Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

Che Adams  £15m, Brennan Johnson £40m, Solanke £25m.

i mean i have literally no idea how much Daka is worth based on the above. 

Yep, and Southampton are looking at 30m for Sulemana (appreciate they’re different positions but shows how you could make a case for a higher valuation on Daka who has scored goals in the PL). 

https://x.com/mcgrathmike/status/1695396469828665784?s=46&t=5dEusx6GpOJy2u7qXWRC0g

7 minutes ago, Viva said:

The reason we haven't seen enough of him, is that he hasn't performed well enough when given his chances. If we had been in great form and he couldn't find a way into the team, it would be more understandable to give him a bit  more time to prove himself. The fact that we have been poor for the vast majority of his time here and he still couldn't find a way into the team says enough for me. 

If we can get good money for him, then it's definitely time to cash in and try somebody else. 

...we stopped playing to Vardy's strengths a long, long time ago and Vardy has looked isolated!!!

Bringing in Daka was not the right move, we were no longer playing in a way that helped his game. Under Rodgers, playing a false 9 would have been the more appropriate approach and Nacho would have been the only striker capable of playing that role.

Now under Maresca, Daka is not suitable, It will be the same for Vardy, but his on-field experience does help the team to an extent. Nacho is the logical go-to striker to utilise, at this moment.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

You know what, apparently Haaland didn’t fit Man City’s setup at the start. They had to adapt to him. They did. Seemed to go reasonably well. Not saying Daka is Haaland, but then we’re not Man City. 

Time to repeat that Daka was the replacement for Haaland at Salzburg and pretty much matched him for goals. 

He isn't Haaland, no, but he's a hell of a player that hasn't been utilised properly here. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Time to repeat that Daka was the replacement for Haaland at Salzburg and pretty much matched him for goals. 

He isn't Haaland, no, but he's a hell of a player that hasn't been utilised properly here. 

He might be a hell of a player in the Austrian league but the premier league is a totally different kettle of fish.

He's not strong enough, technical enough or aggressive enough.  He dosen't link the play nor seemingly want to be the focal point.

Haaland is all of the above and even in a weaker team than Man City you can just see haaland  scoring goals.

Daka may have been not utilised to his style but In truth he's simply not been good enough.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Verumex said:

How does that work when Salzburg signed Daka before they signed Haaland?

Daka is worth 20mill + in todays market. Given a decent run in the team and confidence he’ll score plenty. Fully expect him to outscore Solanke if he goes to bournemouth. Remember we paid over 20mill, he’s still only 24 and there’s not lots of goal scoring strikers about.

How much did Everton pay for Maupay for example? 

Apart from our team name a better striker in the championship than Daka? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Daka is worth 20mill + in todays market. Given a decent run in the team and confidence he’ll score plenty. Fully expect him to outscore Solanke if he goes to bournemouth. Remember we paid over 20mill, he’s still only 24 and there’s not lots of goal scoring strikers about.

Piroe

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

20m+?! I know it's a Saturday night but have a glass of water between pints. You'll feel better for it in the morning. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

20m+?! I know it's a Saturday night but have a glass of water between pints. You'll feel better for it in the morning. 

Yeh it’s 2023 not 2003…

Solanke 40million

Maupay 15million

Scammaca 36million

Chris Wood 25million 

Mitrovic 52million

Richarlison 60million 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Yeh it’s 2023 not 2003…

Solanke 40million

Maupay 15million

Scammaca 36million

Chris Wood 25million 

Mitrovic 52million

Richarlison 60million 

Christ that is a sad list 😂

45 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

In the championship I’d rather have quite a few.(doesn’t mean better, just for the championship) Adam Armstrong, Che Adams, Jerry Yates, Josh Sargent and quite a few others. I think Daka is a fair price at 15 million, but I wouldn’t be signing him if I was another English club.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They want him on loan with an option to buy, we want a permanent deal

pretty sure they'll be a break through with this next week after the Bournemouth performance today

if it was a loan with obligation to buy it would have been done