Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Bournemouth interested in Daka

according to Nixon

Bournemouth have done some good business so far this summer, but at quite a significant outlay already. So unsure if they’d offer us a decent fee for Patson or not… 

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Bournemouth have done some good business so far this summer, but at quite a significant outlay already. So unsure if they’d offer us a decent fee for Patson or not… 

Yeah this was something I was just looking at, they have already spent £100m+

Although apparently West Ham are trying for Solanke which would give them a decent wedge back

• Like 1

I am curious to see what Piroe to Leeds does to our willingness to sell Daka. I wouldn't bet against him being in the squad tomorrow. 

I think we'll want a minimum of 3 strikers in the squad, especially given Maresca seems to have some doubts about Iheanacho and Vardy's link up play is average to poor. Piroe over Daka made sense given Piroe would likely be cheaper and better at hold up / link up play. 

Now he's off the table, we haven't been strongly linked to any other strikers and we don't have long to find a replacement. 

We have 2 more loan spots that we can fit in the match day squad. It's been heavily suggested by credible sources that they're likely to be used on a winger and a centre back. 

So unless we receive an offer genuinely too good to turn down for Daka, that covers all of his remaining amortisation and represents maybe even a small profit, I'm not sure I see the angle in letting him go? 

Obviously we can go over the 5 loan limit but loaning clubs aren't going to be happy knowing someone always has to miss out. 

If selling Daka lets us buy, say, THB and loan someone like Archer then OK maybe? Idk. Stream of consciousness this a bit but eh. Interesting. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I am curious to see what Piroe to Leeds does to our willingness to sell Daka. I wouldn't bet against him being in the squad tomorrow. 

I think we'll want a minimum of 3 strikers in the squad, especially given Maresca seems to have some doubts about Iheanacho and Vardy's link up play is average to poor. Piroe over Daka made sense given Piroe would likely be cheaper and better at hold up / link up play. 

Now he's off the table, we haven't been strongly linked to any other strikers and we don't have long to find a replacement. 

We have 2 more loan spots that we can fit in the match day squad. It's been heavily suggested by credible sources that they're likely to be used on a winger and a centre back. 

So unless we receive an offer genuinely too good to turn down for Daka, that covers all of his remaining amortisation and represents maybe even a small profit, I'm not sure I see the angle in letting him go? 

Obviously we can go over the 5 loan limit but loaning clubs aren't going to be happy knowing someone always has to miss out. 

If selling Daka lets us buy, say, THB and loan someone like Archer then OK maybe? Idk. Stream of consciousness this a bit but eh. Interesting. 

Archer is off Sheff Utd, I thought someone like Jay Stansfield from Fulham but hes gone birmingham on loan

when Daka goes we do need another option up top

• Like 1

Mavididi played some games for Montpellier as a striker, and started his career in that position. If we are signing 2 more wingers, I could see him being used there on occasion, especially during AFCON when Nacho would be away as a rotation option to Vardy. Akgun supposedly has also been tried up front at some of the teams he's played at.

We also saw Praet used as a false 9 at the end of the Burton game. Square pegs in round holes though for sure.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mavididi played some games for Montpellier as a striker, and started his career in that position. If we are signing 2 more wingers, I could see him being used there on occasion, especially during AFCON when Nacho would be away as a rotation option to Vardy. Akgun supposedly has also been tried up front at some of the teams he's played at.

We also saw Praet used as a false 9 at the end of the Burton game. Square pegs in round holes though for sure.

I will be extremely surprised if we sell or loan out Daka and don't sign an actual recognised 9 even if just a loan. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Bournemouth interested in Daka

according to Nixon

Bournemouth's midfield doesn't look too impressive, can't see him being supplied with the quality opportunities he got down here at Leicester.