Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

24 minutes ago, DezFox said:

He could have not given them so much in first place. So surely still his fault? However I get your point. 

And they wouldn't have signed which is ok in the case of the players we want gone with 2 years hindsight but what if we'd offered Maddison, Kante, Fofana etc. less?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

And they wouldn't have signed which is ok in the case of the players we want gone with 2 years hindsight but what if we'd offered Maddison, Kante, Fofana etc. less?

I’m not sure we offered Kante, Maddison the same sort of wages as soumare did we? Much less I would imagine. Forfana on the other hand was so young and already being talked about in the French 1st team. His value was always going to go one way. The likes of soumare on 80k a week! Even lille fans thought what on earth are they doing. Jannick was was 27, slow and laboured and Southampton fans couldn’t beehive their luck. I don’t think you could argue that these weren’t bad decisions on too much money, decisions that were made by trying to break top 6 and changing model to so. Daka is the exception, thought he would be good but you could argue that whether it’s this year or next, he is the only that we could recoup out losses. 

12 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I’m not sure we offered Kante, Maddison the same sort of wages as soumare did we? Much less I would imagine. Forfana on the other hand was so young and already being talked about in the French 1st team. His value was always going to go one way. The likes of soumare on 80k a week! Even lille fans thought what on earth are they doing. Jannick was was 27, slow and laboured and Southampton fans couldn’t beehive their luck. I don’t think you could argue that these weren’t bad decisions on too much money, decisions that were made by trying to break top 6 and changing model to so. Daka is the exception, thought he would be good but you could argue that whether it’s this year or next, he is the only that we could recoup out losses. 

I take some of your points but my overriding view is that transfers are so hard to judge and it's easy to forget the circumstances when a player signed. I think the club were expecting Fofana to stay another year, hence the panic buy in JV.

Our recruitment was amazing for a while and now very little seems to come off but there's a lot of guesstimating. It feels like Rudkin will take responsibility for everything that goes wrong but credit goes elsewhere. 

We moan about leaving business too late but raising funds from Maddison and Barnes early has helped massively this summer.

• Like 2

There's nothing to say his attitude is anything other than excellent, but he just hasn't cut it here. And he doesn't have the technical ability to get into a Maresca side either.

I wouldn't be gutted if he smashed it elsewhere simply because the 'it could have been us' narrative wouldn't apply.

I hope Daka goes to Bournemouth and scores a load of goals, just because I feel he has been hard done by here and never really been given a proper run since arriving, plus he played under the worst coach ever.

Obviously he won't fit into Enzos style but in the right team he should be fine.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Absolutely no evidence that he is better than any PL club. At the moment he's not good enough for Championship.

Ridiculous comment, the guys never been given a fair crack in the side I believe.

yes his hold up play isn’t great but his pace would scare any championship defence.

might be in the minority here but will be sad to see him go!

Just now, sphericalfox said:

based on what evidence?

Based on the fact he didn’t perform in a team that got relegated. He should have been able to nail down a place in that team, but couldn’t. At the moment he is also third choice for a team in the Championship.