Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

7 hours ago, Guest said:

9 goals in minutes which equate to about 26 league matches, outperformed his xG both seasons he's been here and was the only one of our strikers to do so last season. That contribution in a team that created next to nothing for its strikers plus his record for Salzburg is probably where it comes from I would think.

Well put like that he’s worth £100m …but I have eyes :) 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Has he gone yet to Bournealona?  

No. There is an article in yesterdays Mail on line with very little in the way of detail and a suggestion that Akgun is his replacement! 

Edited by Edingleyfox
  • Thanks 1

I think ultimately Daka will get a move but I think we’re kidding ourselves if we think we’re likely to recoup anything like what we paid for him and I imagine most of the interest is based on a season loan with buy clause based on conditions being met 

• Like 1

Daka just hasn't been used anywhere near in the way he should have been.

We were looking for a Vardy successor in a team that has been transitioning away from playing to Vardy's main strengths for some time.

While Vardy has aged, he's acquired different skills and adapted somewhat, which the relatively youthful Daka hasn't quite yet managed, but they remain similar players and both are just not suited to how Enzo - and I suspect the club as a whole - want the team to play.

Daka isn't the type of player you want to help build up play and retain possession while working an opening. You want him off the shoulder and smacking it first time past keepers. He's excellent at that. But it isn't what we need from a striker nowadays. It doesn't make him a bad player. In the right system and team he'll be a constant menace. I think he'd suit West Ham down to the ground as an alternative to Antonio, giving teams something a bit different to think about but still largely playing on the counter and capitalising on moments rather than sustained dominance in games.

Good luck to him if he goes. He hasn't worked out here but he'll be the kind of striker who will plague us if he stays in the Prem and we go up.

If £23m is anywhere near to being true, we'll need that to help build a squad capable of going the distance this season.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 2

Guest Sideshow Faes
17 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Daka just hasn't been used anywhere near in the way he should have been.

We were looking for a Vardy successor in a team that has been transitioning away from playing to Vardy's main strengths for some time.

While Vardy has aged, he's acquired different skills and adapted somewhat, which the relatively youthful Daka hasn't quite yet managed, but they remain similar players and both are just not suited to how Enzo - and I suspect the club as a whole - want the team to play.

Daka isn't the type of player you want to help build up play and retain possession while working an opening. You want him off the shoulder and smacking it first time past keepers. He's excellent at that. But it isn't what we need from a striker nowadays. It doesn't make him a bad player. In the right system and team he'll be a constant menace. I think he'd suit West Ham down to the ground as an alternative to Antonio, giving teams something a bit different to think about but still largely playing on the counter and capitalising on moments rather than sustained dominance in games.

Good luck to him if he goes. He hasn't worked out here but he'll be the kind of striker who will plague us if he stays in the Prem and we go up.

If £23m is anywhere near to being true, we'll need that to help build a squad capable of going the distance this season.

An absolute load of rubbish.

If you watched him in Austria there were plenty of times he came deep, picked up the ball back to goal, spun and made something happen. He hasn't in England because his touch isn't good enough and he's too weak.

Vardy has just aged. He scored goals for Pearson, ranieri and initially Rodgers in different systems. Nobody scored under puel. 

There's no strikers that are successful that can only play one way in one system, it's a terrible excuse for a player being an abject failure for us. 

And I have no interest in goals per minute, he can barely trap a bag of wet sand.

19 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We will regret selling this guy and everyone who thinks he’s crap is a muppet. 

...he does not fit our setup, he would have to adapt his game to suit, but perhaps we have identified a ready-made replacement we are more comfortable with!!!

Daka to Bournemouth makes sense to everyone involved assuming they lose Solanke. 

Just hope we replace properly with a striker who suits our system and doesn’t have to go to AFCON. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he does not fit our setup, he would have to adapt his game to suit, but perhaps we have identified a ready-made replacement we are more comfortable with!!!

You know what, apparently Haaland didn’t fit Man City’s setup at the start. They had to adapt to him. They did. Seemed to go reasonably well. Not saying Daka is Haaland, but then we’re not Man City. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We will regret selling this guy and everyone who thinks he’s crap is a muppet. 

