Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If that offer is legitimate we have to take it immediately. That's a cracking deal for us for a player Maresca clearly has no interest in. It should also fund what we need doing this week as well.

On the other hand, if Maresca bombs completely, we'll be foubly ducked. I'm sure a lot of managers could get good use out of Daka, so a loan would be prudent as it saves costs and preserves an asset.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Well IF Daka n Souttar have said they don’t want to play, then they both need to give their respective agents a rocket up the arses! I could do a better job of selling these two clients to another team ffs!

Don't know if Souttar doesn't want to play, just way down on  being picked

33 minutes ago, shen said:

On the other hand, if Maresca bombs completely, we'll be foubly ducked. I'm sure a lot of managers could get good use out of Daka, so a loan would be prudent as it saves costs and preserves an asset.

We wouldn't be because we'd have taken good money for him. I'm not writing him off nor do I think he's as bad as many on here make out but he's not made a big impact here at all, if we were offered our money back on basically any signing we've made since Fofana (excluding this window) we'd take it.

2 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

This is what made me laugh the first time they came up, the whole "little ol' Bournemouth" line. 

Even Sky used it, until they realised that it was futile as all the fans knew that there are billions behind the team. 

That shed they play in should be a clue that money might just be coming from somewhere else than their fanbase. 

Notwithstanding their owner's wealth - in the context of the PL and FFP they are still 'little' by virtue of the fact that their income remains, i suspect, one of the lowest in the league.

For the very same reason we are still Little Leicester, even if we were still in the prem, we're still small because we don't have the income of the big 6; even newcastle, as it stands are small because, despite their wealth, they still have a relatively low income.

And this is why they're limited to spending 20M and not 40, 50 plus million.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Yes.

A team the size of Bournemouth will never be able to splash even close to the amount of money they get in. Theyve signed a couple of players for about 20m this year already so that figure seems to be about their limit - but they were playing that for established players not bit part players like Daka..

How do you know that’s their limit? 

• Like 2

Where does this Daka could be a good player thing come from… he hits the back of the stand more regularly than he hits the back of the net… take away his 4 goals in one game which was an anomaly and he scores once every 10 games or so for us

1 hour ago, trugerkem said:

Where does this Daka could be a good player thing come from… he hits the back of the stand more regularly than he hits the back of the net… take away his 4 goals in one game which was an anomaly and he scores once every 10 games or so for us

9 goals in minutes which equate to about 26 league matches, outperformed his xG both seasons he's been here and was the only one of our strikers to do so last season. That contribution in a team that created next to nothing for its strikers plus his record for Salzburg is probably where it comes from I would think.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bert said:

Struggle to take this seriously when they claim he’s Senegalese 

FFS ...

Senegal is further from Zambia than Leicester is from New York.