somebody in with the right physical and mental attributes for Enzo. Bite someone's hand off if we can get £15 million as that's close to what Piroe was quoted at.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't understand why I'm hearing this Daka doesn't wanna play in the championship nonsense. If I was in a job where I'd individually underperformed, was getting paid a handsome wage and had a chance to do that job at a slightly lower standard I'd jump at it. I think Daka knows he may well prove to not even be good enough in the championship and is looking for a way out to an easier league where he can look a superstar again, which is probably good for the club, as a season where he underperformed in the championship is wasted wages, an a wasted year where we can get somebody in with the right physical and mental attributes for Enzo. Bite someone's hand off if we can get £15 million as that's close to what Piroe was quoted at.

I think he wants to leave because he doesn't get game time, suits both parties really.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

I think he wants to leave because he doesn't get game time, suits both parties really.

But he isn't getting game time because he isn't good enough (for the current system).You are right suits both parties, so the club have to be aware of that when valuing him. Prices of everything change in a couple of years. At the time we bought him he was in demand from other clubs, now the club are in the championship and there isn't a long list of suitors for him.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

But he isn't getting game time because he isn't good enough (for the current system).You are right suits both parties, so the club have to be aware of that when valuing him. Prices of everything change in a couple of years. At the time we bought him he was in demand from other clubs, now the club are in the championship and there isn't a long list of suitors for him.

...I would say the reason for that would be his lack of progress at this club!!!

Football is fickle in every way and would see him being well sought after again if he went to a club that was more direct and moved the ball quicker. 

17 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't understand why I'm hearing this Daka doesn't wanna play in the championship nonsense.

It's just that, it's nonsense. Quotes out of context, usually from people with no association with the club or the player.

Ask Vardy if he wants to play in the Championship, or Winks or Coady. They'll all say no, thats not lack of commitment or turning your back on the club it's just a fact. It's s#ithole division.

Everything we know about the player is that he's a quiet, private, family man with a strong religious belief who does a fair bit for charities in Zambia. I've never seen anything to suggest he's not popular in the squad or any sort of a troublemaker. But he's only got to give a quote to Zambia Today or African Footballer Weekly that says "This division isn't where I want to be" and suddenly he's refusing to play/on strike/uncommitted. Based on zero facts.

If he moves it's a shame for him because there's clearly a player in there. He got pace, the 4 against Spartak, the cheeky finish vs Forest, the composed finish vs United and the link ups on the few occasions he's played with Nacho (like Brighton away last season) suggest he's not totally hopeless. He could easily bag a few this season but there's one striker in this system and he's 3rd in line, that's the only fact we can be sure about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rudkin has been told to get the Daka deal done urgent. 

Everytime he calls Daka's club to make an offer Jon's office phone rings but nobody is there. 

Edit. We should be ok now. The guy he is dealing with seems nice. His name is Jon too.

Edited by Brenfox
  • Haha 1

His amortised value on the books is £15m

that's what we should be trying to get back plus his loyalty bonus

even if we manage that then I reckon his agent will be trying to get 2 years PL salary differential (if we go back up next summer ). I do get that - the player signed a five year deal worth approx £18m to him 

he will have lost at least a million of that due to our relegation 

Monaco would be a good place to go to smooth out the taxable income part of the equation though ! 

I am pretty sure that sales are more complex because of potential lost earnings and trying to work that out with agents 

• Like 1

I think Daka will go towards the end of the window, with a number of foreign clubs coming in for him. 

I think Prem clubs will question whether he showed enough and steer clear this window. 

Club in France or Spain are my guess, and I think he will do well. 

Just hope we get a decent fee, but I suspect most clubs will want the loan/obligation to buy deal if he hits set targets for them. 

Could be why it is taking so long to move him on, as we need the cash now. 

• Like 2

'Monaco close in on Balogun agreement'

Monaco are close to reaching an agreement with Arsenal to sign Folarin Balogun, according to multiple reports.

The Athletic and the Daily Mail claim negotiations are reaching their final stages for the 22-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Ligue 1 club Stade Reims.

We're going to be stuck with him.

Edited by pazzerfox

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

His amortised value on the books is £15m

that's what we should be trying to get back plus his loyalty bonus

even if we manage that then I reckon his agent will be trying to get 2 years PL salary differential (if we go back up next summer ). I do get that - the player signed a five year deal worth approx £18m to him 

he will have lost at least a million of that due to our relegation 

Monaco would be a good place to go to smooth out the taxable income part of the equation though ! 

I am pretty sure that sales are more complex because of potential lost earnings and trying to work that out with agents 

Totally agree. 

Though I still feel that we don't negotiate hard enough. 

For me, if a club wants a loan, we should emphasise the risk that if a player performs well, the demand goes up and we can pull the player from under the loaning club's feet. Make them think a bit. 

Unsure how hard we push the player's agent too. I'd be clear that if their client wants to leave, they best hurry up and find a buyer themselves - otherwise the player will be instructed to stay with us. Turn the screw. Make the player and agent dance a bit. 

And if we sense there is no interest at all, we best make the player feel wanted and at home. 

I'm not sold looking in from the outside that we do any of the above well enough 

All depends on nacho you’d imagine. If we manage to get him to stay, then daka will go. Think it would be best for both parties if he did. Seems a really nice chap but he wouldn’t suit Enzos system and think we both need to move on. Decent finisher but that’s it really if we’re being honest. 

• Like 1