Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

For those wondering why Daka has seemingly been frozen out and shunned from the squad....

1 more app and we need to cough up 5 million Euros to Salzburg. He's currently on 74 apps with us. The next and last payment trigger is 75 apps :thumbup:

This makes more sense now. He's never struck me as the kind of player who'd kick up a fuss and want to leave.

Feel a little sorry for him actually, hope he gets a move away in the next 24 hours.

Makes me wonder whether we will take that £5m hit should Kelechi leave and we don't find a replacement 

Edited by LVFox

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Fvck me I'll be even more annoying if Patson Daka bags 20 G+A playing in a Guardiola clone system at Burnley. 

I'll eat my hat if he comes any where near that!

Did not come anywhere near such stats with higher quality players here at Leicester, I struggle to see how he's going to do that for lower table Premier League teams...? :dunno:

17 minutes ago, Iran said:

I'll eat my hat if he comes any where near that!

Did not come anywhere near such stats with higher quality players here at Leicester, I struggle to see how he's going to do that for lower table Premier League teams...? :dunno:

By actually playing? 

For a competent man manager? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

By actually playing? 

You can blame Rodgers to an extent for player's poor form, but ultimately Daka never really took his chance and to be honest never really looked the part when playing in the Premier League. Could be down to the huge transition from playing in Austrian Bundesliga to the Premiership in my eyes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

By actually playing? 

Will his control, first touch, ability to hold off a strong challenge, aerial ability or bravery improve under a different manager? A different manager might play a system that suits his strengths more, but his deficiencies will likely always be there in our leagues. 🤷

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

For those wondering why Daka has seemingly been frozen out and shunned from the squad....

1 more app and we need to cough up 5 million Euros to Salzburg. He's currently on 74 apps with us. The next and last payment trigger is 75 apps :thumbup:

Blooming heck. Sounds plausible I suppose. Do appearance clauses include loans?

4 hours ago, Edmund said:

Didn’t the same sort of situation happen with Silva? Can’t believe players would like these kind of appearance based add on’s.

Wonder if he didn't have that clause, whether Enzo would actually be playing him now or at least given him minutes in the cup games.

We all suspected Enzo didn't rate him at all, which might not be the whole truth if Rudkin has said we want to avoid the extra payment before we hopefully sell him. 

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Like Kramaric mate. Absolute bobbins. Although, didn’t I hear a few utter endbells muttering about maybe trying to get Kram back? Hmmmm

I never had a problem with Kramaric, just the wrong player wrong time. He wasn't getting in past Vardy and couldn't link with him like Nuge or Shinji. The one time he got a start he tried to chip the keeper from 30 yards instead of taking the ball through on goal. If we bought him tomorrow, I'd start him over Patson every day of the week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Didn’t the same sort of situation happen with Silva? Can’t believe players would like these kind of appearance based add on’s.

Not likely, Puel stuck him in the reserves and played Matt James. I think there was something similar with Perez who was dropped randomly. He had been almost ever-present then suddenly couldn't even get 5 minutes off the bench.

To be fair this type of clauses are becoming part and parcel of football and transfer deals. Barnes, Madders and Castagne have all left and part of the deals including performances add on payments and no doubt these will have some form of appearance based milestone. 

This only becomes an issue if a player isn’t really doing the business or if he is out of favour or pushing for a move away, then like Daka it makes complete sense to keep out of the squad, no point whatsoever in triggering an additional payment when the plan is to move them on. 

43 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

To be fair this type of clauses are becoming part and parcel of football and transfer deals. Barnes, Madders and Castagne have all left and part of the deals including performances add on payments and no doubt these will have some form of appearance based milestone. 

This only becomes an issue if a player isn’t really doing the business or if he is out of favour or pushing for a move away, then like Daka it makes complete sense to keep out of the squad, no point whatsoever in triggering an additional payment when the plan is to move them on. 

Could be that if we don’t move him on we will be prepared to play him and pay the add on, kind of silly to play him if plan was to let him go and he finishes on 75 appearances costing us extra few million!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Could be that if we don’t move him on we will be prepared to play him and pay the add on, kind of silly to play him if plan was to let him go and he finishes on 75 appearances costing us extra few million!

If we don’t find a move for him, we are going to have to do something. Little point paying the wages and letting him rot. 

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I distinctly remember there was some sort of appearance clause issue with Silva.  Possibly Under as well?

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Wonder if he didn't have that clause, whether Enzo would actually be playing him now or at least given him minutes in the cup games.

We all suspected Enzo didn't rate him at all, which might not be the whole truth if Rudkin has said we want to avoid the extra payment before we hopefully sell him. 

Why was he on the bench at burton ?  Was it purely sending a message to Bournemouth or any other interested club that we wouldn’t be pushed around on fee (as seemed to be the case with Castagne on Saturday) ?  I struggle with the appearance reason.  His agent would have told any interested party about the appearance clause. So us putting him on the bench is irrelevant in that context. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why was he on the bench at burton ?  Was it purely sending a message to Bournemouth or any other interested club that we wouldn’t be pushed around on fee (as seemed to be the case with Castagne on Saturday) ?  I struggle with the appearance reason.  His agent would have told any interested party about the appearance clause. So us putting him on the bench is irrelevant in that context. 

Maybe Enzo hadn’t fully decided he wasn’t in his plans at that stage. 

Im sure is Enzo thought that Daka was key to his plans he would have pushed the club to use him. 

12 hours ago, Edmund said:

Now THAT is a "technical reason." That makes more sense to me than Daka refusing to play at this level if I'm honest. 

• Like 3

Daka refusing to play must be nonsense. Whilst I don’t rate him, he does always try and seems a really nice guy. 

If you’d believe the Facebook Zambians, Daka is up there with the North Koreans who believe Kim Jong Un can do things with a football that no other human can. I’m not so sure.