Based on what? I mean I wouldn’t say he was crap but on the flip side I wouldn’t say I’ve seen anything of him that would make me think he’s going to be good… from what I’ve seen he’s a middle of the road type of player, granted confidence may have been an issue but for me I wouldn’t say he was as fast as people like to make out, his second touch is usually chasing his poor first touch and in the main he looks like he needs stabilisers as I’ve never seen some1 slip/fall over as much as him… his pros I guess are he puts a shift in (headless chicken esq sometimes) and the big 1 is he’s a natural finisher which is the money shot for me

Just now, dbtcity said:

Based on what? I mean I wouldn’t say he was crap but on the flip side I wouldn’t say I’ve seen anything of him that would make me think he’s going to be good… from what I’ve seen he’s a middle of the road type of player, granted confidence may have been an issue but for me I wouldn’t say he was as fast as people like to make out, his second touch is usually chasing his poor first touch and in the main he looks like he needs stabilisers as I’ve never seen some1 slip/fall over as much as him… his pros I guess are he puts a shift in (headless chicken esq sometimes) and the big 1 is he’s a natural finisher which is the money shot for me

Then it’s your judgement of a player vs mine really, isn’t it?   Out performed his xG two seasons, playing bit parts in a system not suited to him. Our record goal scorer in Europe. I mean if you buy a race horse, leave it in the stables and then moan when it doesn’t run well, stuff it back in the stable for months and then moan even louder, how would you know if you had Shegar in there or Chum?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Then it’s your judgement of a player vs mine really, isn’t it?   Out performed his xG two seasons, playing bit parts in a system not suited to him. Our record goal scorer in Europe. I mean if you buy a race horse, leave it in the stables and then moan when it doesn’t run well, stuff it back in the stable for months and then moan even louder, how would you know if you had Shegar in there or Chum?

It was a genuine question as I personally don’t see what others do in him… his pros I stated kind of fall in line with the pros you’ve given and he may well thrive in a team in need of a clinal finisher but I think said team would have to be a route 1 kind of team or Shergar will probably end up back in the stable at his new club imo lol 

Edited by dbtcity

44 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He came here as a 22yo and was a massive coup for the club, he wasn't a tier one young striker like Haaland but a tier two two young striker in world football. He was linked to Liverpool and I was surprised we got him.

It's now two years later, he is 24yo and has failed to establish himself in the first team as an automatic pick. Yes he still has potential and could blossom elsewhere but we have a manager who doesn't apparently want him and getting a large percentage of your money back on a player who came here with high potential and still hasn't put his marker down is good business in my book.

I find most of our really great players over the years have come here and looked the part very quickly so happy to cash in on Daka and roll the dice elsewhere on another player. You won't go far wrong if you can get 80% of your money back on players who it hasn't worked out for here within one or two years of signing.

• Like 4

Our astute DoF will probably include a buy-back Clause to ensure his reputation is not tarnished should this blow up in our faces at some future date.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It was a genuine question as I personally don’t see what others do in him… his pros I stated kind of fall in line with the pros you’ve given and he may well thrive in a team in need of a clinal finisher but I think said team would have to be a route 1 kind of team or Shergar will probably end up back in the stable at his new club imo lol 

We haven’t seen enough of him to judge him fairly. If we gave him half a season then sure, accurate judgements could be made. Won’t happen though. For some reason doesn’t look like Enzo rates him. The baldy muppet 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Right player, right time, wrong manager. 

100%

But I think it's easier for a new striker coming now Vardy has declined.

More chance you get a proper run, when Daka arrived he was in and out.

He never got 10-15 games on the spin.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

We haven’t seen enough of him to judge him fairly. If we gave him half a season then sure, accurate judgements could be made. Won’t happen though. For some reason doesn’t look like Enzo rates him. The baldy muppet 🤣

The reason we haven't seen enough of him, is that he hasn't performed well enough when given his chances. If we had been in great form and he couldn't find a way into the team, it would be more understandable to give him a bit  more time to prove himself. The fact that we have been poor for the vast majority of his time here and he still couldn't find a way into the team says enough for me. 

If we can get good money for him, then it's definitely time to cash in and try somebody else.