Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

10 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Daka refusing to play must be nonsense. Whilst I don’t rate him, he does always try and seems a really nice guy. 

If you’d believe the Facebook Zambians, Daka is up there with the North Koreans who believe Kim Jong Un can do things with a football that no other human can. I’m not so sure. 

That's Facebook anyone. Literally everyone I speak to here thinks he's declined rapidly, either due to mismanagement or pressure... oh and because he married that woman. 

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

That's Facebook anyone. Literally everyone I speak to here thinks he's declined rapidly, either due to mismanagement or pressure... oh and because he married that woman. 

Do you think it’s because she’s faster than him? lol 

5 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

What women?

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

Probably!

Interestingly she's running a track event this saturday that my boy was invited too, but he's also been asked to play at a football tournament... he chose the football.

Absolutely buzzing to hear @Finnegan thoughts on the lad in ten years time ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Drink Water said:

I think Vardy definitely has the drive, passion, and determination to prove himself infront of Enzo. Whereas I feel Daka doesn't, but if he did, it would not be near the level of Vardys.

...but neither of them fits the system!!!

Vardy's experience trumps Daka, it is no contest.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

What's the system they don't fit?

From what I've seen so far, we are going with a lone striker, who needs to be fast and press hard to force errors, which then allows our wingers to score - like the Vardy of old. I've also seen that we need a striker that can hold the ball up and bring in the wingers - like Iheanacho.

It's not immediately clear what the expectations of the striker are, nor why Vardy (or maybe Daka if he ran a bit harder) wouldn't fit.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I'm not comparing either 2023 Vardy or Daka to Haaland in terms of quality but we heard the same about how he wouldn't fit with Pep and the man broke records. And despite Haaland's size, he wasn't really a significant contributor to hold up play either, he'd frequently "do a Vardy" and go whole matches without touching the ball only to pop up and score. 

We absolutely could adjust to create chances for a conventional poacher and to not need a striker to contribute much to hold up play. Especially once we start getting Casadei and Yunus properly in to the starting lineup. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not comparing either 2023 Vardy or Daka to Haaland in terms of quality but we heard the same about how he wouldn't fit with Pep and the man broke records. And despite Haaland's size, he wasn't really a significant contributor to hold up play either, he'd frequently "do a Vardy" and go whole matches without touching the ball only to pop up and score. 

We absolutely could adjust to create chances for a conventional poacher and to not need a striker to contribute much to hold up play. Especially once we start getting Casadei and Yunus properly in to the starting lineup. 

Plus having a Vardy or Daka gives us pace in behind, so it gives the option to go long if teams attempt the high press, much like Man City can. Ideally you need that pace to stretch the pitch and give the midfield and wide players more space to operate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

What's the system they don't fit?

From what I've seen so far, we are going with a lone striker, who needs to be fast and press hard to force errors, which then allows our wingers to score - like the Vardy of old. I've also seen that we need a striker that can hold the ball up and bring in the wingers - like Iheanacho.

It's not immediately clear what the expectations of the striker are, nor why Vardy (or maybe Daka if he ran a bit harder) wouldn't fit.

...their style of play is the same, relying on the space behind a defence to exploit!!!

We may ask a striker to press but neither Vardy or Daka are proficient at holding up the ball and linking the play. Nacho can link the play, but the drawback with him apparently is that he does not press as much as Maresca requires.

12 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

3 managers haven't fancied Daka now, gotta be something amiss. 

Maresca's decision not to play him may have been heavily influenced by financial thinking.   He's played 74 times in two seasons.  Dean Smith managed few games

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Like a turd that won't flush!

This represents the downside of Foxestalk.  Keyboard warriors repeating thoughtless comments.

51 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

It’s doesn’t matter what team Daka will play in he’ll still be a pussy and spend more time on his arse than not.

Doh!  

I believe @Finnegan at some point posted stats that show Daka is at least reasonable.   Any chance they could be reposted,  please?

If Daka leaves, I predict there will be ,any comments on  FT questioning why we got rid of him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Daka's fast and a good finisher, but he's just too one dimensional for most teams. If a team's playing pure counter attack and exploiting space behind high lines, like West Ham, or playing old school football with 2 strikers, one fast and nimble and the other big and strong, he'll do well. Unfortunately not many teams play these systems anymore. 

...if we are not looking to trigger the extra game then he will have to be sold!!!

He needs to take a different approach to the game as so far he has not helped his cause. He has a tendency to receive the ball in a static position,  he is very upright and does not protect the ball in this way.

He has to stop going down and asking for decisions and get straight back up to win the ball back. He has poor balance, always falling over whilst not under pressure and you would think that is something he would look to address.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I suspect if he doesn't go, he will be reintegrated into the squad

Same goes for every player that’s been shunned so far this season… gone will be the days of Stolarczyk and Ward holding hands on the bench we’d actually be able to bin 1 of them off from the match day squad (hopefully the latter won’t be here like 🙏🏻)

14 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Maybe he's been sidelined due to the appearance clause, and until we shift or balance our coin, do we know if we have enough to pay that suggested fee without impacting our transfer fund.

I think you might be on to something there…

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if we are not looking to trigger the extra game then he will have to be sold!!!

He needs to take a different approach to the game as so far he has not helped his cause. He has a tendency to receive the ball in a static position,  he is very upright and does not protect the ball in this way.

He has to stop going down and asking for decisions and get straight back up to win the ball back. He has poor balance, always falling over whilst not under pressure and you would think that is something he would look to address.

Debatable.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Maybe he's been sidelined due to the appearance clause, and until we shift or balance our coin, do we know if we have enough to pay that suggested fee without impacting our transfer fund.

I think this is basically it isn't it. 

Or at least, it'll be one of several factors all being considered by the accountants and Rudkin when they try to balance the in vs out going players over the next few days. 

It's clear we'd definitely consider selling one of Iheanacho or Daka. If selling Daka bags us 20m + his wages off the books + avoids us paying more in bonuses you can see why he'd be first choice to go. 

Especially if keeping him means we've got, for example, less of the Castagne money to spend on a defender or less of the Ndidi money to spend on a midfielder. It feels like we're spinning quite a few plates at once and intend to try and squeeze every penny we can out of our resources up til the deadline to try and get an extra couple of targets in. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think this is basically it isn't it. 

Or at least, it'll be one of several factors all being considered by the accountants and Rudkin when they try to balance the in vs out going players over the next few days. 

It's clear we'd definitely consider selling one of Iheanacho or Daka. If selling Daka bags us 20m + his wages off the books + avoids us paying more in bonuses you can see why he'd be first choice to go. 

Especially if keeping him means we've got, for example, less of the Castagne money to spend on a defender or less of the Ndidi money to spend on a midfielder. It feels like we're spinning quite a few plates at once and intend to try and squeeze every penny we can out of our resources up til the deadline to try and get an extra couple of targets in. 

I think the club are keeping things tight. I think there's a feeling fans want us to spend transfer income from selling now, but we might need some contingency for January, and we'll definitely need coin should be achieve promotion.

There's going to be a whole load of sad faces who declared Daka dogshite, and he's potentially still here on Monday.

8 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I think the club are keeping things tight. I think there's a feeling fans want us to spend transfer income from selling now, but we might need some contingency for January, and we'll definitely need coin should be achieve promotion.

There's going to be a whole load of sad faces who declared Daka dogshite, and he's potentially still here on Monday.

If he's still here on Monday, then there'll be some happy faces too.

23 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Fans want to have their cake and eat it, they moan if the club buys no one and also moan at the club overspending.