Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Drink Water said:

I think Vardy definitely has the drive, passion, and determination to prove himself infront of Enzo. Whereas I feel Daka doesn't, but if he did, it would not be near the level of Vardys.

This is likely very true. 

Just now, Drink Water said:

@ARM1968 I think Enzo is just very specific with no legroom when it comes to the type of player he wants and if you're even an inch far from his playstyle expectation, you will be dropped. You can see this as either a positive, negative or both.

He clearly makes exceptions though. He is managing a relegated side on the rebuild. He doesn't have Pep resources. Its why we end up with square pegs in ......

I think there has to be behind the scenes considerations too. I think you have to 'buy in' to the system, and want to work with it, and be willing to change.  I think you have to be fully committed in training. And i mean fully. Those who don't show this are the ones i think cast aside for now, as they aren't going to be able to move him from his 20% implementation to 50% +

I think others can be integrated in when he is happy the system is integrated enough. If we still have Patson after the window, he will have to come back in surely? Same with Souttar.

5 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Could be less he doesn’t fit the system and more he’s come back to training, said he doesn’t want to be here and isn’t working hard enough. We’ll probably never know!

We won't know, but my guess is that Enzo has seen Daka in training and his lack of technical ability, and quickly made his mind up, that Daka isn't for him.

11 minutes ago, Verumex said:

How can he not be good enough for us in our system and yet good enough for Burnley in the Premier League? 

I think it just comes down to having to balance the books and how its hard to justify having 3 strikers on a big wage when we use a system that only plays 1 of them...

3 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

It’ll be interesting if he does go as a loan rather than sold now.  I wonder whether it is Patson who is pushing for a move or Enzo who doesn’t rate him or both.

another reject going to a league above us! 

Its almost as if last seasons relegation was mostly down to the board and the manager then the actual quality of the players..

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Finn Claw II said:

another reject going to a league above us! 

Imagine when back in the Prem and every other day we are facing an ex-leicester relegation player :D

Lei vs Fulham

Lei vs Man United

Lei vs Spurs

Lei vs Villa

Lei vs Newcastle

Lei vs Wolves?

Lei vs Burnley?

Lei vs Forest?

Thats 8 possible fixtures assuming Forest and Burnley stay in the Prem :giggle:

1 minute ago, Drink Water said:

@Chelmofox Yes, after the window closes that would happen. No point wasting them. But I was just refering to now.

I can only presume that he thinks the only players who can implement the system are those driven and fully committed behind it. If you start someone who isn't, i will likely drag you backwards.

I think Enzo would rather draw 1-1 with his system than win 3-0 with Daka completely ignoring it. I think the flexibility comes later.

I can only presume Daka just doesnt get it or understand it.

14 minutes ago, Verumex said:

How can he not be good enough for us in our system and yet good enough for Burnley in the Premier League? 

In Burnley's opinion.

Unless he gets 10-12 goals for them I'd still argue he's not good enough for the Premier League. As I've said before the cheeky finish Vs Forest, composed finish Vs United, 4 against Spartak and the flashes of link up play with Nacho show there's a player in there but he played 26 games last season and scored 5 goals. Vardy came good eventually. So did Kels, I'm just not convinced he ever will to enough of a level to be of use to us.

44 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

then we'll get the "we shouldnt have sold him" from the ones who where saying he was crap

I hope he does really well and smashes it. I think many on here are ready to die on the particular hill that he’s crap though so can’t see them admitting being wrong if he does turn it round. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I hope he does really well and smashes it. I think many on here are ready to die on the particular hill that he’s crap though so can’t see them admitting being wrong if he does turn it round. 

I've nothing against most of the players who are moving on. Barnes will get a good reception whenever he comes back, as should Maddison. Youri won't, neither will Castangne.

If Kels goes we'll love him wherever he ends up. Seniorman, top guy forever humble. 

Daka I suspect will be meh from the fans, but he's clearly a decent individual and we should wish him well if he goes.

1 minute ago, Red Squirrel said:

I've nothing against most of the players who are moving on. Barnes will get a good reception whenever he comes back, as should Maddison. Youri won't, neither will Castangne.

If Kels goes we'll love him wherever he ends up. Seniorman, top guy forever humble. 

Daka I suspect will be meh from the fans, but he's clearly a decent individual and we should wish him well if he goes.

Tielemans deserves more applause than Barnes imo. FA Cup?

Just now, Edmund said:

For those wondering why Daka has seemingly been frozen out and shunned from the squad....

1 more app and we need to cough up 5 million Euros to Salzburg. He's currently on 74 apps with us. The next and last payment trigger is 75 apps :thumbup:

You know this 100%?

Explains a lot why he hasn't even made a bench appearance this season and will have to go.

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Tielemans deserves more applause than Barnes imo. FA Cup?

Barnes is an academy product. Tielemans just sat and ate pies for the last 18 months, he's admitted as much. Unfortunately his last 2 seasons undid most of the good memories. Barnes is sways a Leicester lad I think hed have stayed given the opportunity, these Belgians don't give a toss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

For those wondering why Daka has seemingly been frozen out and shunned from the squad....

1 more app and we need to cough up 5 million Euros to Salzburg. He's currently on 74 apps with us. The next and last payment trigger is 75 apps :thumbup:

Give that man a biscuit!

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

In Burnley's opinion.

Unless he gets 10-12 goals for them I'd still argue he's not good enough for the Premier League. As I've said before the cheeky finish Vs Forest, composed finish Vs United, 4 against Spartak and the flashes of link up play with Nacho show there's a player in there but he played 26 games last season and scored 5 goals. Vardy came good eventually. So did Kels, I'm just not convinced he ever will to enough of a level to be of use to us.

Like Kramaric mate. Absolute bobbins. Although, didn’t I hear a few utter endbells muttering about maybe trying to get Kram back? Hmmmm