Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Based on the fact he didn’t perform in a team that got relegated. He should have been able to nail down a place in that team, but couldn’t. At the moment he is also third choice for a team in the Championship. 

He didn’t really perform in a team that was struggling the season before either 

Just now, Viva said:

Based on the fact he didn’t perform in a team that got relegated. He should have been able to nail down a place in that team, but couldn’t. At the moment he is also third choice for a team in the Championship. 

it's been indicated that he has a chunk of cash hanging on his head for his next appearance that at the moment we either can't afford if offloading him (loan or perm) or that it'll bite into our transfer fund. He doesn't necessarily fit into our new tactical system.

There's a lot of hyperbole and knickertwisting on this thread and others. Appreciate that  everyone is entitled to their views, but some of the over the top barkers make me scratch my head.

10 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Ridiculous comment, the guys never been given a fair crack in the side I believe.

yes his hold up play isn’t great but his pace would scare any championship defence.

might be in the minority here but will be sad to see him go!

Yeah but we don't play balls over the top and we're not likely to face many teams playing with a defensive line near half way in this league so he's basicaly redundant as that's all he offers.

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

the quote was:

'At the moment he's not good enough for Championship.'

He hasn't played in the Championship. No evidence.

OK, for the pedantic:

Based on what he has shown up to now during his time at LCFC, albeit in a higher league, I do not believe he has the required ability to be an effective striker in the Championship.

The above is my personal held opinion, formed on watching Daka for 2 seasons and does not as such necessarily reflect the views of those responsible for running this website

There you go, Sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah but we don't play balls over the top and we're not likely to face many teams playing with a defensive line near half way in this league so he's basicaly redundant as that's all he offers.

Fair point made sir👍🏻

• Like 1

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

OK, for the pedantic:

Based on what he has shown up to now during his time at LCFC, albeit in a higher league, I do not believe he has the required ability to be an effective striker in the Championship.

The above is my personal held opinion, formed on watching Daka for 2 seasons and does not as such necessarily reflect the views of those responsible for running this website

There you go, Sir.

Effectively he possibly won't work in our system. He could in theory play for another side that played to his strengths and actually do well in the Championship, in my view very easily. This I'll disagree with you on.

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

that's true, I personally haven't seen the contract agreed. but it's a pretty obvious number, and we've history of shelving players so we don't have to pay up

If that was the case, it would seem strange for his last appearances be used up as 5 cameo appearances under 30mins

Also he was on the bench for West Ham and Coventry for what would’ve been appearance 75

Just now, HankMarvin said:

If that was the case, it would seem strange for his last appearances be used up as 5 cameo appearances under 30mins

Also he was on the bench for West Ham and Coventry for what would’ve been appearance 75

Ward is on the bench. Do you think he's going to play?

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

Effectively he possibly won't work in our system. He could in theory play for another side that played to his strengths and actually do well in the Championship, in my view very easily. This I'll disagree with you on.

Yes, I agree with this. We have seen pace merchants with decent finishing be very effective in this league before, and then be found out in the league above.

I do hope to see him succeed elsewhere but I have no desire seeing him as a round peg being forced into a square hole any more, it is too infuriating watching our attacks break down every time he receives ball to feet when marked.